Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New Marder tuned pipe - Samba3 follower

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Marder tuned pipe - Samba3 follower

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
MJT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Marder tuned pipe - Samba3 follower

Hi,

I had ordered a Samba3 Buggy tuned pipe - the shop, rc-car-online.de, says that ModelCargo who produce the Samba tune pipes does not produce Samba3 Buggy tuned pipe any more, so instead I got a New Marder tune pipe - also from Samba.

I now want to know a little more about this pipe; How does it perform? Does anyone have exp with this pipe etc.

Thx.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:49 AM
original.mb

Default RE: New Marder tuned pipe - Samba3 follower

is it the shorter version ?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:56 AM
MJT

Its this one: http://www.rc-car-online.de/samba_marder_m_large.jpg

I have emalied with rc-car-online and they said:

"Hello Mr. xxxxxx,

we have not tested it yet, but the manufacturer says the pipe is better and more compact than the old version.
We don't have one of the old version in stock, it is sold out."

With "old version" he means Samba 3 Buggy tuned pipe, which was what I ordered.

I guess you guys doesnt have to much experience with this New Marder pipe?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:58 AM
original.mb

it is a better pipe i've just had a discusion about this with automan and he says it is deffinatly better than the Samba 3 which is the one i have
Old 02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
MJT

Well, that is great to hear. Do you or Automan have any links, pictures, tests or toher that can confirm your theory/knowledge? A dyno tests etc. perhaps?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
original.mb

automan is your guy for that i'm just a humble learner

to keep it short and sweet the new pipe has slightly better output peformance, it is shorter and more compact thus preventing rear tip from saying hello to the floor when pulling bigtime wheelies which is what happened to my samba 3 off-road [] also unlike Samba 3's unfinished/unpainted look the new version is nicely finished in black

veron

p.s- if you don't like it you can swap with my Samba 3 which is the one you first ordered
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 AM
MJT

Thanks for that great info - you are my new best friend Veron

I saw that it was shorter, and also painted. The length is a good idea so it doesnt hit the grond, the paint it also "ok" - but I just love the raw look on the Samba 3. But as long as its output performance is as good or better then Samba 3 its a buy-n-keep item. So sry mate, i won't trade with you, thx for the offer though
Old 02-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Automan

The info i got so far on this new Samba off road pipe is this....

!QUOT!PK, have made some enquirers today. The "old style" pipe ie the unpainted bigger one, is no longer available. Any stocks will soon dry up, the new style is it's improved replacement. We have tested both and found that the new pipe gives slightly more pull through the low and mid range, very similar top end.
!QUOT!

MJT, I'm sorry you didn't get your Samba off road pipe with that brutal look. But i don't think this new version will be a disappointment at all. It's smaller, painted real nice, have better performance... what not to like ?

When i get more info on this new model Samba off road pipe, i will post it asap. Btw, there is no real big difference between the old model and the new one, so whatever you go for it will give you great performance [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-22-2005, 12:00 PM
hellya

Brand new samba pipe run around $265 US...... thats more than my engine costs
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Automan

Ok....yes.. hellya, when getting into this big scale you should have known that it would not be cheap. These cars are very durable and are well built, but they cost to upgrade and to maintain (There is not so many big scale cars owners out there yet = Higher price, and they are bigscale), so either you are aware of that when entering large scale, or you wont have much fun.

This is not intended as a personal assault on you hellya, just for everyone that's planning on getting into or have just entered big scale. I just had to write this because i see allot of beginner big scalers complaining of high prices, so I'm just confused... don't they read up before entering a new bigger scale of cars ? These are BIG TOYS, not small toys, and they will cost more to play with, thats life

But when the number of big scalers gets higher the prices will be better on spare parts and hoop up's [sm=thumbup.gif] Still you have to realize that it is a big scale, and most stuff are quite hitech and very well done, and gives very high performance with great durability, and the feeling using these bad boys is not comparable to nitro**** at all.

I would like having a real hummer h1 in the winter (talking about real cars now), and a ´juiced up Skyline 4wd/Viper twin turbo as a summer car, but i cant afford it right now [sm=crying.gif]
Old 02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
MJT

Thank you all.

A special thanks to Automan - good information. My Monster Beetle is laying around in hundres of parts - right next to me is the engine with the Samba New Marder tuned pip [>:] - Its nice.

Today I have: installed diff. grease which lock the diff, reinforced diff. tube, silicone wall to insure that rocks etc. are kept away from the diff, driveshaft boots and of course the tune pipe - im looking forward to take it for a spin tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
fire01

COOL! Keep us posted MJT i also looking for a pipe,price is nothing for performance
Old 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Automan

You are so welcome MJT, but i didn't give you that much info.... glad it was to some use anyway

I will probably make a silicone wall to, have seen two small scratches on the diff-house.. so i'll make that soon just in case But any case, i would want a better diff, maybe a one with full adjustments would be great.

Looking forward to test my new tunepipe when it arrives.

Please keep us updated, a nice video would be great.. or some pictures ?

Bash hard, and get bloody (just now listen to some new group i never heard of, Celtic Frost - Vanity-Nemesis ,pritty ok)
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
MJT

I took some pictures of the pipe and pipe mounted on the engine. No videos, because I dont have that kind of equipment - sorry.
The quality is poor, beacuse of the missing light this evening, but tomorrow better pictures will come.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83144.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	233263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32315.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	233264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56193.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	233265  
Old 02-22-2005, 07:14 PM
hellya

I built RC race boats with zenoah and QD engines for 3-4 yrs...... I'm just surprized people would be willing to pay more for a tune pipe than the engine itself... I'm not surprised in the cost of the sport, as my average cost to build rc boats is around 1000-1200 per boat more if i used a quickdraw engines.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:49 AM
original.mb

mjt

looks good mate it really does look alot cleaner/smarter than my Samba 3. let us know how it fairs up in a few test runs?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Automan

hellya, a new engine for example to the Fg MT is around 700$ here in Sweden if I'm not mistaken, so a pipe around 250-300$ isn't in quite that high price range. I can live with that price if it's a top model pipe

hellya, would you like to post some pictures of your boats ? I'm very interested in boats and planes to, one day when this buying big cars have slowed down for me, i want to start building myself a boat or a nice plane.

MJT, that pipe looks great !! Cant wait to get hold of mine... wherever it is [] hope it will arrive soon though.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:47 AM
MJT

Hi all!
I finished the work on the Beetle - and D*MN - this baby is an unstoppable power plant. I just finished the testing and the results are massive:
The sound - oh, so sweat so sweat. It roars like a Harley, with a bit more RPM to it
The performance boost was clear from the first pull on the tricker - its awesome. I took it for a spin in the snow, and the diff locking grease has definitely helped a lot - both wheels are spinning now meaning only one way - forward!
The performance boost was measured on a try tarmac road - half to full gas in a split of a second - wheelie and spoiler hit the tarmac
I am 112% happy with the tune pipe and the accessories I bought.

Here are some pictures:

Name:	Qo40573.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	233569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26631.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	233570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86747.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	233571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58251.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	233572  
Old 02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
RCholic

Very Nice Setup!
How does the newer "short pipe" fit inside the beetle body? Any pics?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
MJT

It fits 99% perfectly. By that I mean that there physically are no problems, but the body may touch the pipe - I don't think the pipe is hot at the very end, but I did cut a little so the pipe doesn't touch the body and the other way around. On the picture it seems like the pipe touch the body, but that is because of the angle the picture is taken at. All in all: there IS room in the MB body for the New Marder pipe

Name:	Mk27228.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	233592