Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Vista

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:12 AM
pagdpm6999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vista

Has anyone used RealFlight 3.5 with Vista operating system? If so, are there any issues to get it to work properly?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
CanCanCase

Default RE: Vista

ORIGINAL: pagdpm6999

Has anyone used RealFlight 3.5 with Vista operating system? If so, are there any issues to get it to work properly?
Several folks have had success, but I've also read of several miserable failures. I know Knife Edge has pledged to look into Vista compatibility, but MicroSoft was especially stingy with their advance SDK's for Vista, and KE didn't have one... I'm sure now that the release is official KE will have a test system setup and begin working on it ASAP...

One issue I'm sure of is the performance hit you'll take... G3.5 runs at least 10 or 15% slower on Vista vs. running it on WinXP...

-Case
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
pagdpm6999

ORIGINAL: CanCanCase

ORIGINAL: pagdpm6999

Several folks have had success, but I've also read of several miserable failures. I know Knife Edge has pledged to look into Vista compatibility, but MicroSoft was especially stingy with their advance SDK's for Vista, and KE didn't have one... I'm sure now that the release is official KE will have a test system setup and begin working on it ASAP...

One issue I'm sure of is the performance hit you'll take... G3.5 runs at least 10 or 15% slower on Vista vs. running it on WinXP...

-Case
You would think that with 5 years in the making and $6 Billion spent it would work properly!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would think that with 5 years in the making and $6 Billion spent it would work properly!
If one programmer takes one day to do a job, plan on two programmers taking two days to do the job.

That is one of the known truisms in data processing management that is known to be true. And it works perfectly however many programmers you have to assign to the task.