Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Integy LST shocks for FG?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:11 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy LST shocks for FG?

I saw an thread but can't find it. The shocks came in so I took a picture next to the MB rear shock. The lst shocks are actually bigger and the shafts are thicker.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25093.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	316459  
Old 08-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Automan

Default RE: Integy LST shocks for FG?

Thanks for the info rcnuthobbies !!! that is some interesting news, looks good [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-28-2005, 07:11 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I'd like to know (without having buy a set ) is if they feel like they are of the same quality as the FG shocks. The LST is not nearly as heavy as an FG.

Shock size is similar. Shaft is apparently thicker. Oil viscosity can be changed to suit. However, what do the springs feel like? Will they give it more suspension travel and still support an FG, or will they fold over sideways and perhaps cause me to have a 'sagging' chassis? My wife would not like it if I had a saggy rear end.

I want better suspension travel (I want the travel of a Savage), but I don't want to constantly bottom out and ruin my MB. [8D]

[&:] Mike, why don't you do some tests with the LST shocks and tell us how they held up?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:14 PM
JQuest64

I have found Integy shocks to be hit or miss. They worked great on my T-Maxx, and horribly on my Savage. I bent four of the shafts on my Savage on one jump.
Granted the suspension design of the Savage leaves alot to be desired, but the fact that this happened left me skeptical of Integy shocks, especially if under heavy loads of the FG.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
fourwheeler

I have heard the Integy stuff is more for show than go. I was considering a set of those shocks for my LST and was told the Team Losi threaded body shocks were far superior.