Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Losi Desert Buggy XL

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 07:24 PM
xplayer930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Desert Buggy XL

Been a while since I been here. But have been doing a fair amount of research on the 23cc desert buggy xl....Rite off the bat I know it needs 29cc big bore, pipe and carb.

Went to LHS today asked them if they had the XL. Owner tells me he doesn’t carry gas anymore and that everything is electric now. Also stating that Losi makes sh*t cars and they break. An the XL is horrible all around, said the motor never runs......

Is this honestly true.....Or was he just trying to push whatever he has in store.....All he had was Traxxas for the most part and some
axial.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:32 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Losi makes some great cars. Just look at the competition circuits. The DBXL is a great gasser. I believe your can order one direct from Horizon Hobby, or Tower Hobbies. Go to davesmotors.com to find more options on that platform. Lots of guys rip these around, even with the stock setups.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...rtr-p-los05010

Last edited by Steve; 01-24-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:43 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's an upgraded version of the DBXL
RCMK XCR-1200 SE 1/5 Buggy
Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 PM
siblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and mine still has the original motor.The truck starts on second pull every single time no issues with it running at all.The truck has its issues just like every platform in the 1/5 market none of them are problem free except for maybe some MCD stuff but those are in the 2 grand range.I personally like mine and there is a good aftermarket for them and many owners that will lend a helping hand.