Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

afp on windows xp

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 07:22 PM
raptorheli2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afp on windows xp

i have had afp now a few weeks and all is good untill i try it on my laptop. for some reason it won't recognise the interface. well the sign comes up searching interface and that disapears like it has found it. but in the calibrate option the red lines do nothing. i read somewhere a few weeks ago on how to fix this. it has something to do with xp having built in security on the com port and won't allow software to change it like the older windows used to do.

anybody have any idea on how to get the laptop to see the radio????

cheers
Old 12-26-2003, 01:52 PM
ts

Default RE: afp on windows xp

You have already figured out your problem.
XP handles the ports differently so your software cannot see the interface. Some manufacturers are writing patches for this problem so I would recomend contacting AFP. Hopefully other members of the forum can be of more help.
Good luck.
ts
Old 01-02-2004, 04:18 PM
snakeeater

I too am having the same problem,

Running AFP on XP same issue, in calibration mode red bars do nothing.
- Tx. JR MAX 4
-INSPIRON 8200
-Win XP
-P4 2.0GHz.
-768Meg RAM
-Mobility Radeon 9000
-Built in sound card

My serial port settings are set to default, What should they be set to?.
Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

SE
Old 01-02-2004, 06:11 PM
raptorheli2

i've had no luck with this mate, it is only a problem on laptops as far as i know. afp forum is useless. they want to know everything to make a diagnostic decision. i HATE HATE HATE HATE win xp. i have now installed xp pro and i'll try the sim tommorow to see if it helps.

i'll post here if pro helps.

cheers
Old 01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using JR XF631 on XP without a single problem. Serial port settings are set to default. Just make sure your serial cable is plugged all the way into the back of your transmitter (no metal showing), and that your transmitter is switched "OFF".
Old 01-03-2004, 09:46 AM
raptorheli2

if only things where so easy, you are lucky if yours works. i can assure you it isn't as simple a problem to fix as making sure the plug is in right.

keep the ideas coming people, somebody must have solved this.

oh, win xp pro made no difference, i didn't think it would as i'm sure it's how the port is configured.

cheers
Old 01-03-2004, 12:26 PM
snakeeater

Good Day

Richard L. are you using a laptop?, Do you have the gamecommander setup through your game port?. When I plug in the trainer cord on my JR MAX 4 with the power switch off the red light comes on, I have tried both the stereo and Mono plugs.....with no luck.

Something does'nt seem right...Could someone please tell me how their serial port is configured? i.e.
-Baud Rate
-Stop Bit
-Parity
-Flow Control

raptorheli I too am working on this, what sort of problems are you running in to?, what is your hardware/software configuration.

Regards

SE
Old 01-03-2004, 12:43 PM
raptorheli2

i'm running it on 2 laptops, well i'm trying too anyway. it won't work on any of them but it does work fine on my xp p.c.
both laptops are running the nvidia mobile cards, one is the older version, this laptop is a athlon 1.2, 512mb etc. plentty of spec.

the other is a new advent 2.8p4. with the new nvidia mobile card onboard, i can't remeber the name of the thing. again plenty of spec.

i have tried everything i can think of, reconfiguring the port, different software etc. one thing i did notice though is if i plug the cord into the tx and go into the control menu where the red bars are they don't move, but if i watch the lines and unplug and plug the cord back into the tx then the bars do move up for a milli sec. so the sim is seeing the tx for a fraction of a sec when the cord is initially plugged in. still won't let me use it though.

sorry i can't be of more help, i'm going to dual boot with 2000 pro, that shold solve it i think.

cheers
Old 01-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Gary Retterbush

ORIGINAL: raptorheli

i've had no luck with this mate, it is only a problem on laptops as far as i know. afp forum is useless. they want to know everything to make a diagnostic decision.(CLIP)
cheers
They can't perform brain surgery from afar without knowing the problem. Usually all they want is the data file from AFP and your hardware. Seems reasonable to me. BTW, I am running AFP with expansion pack 1 under XP Pro with no problems. Have you installed the latest (1684) patch? Be sure to install AFP, then the expansion pack and finally the patch.

Good luck & Happy New Year.
Gary
Old 01-04-2004, 01:51 PM
raptorheli2

gary i've done all that stuff, i gave them files and spec etc, i gave them all the data they wanted, still nothing. i'm not looking for brain surgey. surely getting developers to make their programs run with xp machines is not the hardest thing in the world. i have seen loads of people with this complaint.

i've got the new patch, i've got the expansion pack, i've got xp home and pro, all the windows updates, latest drivers, everything but nothing works

i got a game commander, i'm going to try that with the sim. if this work i'll post up. if the sim works with it you can pick them up on ebay for virtually nothing.

cheers
Old 01-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Cody-RCU

If the interface window goes away and the sim runs, then it probably isn't a COM port issue, as AFP will not run unless it recognizes the interface. Maybe there's something wrong with the transmitter?
Old 01-04-2004, 02:27 PM
mars

XP pro is almost the same thing as the home version. Pro has advanced networking capabilty's. Thats about it.

Ever had a Palm device or Ipod plugged in that port?

When in doubt re-format! LoL

Do you have a second cord you can try?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:55 AM
raptorheli2

right to answer all these questions.

1 laptop is about 3 days into a fresh reformated xp pro o/s. (1.2 athlon) the com port works with ANYTHING else i plug into it.

other is xp home with all the updates. (2.8 pentium4) again, the com port works with ANYTHING else i plug into it.

the transmitter and afp works on my xp pro P.C. (1.2 atlon)

stuff it i give in, i'm defo going to dual boot with 2000.

cheers