Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

2 stroke engine ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:42 PM
iceman0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OBR engine isn't in question BUT maybe I should try to start it. I had all bad experiences with them. That engine was last chance. I expected it to come as pictured and it didn't I had no clue what a sealed clutch housing. They all look sealed to me.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-...l#post11802095.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 PM
mooman007uk

Originally Posted by Nosedragger
Then he should send it back to obr for a refund coz its not gonna run right like it is.
as stated ALL my tuned obr's are like this including my twin fullmod and they have ALL run like raped apes for gallons then i rering them and they run for a bunch more gallons so it WILL run right, sorry nosedragger but you're misinformed and wrong saying it wont run right...if you've never owned one then you're in no position to make statements like that, OBR motors make big power at high revs and last...i don't baby my motors either and have never had an issue with them

and a long block is just that, nothing but cases and head...that's it...it also states at the bottom of the details box, in red ink, that the sealed clutch housing is not included

Last edited by mooman007uk; 06-17-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:39 PM
iceman0

As for the red writing. Above it states engine sent as pictured. My smartech engine I was replacing has the clutch housing built into the case and its sealed. I now have 2cy engines also and all housing look sealed to me.
R. I really should start this thing up to make sure it runs. From forgeting to ship the carb and saying its lost in the mail to I believe a head not machined correctly. I'm not ordering anything from them anymore.

Either way thanks for the help guys. I'll post up when I try to start the CY in question
Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Nosedragger

Originally Posted by mooman007uk
as stated ALL my tuned obr's are like this including my twin fullmod and they have ALL run like raped apes for gallons then i rering them and they run for a bunch more gallons so it WILL run right, sorry nosedragger but you're misinformed and wrong saying it wont run right...if you've never owned one then you're in no position to make statements like that, OBR motors make big power at high revs and last...i don't baby my motors either and have never had an issue with them

and a long block is just that, nothing but cases and head...that's it...it also states at the bottom of the details box, in red ink, that the sealed clutch housing is not included
Engine geometry basics. The engine is modified incorrectly.I wouldn't buy one based on what I've seen in this thread.On average modified engine last about 6 gallons before a major overhaul, not a simple rering.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 AM
mooman007uk

I give up! couple last comments
i forgot to say earlier, my bad, is that the ring is normal for the 2mm stroker crank, it sits 1mm lower than stock at bdc as the crank pin sits 1mm further away from the crank centre, it also sits 1mm higher at tdc and the hhead is machined to accomadate that, 1mm stroker would be .5mm higher and stock crank your'll barely see the ring. so as i said before it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Last edited by mooman007uk; 06-19-2014 at 11:10 AM.