Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Evader.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:25 AM
nmjim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Evader.

When I get home today this will be on my doorstep:

I've got a basic track setup in my back yard and have been timing laps with a buddy of mines Lunchbox. Fun times!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59690.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1193201  
Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
MTboy

Default RE: New Evader.

Glad to hear and welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your new truck and think you should read threw the evader thread. Some great info in there and lots of people to help with questions. Let us know what you think of it once you run it a few times..
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a sharp-looking stadium truck, and as far as lap times, you will have your friend's Lunch Box for lunch, hehehe. (assuming equal driving skill)

There has been a lot of Evader-bashing lately, so I'm curious to see what a new owner with an open mind thinks about it.

Some say it is durable, others say it breaks all the time. Some say it is "durable for any reasonable crash" or something like that. I'm sure you'll find out if you get overzealous on that jump, hehehe.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money you cant go wrong...Or do anybetter for that matter.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
nmjim

Thanks, I'll let everyone know what I think after a few good runs. It was a tough choice with all the options
out there. But Duramax is offering a rebate of 30$ for store credit so that was a factor too.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
bschanz

having never owned one, i cannot say much, but seeing some in the novice class at my local track, they are pretty solid from what I hear and see. I have seen a couple come apart but nothing that a different truck would not have happen given the same crash. Welcome to the forums and do yourself a favor and get a TON of batteries. you will need them once you start running that thing. enjoy