Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

driveshaft rubbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
taffy14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driveshaft rubbers

i got a monster beetle that has ball type driveshafts in it,i have just replaced one of the shafts to a bad on throttle landing,i have also replaced the driveshft boots again,this is the 3rd time they needed doing and i've only had it for 2 months,does anybody use anything else instead of the fg gaitors,they seem a little weak and perish far too quickly?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: driveshaft rubbers

one thing you may try that a few of us Baja owners have had success with, is take your boots, and line the inside and outside of the boot with some Shoo Goo. this will add some strength to the boots and hopefully get you more life out of them. myself, on my Baja, i pulled the boot and cleaned out the grease and run it bootless without issue, not sure if this would be recommendable with yours though.
hth
Timmahh
Old 08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ive had the same set of four on for almost two years - split one of them as grass built up around the drive,its best if you jam pack them with a good grease and use the two supplied cable ties around the end of the boots

edit: you can get them from a audi or vw dealership alot cheaper if you live near one,cant remeber part no. sure someone on forum will know
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
taffy14

thnaks for the reply,do you have the dogbone type shafts ar the balls?...from what i can gather from this forum the grease needs changing regular on the ball type,not sure how long they would last without it,i got a king cobra 29cc running through them,and they seem to have a bit of slack in them already.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
taffy14

thanks radio controlled mad,i am a car mechanic by trade so i should be able to get hold of them fairly easy,does anyone know what they are used for in the audi/vw use?...
Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 PM
BILKO1

It's either a wiring or cable grommet.Part Number: 443 906 102 G

Old 08-11-2006, 07:08 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: BILKO1

It's either a wiring or cable grommet.Part Number: 443 906 102 G

thats what I run with my ball drive kit, they are at any audi/ VW dealership any only cost 1.69 a pair cannot beat that price

do a search here on the forum under "drive boots" and you will come up with a huge list...............