Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Thought on the new traxxas e- revo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought on the new traxxas e- revo

Myself, I'm glad that they finally have a fresh new electric vehicle. Currently the only (electric) vehicles that don't use their "standard" electric tranny is the E-maxx and the 4tec(which probably will be discontinued before long). The tranny that they put in the slash, stampede, rustler, and bandit, is a pretty good one. However it's been around for at least 10 years, and I feel that a new one (along with new cars and trucks) should be designed. The e-revo is a welcome change.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
weez440

Default RE: Thought on the new traxxas e- revo

very welcome indeed but a plastic frame????
Old 04-27-2008, 05:11 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah It's nice but I too would have liked to see an aluminum chassis.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
sloppyG

plastic is much easier to make into shapes which provide strength

you make a much more rigid chassis with plastic because of the geometry that is possible with plastic, that's not possible with metal on a mass production basis

the material the chassis is made of is only one factor in it's strength, the geometry plays a huge factor as well
Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
blitzskiff

yeah, but it still has titans brushed motors [:'(]
Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: blitzskiff

So does the E-maxx, and that doesn't stop people from buying it. I do not think it needed an aluminum chassis. That would just raise the price, and I'm sure they wanted to keep it closer to the price of the E-maxx.

It looks like a nice car. To the first post- I think it's good that all of the Traxxas cars use the same gear box. It's easier for Traxxas, and easier for the people that own the cars. I like knowing that most of the Traxxas electric cars use the same parts.

There is an upside to everything. Such as the fact that Traxxas always re-vamps old vehicles. It's better for the consumer because they are not buying a new truck every month. I had an xl-5, when the vxl came out, I just got some new parts. I wasn't left behind.

I like Traxxas, and I really like the E-revo. People have been asking for it, and Traxxas finally came out with it.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM
blitzskiff

ORIGINAL: Wipe Out

So does the E-maxx, and that doesn't stop people from buying it. I do not think it needed an aluminum chassis. That would just raise the price, and I'm sure they wanted to keep it closer to the price of the E-maxx.

It looks like a nice car. To the first post- I think it's good that all of the Traxxas cars use the same gear box. It's easier for Traxxas, and easier for the people that own the cars. I like knowing that most of the Traxxas electric cars use the same parts.

There is an upside to everything. Such as the fact that Traxxas always re-vamps old vehicles. It's better for the consumer because they are not buying a new truck every month. I had an xl-5, when the vxl came out, I just got some new parts. I wasn't left behind.

I like Traxxas, and I really like the E-revo. People have been asking for it, and Traxxas finally came out with it.
I know and i am still going to buy the e-revo, but it would be nice if they updated there motors or pur brushless in there. I would not mind spending the extra money to have a brushless system in there but i understand that they have to appeal to a broad market. At least it has a heavy duty tranny in there so i can just drop a brushless motor and ESC in there.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Always Dreamin

I don't mind brushed motors. They are cheap, the Titans usually last a while, and they are waterproof. The only thing is, that they can make brushless look bad. I know this will happen to someone out there...

Ok, a heavy nitro runner decides that he's done with nitro. He sees the E-revo and says look theres a perfect substitute for my loud Revo 3.3. He gets it home, buys everything. Then he runs it, and it's slow. Then he forms the opinion that electric is slow.

We need all the companies to team up. Get a good truck right out of the box. A MMM, E-maxx, A 1/8 scale electric. I'm just blabbing now, but thats what I don't like. People just buy it and then decide that electric is slow.

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for some brushless motors.....

Anyways, I do like the new E-revo. I think it will sure out sell the E-maxx.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
blitzskiff

I don't mind brushed motors. They are cheap, the Titans usually last a while, and they are waterproof. The only thing is, that they can make brushless look bad. I know this will happen to someone out there...

Ok, a heavy nitro runner decides that he's done with nitro. He sees the E-revo and says look theres a perfect substitute for my loud Revo 3.3. He gets it home, buys everything. Then he runs it, and it's slow. Then he forms the opinion that electric is slow.

We need all the companies to team up. Get a good truck right out of the box. A MMM, E-maxx, A 1/8 scale electric. I'm just blabbing now, but thats what I don't like. People just buy it and then decide that electric is slow.

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for some brushless motors.....

Anyways, I do like the new E-revo. I think it will sure out sell the E-maxx.
i agree with you, at least i while not have to re-work the tranny to handle a bigger motor
Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Always Dreamin

That was a smart move by Traxxas.

Another problem with brushless motors is that they are not waterproof. Thats a very nice feature on the E-maxx/E-revo. I also heard there was problems with the twin vxl's. Suposidly they were fighting each other.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
blitzskiff

Another problem with brushless motors is that they are not waterproof. Thats a very nice feature on the E-maxx/E-revo. I also heard there was problems with the twin vxl's. Suposidly they were fighting each other.
I never did think about that
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Yeah It's nice but I too would have liked to see an aluminum chassis.
They are having a carbon fiber chassis and aluminum chassis as add-ons, to make the E-revo more affordable.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Always Dreamin

I never did think about that
In addition, by the time that you add two vxl systems, your looking at somewhere near what, $600? Traxxas in my eyes is a simple company. They have a nice, recently updated selection of cars, most of the parts on one car can be found on another. There cars are cheap, durable, and there CS is great. They don't seem like the company that would start making $600 cars. Although, it would be great if they did.

To be perfectly honest, I think that it's perfect. Not many people would chose two vxl systems in their car. I mean, sorry Traxxas, but really. If that was me, I would rather have a HV maxx or a MMM. Not two vxl's.

The car is brushless ready, and people will upgrade it as they please. Not to say that in stock form, it's not a great car.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:44 PM
blitzskiff

again you have brought out points that i would have never thought of, i think traxxas there relying on people to buy vxl's for there rustlers or out of loyalty because there are better brushless systems out there for the money.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:01 PM
mycarisaser

Electric motors are waterproof by design. Mine have been wet many times but unlike an open bellend brushed motor the water has no were to go in a sealed brushless. So if you dont drain it out after you are done and spray it out with "wd40" to get all the water out things inside start to corrode. thats when there starts to be issues when corrotion gets flung around in it. Maintance is the key
Old 04-27-2008, 11:55 PM
socal450

Im deffinitely going to get a E-REVO,im running Mamba brushless in my Rustler and love it.I dont know too much about electric cars so when i do buy the E-ROVO what aftermarket BRUSHED motors are the best and most powerful,to use until i see what the brushless community does with this thing(and until my bank account allows)....Does anyone know the top speed of the e-maxx,im sure the E-REVO will be slightly higher!!!! I CANNOT STAND WAIGHTING[&o]
Old 04-28-2008, 05:41 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: socal450

Im deffinitely going to get a E-REVO,im running Mamba brushless in my Rustler and love it.I dont know too much about electric cars so when i do buy the E-ROVO what aftermarket BRUSHED motors are the best and most powerful,to use until i see what the brushless community does with this thing(and until my bank account allows)....Does anyone know the top speed of the e-maxx,im sure the E-REVO will be slightly higher!!!! I CANNOT STAND WAIGHTING[&o]
I've heard that it'll do slightly over 30mph stock.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:43 AM
happywing

The E-Revo is brushless ready and that's what counts. If they had installed a brushless system, it would have been the wrong brushless system in the opinions of many. There would have been more complaints about having to pay for a BL system that you don't like. They surely would have put the HV-Maxx in there if they wanted to go with an RTR brushless. You would then have a mountain of complaints from people who want to run their Mamba Monster or the new Tekin HV controller or whatever is preferred. A roller would have been better, but Traxxas doesn't do rollers.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: socal450

you might want to check out the new Mamba Monster Max esc (not released yet) and Neu motors that Castle Creations has for sale.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM
ozium

The only brushless Traxxas has now is the 3500kv VXL which is too small to run a Maxx or a Revo. I would like to see Traxxas sell the E-Revo as a rolling chassis so you could put whatever you want in it. I've already got two Titans and a EVX2 sitting around doing nothing when I upgraded my Maxx, I don't need another pair.

Supposedly the MMM ESC starts production on May 12. Might be out just in time for the release of the E-Revo and my tax incentive check.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
speed959

just like socal450 i also want to know what are the best brushed motors, instead of getting brushless i'll just get new brushed motors
Old 05-03-2008, 01:32 AM
pilsner6981

i wonder if it will fit a 7cell S X S ? How big are those batt bays?

Lipo would be nice but at $459.00 who can afford one with mmm brushless and lipo?
another project. i love this hobby
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 AM
savtraxx

if they were going to make a much anticipated e revo they should of dont it wellmincluding carbon or alloy chassis[:'(]
Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 AM
socal450

My question earlier in this post was,does anyone make a BRUSHED motor that would be a nice upgrade from the Titan??
Old 05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: savtraxx

if they were going to make a much anticipated e revo they should of dont it wellmincluding carbon or alloy chassis[:'(]

this is a typical response

you can tell a chassis is good if it doesn't break

if it doesn't break, it doesn't matter what it's made of, it's a good chassis

there is far too much thinking, "it's aluminum, it must be amazing", or " oooh carbon fiber" when plastic does a better job for less $$$$

how about we focus on performance over "bling"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.