Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

best OS for G2

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:28 AM
Mayur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best OS for G2

Hi,
Which is the best OS for G2?
Win 98
Win 2K pro
Win XP
Other
I currently have a Win 2K professional. Does the performance change with different operating systems?
thanks,
Mayur
Old 06-18-2002, 02:22 PM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Default best OS for G2

IMO, OS only matters for installation and driver conflicts. Once you get G2 up and running, the speed difference will be not noticible (at least, I can't see any FPS difference between W98 and XP). Video driver improvement is what makes the difference. Once nVidia comes out with a new, faster, drivers, it's immediately felt in G2.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:54 PM
bob4432

Default best OS for G2

i am running win2k pro and have no problems. i have used all the major m$ o/s (win95, 98, me, 2k pro and xp) and feel that 2k pro is the best in terms of stability and speed. sorry xp users -
Old 06-18-2002, 10:05 PM
BFedRec

Default best OS for G2

I've never used XP but I know when I had 2K pro on it was a fair amount slower with the same hardware, not on RC sims mind you cause I didn't have any at the time, but in general on games. That said, 2K is wonderfully stable compared to the other MS junk (if I can get the extra hard drive loaded in the family PC I'll be trying to get G2 running in Wine on Linux, cause it doesn't seem to like my P3-450 with no 3D card that I've got Linux on now when it comes to running higher end 3d Games at least)
Old 06-22-2002, 09:58 PM
helo36

Default XP & G2

Hi I have an AMD 1.4 GIG CPU, 512 megs Ram, Voodoo 5 5500(64meg ram), 60 gig HDD. I am running Windows XP at the present time. WOW what a difference, I had this setup in Windows 98, but now in XP w/3rd party drivers for the Voodoo 5, I can turn everything on (Graphics) and come close to the ground and it doesn't even hesitate on the graphics. XP has made a big difference in the performance. I purchased the new USB controller and the program is much snapier w/control.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:39 PM
Cougar-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default best OS for G2

Yeppers. Works Awsome with my XP pro , my 2 cents worth!