Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

The 1717 CAN take 8S, it was originally developed for big helis, that is not speculation.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
FNG RIDER

1/4 1/5 whatever. I'm not in to big scale. However they are not slow. Ive seen them stock and moded. even at 20 mph if can take you out. IF you have been following the thread, replacing the radio system with you own has been mentioned several times.

If lf you don't like the car just dont buy it! stop whinning!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: steed2

i hope the sales on this product fail completely, all due to the whole requiring and ipod or iphone to reach the vehicles capability. what the hell is wrong with traxxas. they severly need to remember they are in the rc hobby.
Do you really think that a guy willing to spend $1100 on an RC car is going to worry about an iPhone?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Why is everybody whining about this thing being dangerous? Nothing fun is inherently safe. A 6 year old with a brushed Stampede can cause an injury. Big flippin' deal.

Half of the people talking about how dangerous this thing is have no problem bashing with a 15 lb monster truck and putting it 10 feet in the air...and this car is more dangerous how? Where, exactly, are you going to rail somebody's foot doing 100 mph? Where?

As a Traxxas hater, a lot of you guys are giving Traxxas haters a bad name. If anybody else built this exact car, you'd be ecstatic and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but nope...

Most of you that are blasting this car have no clue why you don't even like it, apart from it being a Traxxas car. Big deal...Traxxas built it. This is not the end of the world. If you're going to do the trendy Traxxas-bashing, why don't you come up with a coherent reason to dislike it?

It uses Slash 4x4 arms. Big deal. The Kyosho Inferno GT uses MP7.5 arms. Oh, hey, lookit that...the 7.5 is a DECADE OLD. The Slash 4x4 is barely 2 years old...
It uses Slash 4x4 drivetrain parts. You're partially right...but it also uses Revo drivetrain parts, and Revos have stout drivetrains. It's an on-road car, it's not like you're going to be landing double-backflips wide-open with it, the drivetrain will be fine.
It uses underbody aero. OH NO, this is the end of the world! Why on EARTH would you NOT be OK with that? It's a giant leap forward for RC.

Know what the difference between the guys bashing this car is, and the guys at Traxxas?

The guys at Traxxas have built a 100 mph car, and the guys bashing this car haven't[&:]
I could not agree with you more. You are absolutely correct. My RC10GT fractured my ankle when I had it. Ever since then I try to be more careful especially since my current stadium truck goes alot faster. My ummm, errrr, (I hope it's safe to say here), Traxxas Jato is crazy fast. Our has been modified for speed and hardly anything is stock on it but it's also dangerous. How 6 or 7yr old riding on small dirty bikes and quads, but hey no one really has an issue with that even though it is dangerous. How about these crazy teens on skate boards. I have seen some pretty serious injuries from that. Hell when I was 14 I was all into doing tricks on my bike. Had a Diamond Back frame GT mags ect, ect. On a half pipe ended up breaking my collar bone, but hey that didn't stop me our my friends. Every thing has an element of danger when out comes to hobbies.

On the price. I don't really think it's that bad. You got 1/5 scale going from 1000 to well over 2000 dollars depending on the manufacturer. Like FG trucks for example. Once they get these vehicles alot of owners start looking to modify thus spending more money. Going back to my Jato. I have close to 800 bucks in that thing including the cost of the original vehicle.

Safety issue. Hmmmm. Let me see. I have seen preteen kids on dirty bikes and quads in my neighborhood but that's not as dangerous I guess. (sarcasm). I have seen young kids on modified Go Peds. I have seen them in Go Carts. C'mon these things are dangerous as well. I have seen broken arms from skate boards, hell I broke my collar bone when I was 14 doing tricks on my bike on a half pipe. Now lets look at the grown folks hobbies. Something as simple a fishing can get a hook caught on somebody or yourself. Can catch the fish from hell and take off a finger, our an eye. How about off roading, sky diving, jet skiing, drag racing, scuba diving, you get what I'm trying to say. Every hobby we get into has an element of danger and pretentiously serious injury or worse.lets not forget 80mph Baja 5b's. Ok enough.

The iPhone thing. Meh. But I have seen threads about purple asking fire some sort of app to do telemetry and what not. Do I like? No not really but I do think it is a sign of thing to come.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:52 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

The 1717 CAN take 8S, it was originally developed for big helis, that is not speculation.
they made two versions..
the first was for air use CC1717 1500kv
and one for Monster Trucks CC1717 1580kv, very much like what is in this new traxxas car..
I own 2 air motors and I think 3 or 4 car motors..
I am wanting to do a big twin brushless boat, like 50"+
Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Tjettzky

ORIGINAL: supafastsupra2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4WkkoNjNJA&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Most of the points JANG touched upon in this vid are spot on. I for one think it is the single most innovative R/C Traxxas has released to date, including the TQ-i Tx.

The one point I have to disagree with is his aversion to the inclusion of an app-based interface for the iOS devices. I've been talking about this kind of integration being the next step with regard to R/C radio innovation. I currently use a 3pks which I've had for years now, but simply have no reason to upgrade to the 4pks/M11x/EX10 Eurus/Etc. iPhone or Android or what have you integration would be a HUGE selling point for me as I'm sure it would be for many others in a HIGH END radio system. Obviously this TQi is Traxxas' attempt in the midrange radio market at ~$200 for the set alone, but quite frankly the radio has never been Traxxas' strong suit by any means. Regardless, smartphone/ music player integration is the next big thing IMO.

Also, that MMM/1717 with the stock gearing must make for one hell of a parking lot basher. That 1717 can handle 8s lipo without issue. The fact that this car can do 100 with that motor on a mere 6s is phenomenal, and leaves room open for either higher KV motor or even HV setups if one were so inclined.
Jang can't see me, but I'm standing and applauding him for that video.

Also, I think that is one fine looking car.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Miami Jato

LOL, your right, let's see..
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
rubber_junkie

well done TRAXXAS upping the game to rest of RC factorys, love the concept won't mind test session @ track against 1/8 on roads ie mugens,serpent,xray,shepard etc think i'll be buying a iphone now instead of a htc
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
On2_n_On4

ORIGINAL: cumquat
anyway, with something that big and slow, you have ample time to get out of the way
sure, get hit by a 25/30lbs baja with the STOCK brakes @ 45+mph, and I will tell u a sweet bed time story

@ThunderbirdJunkie
AMEN M8T
Old 12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
srt10

I can't wait to see this one get slapped by a true racer!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
FNG RIDER

if a true racer was driving the XO then who would be doing slapping?  just saying
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER

if a true racer was driving the XO then who would be doing slapping? just saying
uh lets see, a true racer would go with a true race car
not a fan boy speed racer wanabee...
HELLO? [:-]
Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 PM
FNG RIDER

ORIGINAL: srt10

if a true racer was driving the XO then who would be doing slapping? just saying
hello!! like the Traxxas team drivers? I'm sure the have plenty of those guys. If I recall several years ago the team driver from traxxas took on most the field of highly modded factory monster trucks and beat them with a fairly stock Revo.
once locallyI watched Dave Jun Factory Team Pilot for Tamiya drive a mo1 mini with a Fiat abarth body, take n a field of stock class touring cars and win. Its the driver 80% and the car 10%. You see it in profesional racing. In Nascar, Jimmy Johnson is faster than Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. all with basically the same team car. its the driver then who cheats the best.

and like i told the other fella, if you don't like the car you don't have to buy it. get over it.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: srt10

hello!! like the Traxxas team drivers?
LOL!!
that's even more funny and perfect!!!
they don't have an onroad team
they would get slapped and stomped for sure... [:-]
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The nitro 4-tec did fairly well at the 2000? fuel on road nats.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 AM
FNG RIDER

[/quote]

LOL!!
that's even more funny and perfect!!!
they don't have an onroad team
they would get slapped and stomped for sure... [:-]
[/quote]
Your right Ha ha ha and your very funny.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
srt10

The nitro 4-tec did fairly well at the 2000? fuel on road nats.
psst.. this is 2011 going on 2012
fairly well gets a slap
Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 AM
srt10

I sure hope the fan boys are not going off topic and trying to pick on members and getting way off the OP! [:-]
Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 AM
srt10

Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Wow, you guys are still debating about this car? If you want to buy it then go ahead if not then dont.

Personally I think this is a beautiful car, would I buy it, no and its not because of price or the "Idockfoolishness",I have no place to run this nor do I have the time to travel to a place to run it. Driving this on NYC streets would be a recipe for disaster, thats why my 4Tec has only 2 runs after 6 yrs of owning it

But if I had a place and time to run it, I would be all over this......
Old 12-06-2011, 04:49 AM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

[/quote]
hello!! like the Traxxas team drivers? I'm sure the have plenty of those guys. If I recall several years ago the team driver from traxxas took on most the field of highly modded factory monster trucks and beat them with a fairly stock Revo.
once locally I watched Dave Jun Factory Team Pilot for Tamiya drive a mo1 mini with a Fiat abarth body, take n a field of stock class touring cars and win. Its the driver 80% and the car 10%. You see it in profesional racing. In Nascar, Jimmy Johnson is faster than Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. all with basically the same team car. its the driver then who cheats the best.

and like i told the other fella, if you don't like the car you don't have to buy it. get over it.

[/quote]

Ok lets get one thing right your 80% driver and 10% car does not equal 100%. and pls keep in mind that tunning plays a huge role aswell. As you compaired nascar and jimmy Johnson, dont forget that his crew chief chad sets that car up perfectly for him. you notice this when any driver is "stuck" in the back of the pack and cant progress up to the front, but after a few minor changes the drive ends up leading the race. so as it might be 70% driver and 30% car/setup.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:43 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep this thread clean and argument free or I'll lock it.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
srt10

if this was a Losi or Associated I would buy it for sure
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems useless unless you own a perfectly maintained runway. Even the 4 Tec was disaster on most city streets.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 AM
quietnas1

You know in this particular thread I haven't seen the die hard Traxxas fanboy. What I have seen are some die hard haters. Why? I own a Traxxas and quite honestly it's a good truck. Also have an HPI Savage which is a beast. But honestly why the haterism? I just don't understand. I have read because the Traxxas fans think it is the best and you can't disagree with them or they will have a fit. Honestly I haven't seen this here. Maybe other forums but I haven't seen it in this particular thread.

To srt10. If it were a Losi or Associated you would get one? Why? All the previous arguments still stand. No where to run it, stupid iDock, so on and so on. It's out just cuz of the brand and nothing else? I don't get it.

All these arguments are crazy. Lets just like what we like. I don't like electric but this thing is really starting to peak my interest. We have plenty of places down here to run that thing.

Anyways just wondering why so much hate towards Traxxas. I've even seen references to the rich parents buying their bratty rich kids one to end up killing somebody. Lmao really. C'mon guys. The 1/5 scale cars are all over a grand and the guys around me that have then are far from being rich or bratty. We have all worked hard and saved up for what we like. Hell my LHS even has lay away. I have a saying ā€¯ on lay away you can afford anythingā€¯. And hell if some rich guy gets one for his kid, so what more power to him.

I bought my Jato, my 1st Traxxas rc 13yrs after I got into the hobby. I'm a basher. I raced only for about a yr and didn't really like it. Is my Jato stock more durable than my RC10GT was? I think so. For a stadium truck it can take a beating and keep going. Now is a T-Maxx more durable than my stock Savage? Hell no. HPI all day everyday with that one. Point I'm trying to make is every RC company has it's good and bad. But this hating on Traxxas is getting old and the arguments really make no sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.