Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:40 AM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS

Does any one know where i can get FMS flight sim? It is free right i just have to buy the cord? Also what else do i need for it?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:43 AM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: FMS

FMS homepage,

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

I got the PIC Serial interface for $15 from ebay, I see some places selling for $35 don't [ay to much.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:42 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

www.spadtothebone.com had it has a link at one time, im not sure if they still do. Dont get too discourage with the sim b/c its not very good but for free you cant really argue.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:02 PM
cabman

I'm not sure what you want to do? If you just want to fly the PC simulator all you need is the FMS Program, cable and a compatible radio.[link]http://www.mattclement.freeservers.com/fms/fms1.html[/link] However, if you want to use the FMS simulator as a training aid to launch your REAL RC flying experience then keep a couple things in mind. Unless you have deep pockets, don't just buy a "radio" and a cable. Find a friend or someone with RC experience to enlighten you to the hobby. ALL R/C clubs and airfields will bend over backwards to help you learn to fly and give advice. All of them love to answer your questions. Remember, WE were all beginners once!

There are many types of FMS aircraft and scenery available on the internet also if you are looking for a specific plane and/or place to fly. Hitec and Futaba are the most common radios used for this simulator but most will work.

My learning experience came directly from lots of time on FMS and a SlowStick. I live a long way from any help from hobby shops or R/C clubs and had to learn by myself. However, without a doubt, clubs and instructors are the BEST place to learn and it's more fun!!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:34 AM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

The FMS is not very realistic. You will get the general idea and will work out up down left and right but thats about it. There are a lot better sims out there which will grow with you as you learn. Once you can take off, land, roll, loop then you have outgrown the FMS. BUT, its free. I have it just for that reason but I NEVER fly on it anymore. If you really want a good sim Realflight, and Ikarus are good sims. I would say Dave Brown sim is good but I am boycotting him b/c of his Anti 3D rule