Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What is a good battery charger to get on the cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
cool-joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is a good battery charger to get on the cheap?

ORIGINAL: Bigbangtheory

Think Redfish is right on par. Sound like a 100% *****.

As in any forum though, you run into them as I did ask questions and you are right I am new to RC'ing, but not like I haven't had my fair share of it. I had a Hornet in the late 80's and just didn't get into it back then.

Since you seem to be the know it all guru and have money coming out your arse, then what would you get?

Some people are so full of themselves, but at least you seem to know that. I have yet to see a post from you in other threads trying not to be an arse. You may be honest in your eyes, but you know you could come at it a little bit better. Just sayin'.
Do you want me to pat your head and tell you "everything will be oka, pookie" or did you want an adult answer?
You must really struggle in the workplace. LOL

But frankly, people that come off sounding like a smart-alec or pompous - or that think they can get away with name-calling like a 12-year-old - aren't worthy of me spending the time or energy to help.
You can listen to the children here, and that's fine.

Good luck with your endeavors............just don't come back later complaining and say nobody didn't tell you so.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Littl3TuffGuy13

I've heard a lot of great things about the Accucel 6, I'd go for it.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Bigbangtheory

ORIGINAL: cool-joe

As in any forum though, you run into them as I did ask questions and you are right I am new to RC'ing, but not like I haven't had my fair share of it. I had a Hornet in the late 80's and just didn't get into it back then.

Since you seem to be the know it all guru and have money coming out your arse, then what would you get?

Some people are so full of themselves, but at least you seem to know that. I have yet to see a post from you in other threads trying not to be an arse. You may be honest in your eyes, but you know you could come at it a little bit better. Just sayin'.
Do you want me to pat your head and tell you "everything will be oka, pookie" or did you want an adult answer?

But frankly, people that come off sounding like a smart-alec or pompous - or that think they can get away with name-calling like a 12-year-old - aren't worthy of me spending the time or energy to help.

Good luck with your endeavors............just don't come back later complaining and say nobody didn't tell you so.

Struggle at the workplace? Now you know me just like the cheap battery chargers and you get what you pay for, lawl!

You sound like an old bitter man that isn't very happy with himself..........

So basically you are saying, all those chargers are not worth the money, correct?Even though I read a good 100 reviews on the one and not one bad thing was said about it............and some have been in RC'ing for quite sometime. Only reason I am debating it is due to the location.

Also if people come off sounding like a smart-alec or pompous, then how can you stand your own self? Hey pot meet kettle, lol!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Bigbangtheory

ORIGINAL: Littl3TuffGuy13

I've heard a lot of great things about the Accucel 6, I'd go for it.
Thinking about it, just not sure on the location as if the one guy said it comes from Hong Kong......if I read that right. Not sure how I feel about that.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:25 PM
cool-joe

Struggle at the workplace? Now you know me just like the cheap battery chargers and you get what you pay for, lawl!

You sound like an old bitter man that isn't very happy with himself..........

So basically you are saying, all those chargers are not worth the money, correct?Even though I read a good 100 reviews on the one and not one bad thing was said about it............and some have been in RC'ing for quite sometime. Only reason I am debating it is due to the location.

Also if people come off sounding like a smart-alec or pompous, then how can you stand your own self? Hey pot meet kettle, lol!

Well, I was resisting the urge to use the words "childish" and "immature" -but, what-ever.........I myself am very happy.

Funny, how they've done surveys the last dozen years and the same more expensive charger was voted as the "Reader's Choice" for the last four years running - and not one of the cheapo models even made the Top-10,,,,,,,,,, ROFL

All I was saying, and I'll put it in caps so you can make sure and get the point this time, was YOUGETWHATYOUPAYFOR.
And personally, I don't care what you get - you were the one asking rookie questions, got rookie answers I guess you were happy with, and I'll make sure and not offer you any adult advice again in the future since you can't handle it. It's OK. I just don't understand why guys like you ask for opinions, and then aren't happy with the responses.

Again - Good luck with your endeavors............just don't come back later complaining and say nobody didn't tell you so.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Bigbangtheory

Dude, you have serious issues. If in everythread you are being accused for coming off as an *******, then you are not helping people, but rather being rude, brash and plain ignorant.

If you would come off helping like the masses do on here in a different manner, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Matter of fact I was wondering where all the trollz were on this site and then "bam!" there you were, lol!

Maybe you are right, you get what you pay for, but in my experience I have had good luck with some cheaper stuff, which means I saved some coin. Nothing wrong with that right? I am sure there is in your eyes.

You would think you would get a clue when everyone in their mother is telling you how it is and how you are. So take a hint pal.

Then again you type of people are everywhere, so I guess do what you will and I just will use the option of the ignore when it deems neccessary. For now it is funny seeing how people like you act on a public forum.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't buy into all this stuff about it not being possible for a charger to be both good AND cheap. It IS possible, as long as you don't need a ton of features. If you just need the ability to fast charge 6-7 cell NiMh or NiCd packs, any of those I mentioned above will work fine.

I even have a cheaper one that that, and it works great.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
supersparky
My Feedback: (21)

Back to the topic at hand.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html ac 6 charger $55.00
I got this charger this past spring liked it so much I bought 3 more of them black friday (on sale 40.00 each) plus no matter how much you buy 4.95 shipping.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html b6ac charger
This one might be better if you do a lot of lipos as it has the balance port built in insted of pig tails.
Both of these have plugs for 110 and 12v as well as a nice assortment of the bulk of the plugs you will need to charge diffrent things.
Weather $55 dollers is cheap of not depends on your buget but it's about the lowest priced 110/12v mulit use charger i've come along, oh and it is a GOOD CHARGER, same programing menu as all the rest of the 4 butten china made chargers.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I would try to get a charger that is lipo compatible, otherwise a year from now you'll be in my shoes, with a decent charger that can't charge the batteries you really want to buy. [:@]

my lipo battery charger wishlist includes the accucel 6 and the onyx 230, I just can't seem to pull the trigger on either due to the perfectly good nimh charger I have now.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM
cool-joe

I've got issue?Check the mirror, junior.

Again-if you don't want opinions,or can't handle them,don't ask for them.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Bigbangtheory

Thanks guys!

I am really liking that Thunder AC6 that supersparky posted. Does Lipo and everything. For 55 smacks it don't sound to bad.

Just watced the youtube video and seems like it would suffice.

What you guys think? If not this, probably the Onyx210 as it is in my price range, but don't do lipo.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Bigbangtheory

I've got issue?Check the mirror, junior.

Again-if you don't want opinions,or can't handle them,don't ask for them.
Yes I along with everyone else will take your opinion and move on.....you are a broken record in each thread you post in.

I feel bad for you....I really do.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

spend some real money and get a good charger and save yourself a big headache later on ... with a cheap charger ya get a second rate charge, my buddies try to get off on the cheap and just ended up buying a good charger in the end, one of the best chargers i have used is a elecrtifly triton eq .... it does a great job on all types of cells and it ac/dc too. since we started using the triton eq, the gfx35 get to stay home.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVRS6&P=0
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 PM
cool-joe

LOL, you're the one with rugrats still in the house. LOL

Good luck, you're going to need it.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
cool-joe

Nice try - but you're wasting your breath, as he's the type that enjoys those later headaches.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: kistner

I would try to get a charger that is lipo compatible, otherwise a year from now you'll be in my shoes, with a decent charger that can't charge the batteries you really want to buy. [:@]

my lipo battery charger wishlist includes the accucel 6 and the onyx 230, I just can't seem to pull the trigger on either due to the perfectly good nimh charger I have now.
kistner why not just sell that charger to a guy like the original poster here, who is looking for a good charger at a good price. You'll get rid of your more limited charger, and he'll get a good deal.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 PM
kistner

i know, that is what will happen eventually. And it is not just the charger, its the batteries too, I've got $100 worth of batteries that will be obsolete to me once I buy some lipo ones, which is also another $100. what it comes to for me is about $150 for new batts and a charger and maybe I sell my current charger for $25. unfortunately there weren't great $25 lipos when i bought my current nmhs or I definitely would have done it that way the first time. What makes it worse is that my current batteries and charger work fine, I just WANT better ones, I REALLY WANT them, lol.

to really top it all off, I make my living in real estate and that is not exactly lucrative as of late so all the extras have to wait for now.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Bigbangtheory

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

spend some real money and get a good charger and save yourself a big headache later on ... with a cheap charger ya get a second rate charge, my buddies try to get off on the cheap and just ended up buying a good charger in the end, one of the best chargers i have used is a elecrtifly triton eq .... it does a great job on all types of cells and it ac/dc too. since we started using the triton eq, the gfx35 get to stay home.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVRS6&P=0
So the ones posted do a 2nd rate charge?I am not even sure what that means.

What is the huge difference in that than some of the others that have been posted?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Bigbangtheory

LOL, you're the one with rugrats still in the house. LOL

Good luck, you're going to need it.
*** does that have anything to do with bro?

I love my kids with all my heart. Man you must really be that bad off to try and dig that low.

I wouldn't have it any other way old timer.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Bigbangtheory

i know, that is what will happen eventually. And it is not just the charger, its the batteries too, I've got $100 worth of batteries that will be obsolete to me once I buy some lipo ones, which is also another $100. what it comes to for me is about $150 for new batts and a charger and maybe I sell my current charger for $25. unfortunately there weren't great $25 lipos when i bought my current nmhs or I definitely would have done it that way the first time. What makes it worse is that my current batteries and charger work fine, I just WANT better ones, I REALLY WANT them, lol.

to really top it all off, I make my living in real estate and that is not exactly lucrative as of late so all the extras have to wait for now.
Humm, want to make me a package deal on the charger and some of your batteries? You have been nothing but a ton of help so far.

Let me know, you seem like a good dude and maybe we could work something out. Just not sure what kind of prices you would have. I really shouldn't go over 100 smacks.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 PM
cool-joe

I love my kids with all my heart. Man you must really be that bad off to try and dig that low.

Because you're the one whining about being broke and on a budget because you have kids and using it as an excuse.

You were the one that started with the lowball shots, so don't start whining now.

Since when is 40 old.... or is that you're just a teenager?
(at least would explain your lack of listening ability)
Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM
kistner

package deal on the charger and some of your batteries
its tempting. Its been a few months since I visited the Horseshoe bar in Warren - shouldn't be too far from you so no shipping necessary. but my batteries are tenergy and although I have not had any trouble with them, no one really wants them either
Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Bigbangtheory

Because you're the one whining about being broke and on a budget because you have kids and using it as an excuse.

You were the one that started with the lowball shots, so don't start whining now.

I am far from broke, but I still budget accordingly, nothing wrong with that. I look years down the road, not just now or next paycheck.

But will say 4 kids it does add up quick.....very quick. Not to mention they are more important than this or anything else for that matter.

I take it you never had kids? If so, I feel their pain.

40 isn't old........you act like you are an old bitter man. Try to lighten up and take it easy homeslice!

Must be a stressed out ****!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Bigbangtheory

Humm, not much of a drinker, but I am right down the road from Warren. Must recognize Cortland?

Could you post some pic's of the charger and batteries? PM them to me if you want. We may be able to work something out.

Are those batteries no good or something? I just want something that will work well for a decent time.

package deal on the charger and some of your batteries
its tempting. Its been a few months since I visited the Horseshoe bar in Warren - shouldn't be too far from you so no shipping necessary. but my batteries are tenergy and although I have not had any trouble with them, no one really wants them either
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 PM
cool-joe

I am far from broke, but I still budget accordingly, nothing wrong with that. I look years down the road, not just now or next paycheck.

But will say 4 kids it does add up quick.....very quick. Not to mention they are more important than this or anything else for that matter.

I take it you never had kids? If so, I feel their pain.

40 isn't old........you act like you are an old bitter man. Try to lighten up and take it easy homeslice!

Must be a stressed out ****!
You were the one whining, and using it as an excuse.

We have three kids, youngest one just finishing college (daddy paid cash for all of their tuition).

You act like some kind of obstinant child, or a teenager that you can see their eyes fog over the minute anyone says something they don't like.

Life's grand - according to the accountant, I'll be able to retire by 50.

At the rate you're going, you won't make 40.The stress will do you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.