Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:43 PM
junior driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Can't wait for your review
Old 11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Cainlord

Looking forward to your vids as well. This whole 1/5 scale thing has peeked my interest
Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

Well I drove both trucks today with stock pipes and it wasnt as bad as I assumed they moved pretty good. Which means pipes are going to make them beast! Only two complaints from me, one is they should have put a charge plug coming out of battery box. Reason being is you have to take the body off to remove battery and charge which isnt a huge deal but it would make more sense to just leave the body on. I also like to keep my batteries fully charged so it is more of a issue for me rather than others. Secondly steering servo is very powerful no doubt but man is it slow. Other than those two things I give the truck two thumbs up an A++++.

Handles great, wide stance is perfect for cornering....... under full power I started swerving back and forth and making hard turns on pavement and no flipping. Brakes are amazing they lock up if you set them that high. Scale factor is huge.... When you turn the way it leans when you hit the gas the way it squats in the rear and front end comes up. When you hit the brakes great weight transfer as nose dives down.

I AM VERY HAPPY AND SUPER IMPRESSED. NO JUST WAITING ON THE PIPE!

If your on the fence and have owned a baja in the past. Jump off the fence and get one in my opinion it is five times the truck. You cant even compare them.... its just unfair to the 5b
Old 11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Did you get a top speed out of the stock set-up? I forgot to GPS mine stock.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

You cant even compare them.... its just unfair to the 5b
Of coarse comparing a 2 wheel drive to a 4 is like comparing apples with oranges.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
kyleandtavion

No but I will tomorrow..... I agree on 4wd to 2wd but that is definitely not the only factor
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

4WD and 2WD is a preference, depending on what your doing with the truck. I have owned 4WD trucks and unless your on a track... BORING. I like the out of control fun.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
kyleandtavion

I have the Pipe!!!!! Ok so bottom end power is awesome mid is great and it picked up a little on the top. From standing start and I am 600 feet above sea level, running 100 octane low lead aviation fuel.... (because it doesnt stink like gas) It will do a 4wd burnout on pavement. It will also do 4wd drive doughnuts on pavement. It would not do either before. I would estimate that the zero to top speed is done in about half the time with the pipe on the truck. For installation purposes remove side pod mount up pipe then measure and cut pod. I was in a huge hurry so I could run it and post and call jetpro so I really did a hack job on my pod. I didnt remove it like I should have. I am ordering a new pod and will do it right that time. Gotta go more running to do!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62379.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1693504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19867.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1693505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94964.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1693506  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:46 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Lets see a drag race against the stocker!!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
kyleandtavion

Videos will be coming soon. One thing which I wasnt sure of and if anybody else has the same thought is that battery it comes with kinda stinks. I cant make a half of a tank of gas with it? I am going to switch over to a 7.4 5300 lipo with a bec to regulate current or a regulator.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

If you aren;t getting 4-5 tanks then your battery false peaked when you charged it.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Videos will be coming soon. One thing which I wasnt sure of and if anybody else has the same thought is that battery it comes with kinda stinks. I cant make a half of a tank of gas with it? I am going to switch over to a 7.4 5300 lipo with a bec to regulate current or a regulator.
what's the Mah of the stock battery?
thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Looking forward to seeing a review when someone has 5 or 6 gallons on it. As far as the battery pack goes most times one has to be cycled a few times before it is up to full potential.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
junior driver

Looking forward to seeing more review
Old 11-30-2011, 08:18 PM
kyleandtavion

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

If you aren;t getting 4-5 tanks then your battery false peaked when you charged it.
Yah I'm not sure..... My telemetry says I have around 6 volts I'm pulling under 6 when I steer then it gets to the point where it doesn't want to steer at all. Other truck just gets real sluggish..... I'm going to discharge and charge tonight a few times and see what comes out and what goes back in
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
kochj

When it comes to exhausts...

Check prices of mufflers/ headers/exhausts for rc planes, and helli's...???
200$ for one is the norm...
Well actually 80$ for the SS header, and 220$(+) for one pipe/canister....

The price goes up exponentially when something is made out of Stainless Steel...
Shaped on a English wheel and then Tig'd... together!.... after being cut out from a
Thin sheet....
Not to mention, Stainless.... That will not be denting or corroding....

Also....The guy TIG-ing that pipe up has to BACK gas the weld, or he will end up with
Crystals on the inside of the pipe.....

That takes time and skill to do....

Besides all of prevy.... THe design may be different, or more importatly... the shape of the cones/chambers...

Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
srt10

who cares??
saving 120bucks for a pipe that puts down some HP is money well saved for tires that will be shredded!!

300bucks is way to much for a pipe on this truck IMO [:-]
Old 12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
kyleandtavion

Hmm discharged battery and pulled 2200mah out of pack that was acting like it is dead. Makes a guy wonder. Servo's fatigued? Do the servos pull more juice than receiver can supply? Maybe I will install a wiring system that supplys power directly to servos in a heavy duty y harness.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
srt10

Hmm discharged battery and pulled 2200mah out of pack that was acting like it is dead. Makes a guy wonder. Servo's fatigued? Do the servos pull more juice than receiver can supply? Maybe I will install a wiring system that supplys power directly to servos in a heavy duty y harness.
sounds like the battery may need a few cycles to come up to full power...
Old 12-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Whozenext

Hello,
I'm wondering how is the inside diameter of the blue coupling for the jetpro pipe?
Cool review, wait for the vids.
Cheers.
Whozenext.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 AM
kochj

ORIGINAL: srt10

who cares??
saving 120bucks for a pipe that puts down some HP is money well saved for tires that will be shredded!!

Do what you want.... Merely giving u-all some info about WHY something is priced the way it is...

If you want to save money for burning up tires: Why buy any pipe? How do you know the pipe does anything except piss off your kin?? yuk yuk... yuk...
If your want to shred tires:
Get a used on road car and do donuts in you driveway all day long!.....
Now that is fun for a..... Ahhh... forget it

By the way.... your posts repeat, repeat themselves... you already shared your opinion about what you should spend
On this truck...spend on this truck...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: kochj

ORIGINAL: srt10

who cares??

Do what you want.... Merely giving u-all some info about why something is priced the way it is...

If you want to save money for burning up tires: Why buy any pipe? How do you know the pipe does anything except piss off your kin?? yuk yuk... yuk...
If your want to shred tires:
Get a used on road car and do donuts in you driveway all day long!.....
Now that is fun for a..... Ahhh... forget it

By the way.... your posts repeat, repeat themselves... you already shared your opinion about what you should spend
On this truck...spend on this truck...
hey man, we are free to give opinions..
interesting how some just continue to hit on members in these threads because they don't share the same opinions [:-]
saving more that 100bucks for a different pipe that gives me the same rush is money well spent!!
and I will encourage others to do the same and save some cash to use towards more tires or whatever they what for this truck
no way the other pipe using different material is worth an extra $120-$130 more, just because of the metal IMO.....
and who said anything about shreding tires doing donuts all day... booring
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Cainlord

saw this on another thread, anyone else experience this:

My 5ive is currently stock and only run once BUT!! When on the throttle the steering pulls to the left but when off the throttle it steers straight!!

I remember a heated discussion about torque steer (as it was called in my TC days with the TC3 and other shaft driven touring cars).

As for the battery and servos, I read on that same forum about the servo potentially overheating? Once cooled down, the power appeared again?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Cainlord

saw this on another thread, anyone else experience this:

My 5ive is currently stock and only run once BUT!! When on the throttle the steering pulls to the left but when off the throttle it steers straight!!

I remember a heated discussion about torque steer (as it was called in my TC days with the TC3 and other shaft driven touring cars).

As for the battery and servos, I read on that same forum about the servo potentially overheating? Once cooled down, the power appeared again?
that does not sound good...?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is like listening to the same song over and over and over and over............ but funny at the same time.

everything in this hobby is expensive.
if you like to buy aftermarket parts for your rc....do the same you do before you buy your fav. car/truck.... SEARCH before you buy it., or leave it stock.

have you seen the price and size of a good pipe made for a smaller nitro engine??? what makes you think a pipe (6/7/8 times bigger) will be cheap?

like I said,
yes... rc cars and parts are not cheap, but if u think you cant deal with it u have only 2 choices,,,leave it stock or get out of the hobby before is too late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.