Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

How much to cut off for MCD buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How much to cut off for MCD buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
mim1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much to cut off for MCD buggy

Hey guys or gals,

Does anyone know how much and where the engine needs to be cut off to fit the MCD buggy. By the way this buggy LOOKS AWESOME!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: How much to cut off for MCD buggy

??? not sure the enginge needs any modification if thats what you mean. it should take a standard RC gas engine, like from Dave Motors, Oneil Bros. ect.
Timmahh
Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
mim1212

Hey Timmah,

I only asked this question, because I heard that some of the engines, needs to be cut off to make it fit right. I am using a CY 29cc.
Thanks for the info Timmah. I will double check and make sure no mods are needed to the engine. I will try to post some pics but I dont know how to post pic on here.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

The engines do not drop in. You have to cut off the lower mount off the engine block(not used) and the fins that block the flywheel on the bottom where the engine is facing the crankshaft.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Timmahh
Banned

And there you have it. Did not know that the engine needed a bit of modding ot work in the MCD. thanx for the info.
Timmahh
Old 08-10-2006, 08:13 PM
RC_chaos

I recommend getting a 29cc or 30.5cc to power this thing. A pipe is also recommended. (Jetpro is supposed to be making them) The MCD is larger than the FG's and it is 4wd. The 4wd requires more power than a 2wd. There are a few "fins" on the bottom of the motor on the flywheel side that need to be trimmed off in order for the drive shaft to clear the motor. This is no big deal to do. I bet if you bought a truck from [link=http://www.largescalerc.com]LargeScaleRC[/link], they would trim those fins and mount the motor for you. (They did mine because I asked them to )
Old 08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

what about the zenoah? i was looking into the o'neil brothers 3.9hp on...and was wondering if that'd fit without mods?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mim1212

Hey guys or gals,

Does anyone know how much and where the engine needs to be cut off to fit the MCD buggy. By the way this buggy LOOKS AWESOME!!!!
Yep contact Ryan at Dave's....here's the [link=http://www.davesmotors.com]URL[/link].
Engines aren't very expensive. I'd recommend Dave's simply cause they offer excellent service and support, and they deal with some of the best engine guys in the business. A+ all the way.