Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

duruatrax firehammer

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
wyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duruatrax firehammer

ORIGINAL: NitroBurn1

How did putting Your Jetpro pipe on affect the plastic motor mounts, do they break? My Jetpro will be here tomorrow, and I hope to try it out this weekend.
The pipe isn't really a problem. It is more like it is plastic and is junk.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 PM
NitroBurn1

Hey wyd, did you ever find a steel 19t pinion, if so where did you get it? I would also like some aluminum motor mounts, but I think I better wait a few months, because ever since I got this buggy my wallet is starting to shrink.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 PM
wyd

ORIGINAL: NitroBurn1

Hey wyd, did you ever find a steel 19t pinion, if so where did you get it? I would also like some aluminum motor mounts, but I think I better wait a few months, because ever since I got this buggy my wallet is starting to shrink.
Never did try to get a 19 tooth steel pinion. So far I only went thru one plastic gear. My main problem is the motor mounts. I will order some but I just bought a new house and we need to get are other one ready to sell so I just have no time right now.

THe 1/5th scales do take a little money. If its not hopups then it is tires and so on. Vicious cycle I tell ya. lol
Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 AM
wyd

I know the FH is pretty close overall to being the same as the FG Marder but the Marder overall seem to be better overall quality over the FH?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
NitroBurn1

The only 1/5 gas rc that I have ever seen up close is my Smartech/Firehammer, so I don't know about the quality of any other cars. I too would be interested in seeing if the quality of a marder is better than a Firehammer. But for what I paid for my buggy, and even after the Jetpro pipe, it still cost me less than a stock Marder, so as long as I can still get parts I'll keep it running.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
wyd

Actually my FH would be pretty bullet proof if I would just order the alum motor mounts. I will get them in a few months once I get settled in are new house and get are old one sold.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:15 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well received my 17t pinion today, I'm going to hook it up this weekend and see if there is any difference. I also did NOT receive the Ball Drive Set. Someone at HobbyThek misread the order and pulled a suspension arm instead of the ball drive set. (the number 305007 instead of 306007). So I'll have to wait another week before I get it. []

I have the worst luck with ordering online. In three months, this is the fourth mess up on an order from someone RC related! 3 different companies.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:04 PM
csp1971

Tried out the 17t Pinion, fits perfectly with the 48t spur! There was more low end than before so I think it seemed worth the 30 bucks. I only had a chance to drive for about 3 minutes. A bunch of kids came out and I hate to run these things around kids, aside from my own so I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
wyd

That must be a special 17 tooth pinion. I have a 18 tooth steel pinion and it is just a little too small so it was back to the stock plastic pinion for now.

My problem now is keeping the steel gear in position against the diff gear. Damn motor moves at all and it just grinds. Sucks!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
csp1971

Where did you get your 18t pinion? The 17t I had gotten from HobbyThek meshes perfectly with the 48t Spur. I purchased my 19t from there as well.

I also have a Lauterbacher 19t pinion which doesn't mesh well, it's apparently for an FG. I'm not sure whether to put it on ebay or just hold onto it in case I purchase the Monster Beetle Pro someday.

I was having a helluva time with the motor mounts moving. Since I've gotten the alloy mounts, not much problems at all.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
wyd

The pinion was one for the FG. It is the Cat 5 pinion for the Marder. I will just keep it incase I get a Marder down the road. Once I get settled in are new house and get are old one sold then I will start getting my car all the other hopups I need to make it mor bullet proof.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
goneracing_83

Hello all!!! i have been reading this forum all afternoon, and got to say there is some helpful info here. Well i better say first off im goin to be gettin my FIRST 1/5 scale truck with in the next week or so i have a hold on it til i have the rest of the funds. would of had the money this week but wife just had to go freakin shopping AGAIN!!!! lol oh well im gettin what i been wanting for some time now. I am gettin a used FH MT and was wondering what to look for when i get it, like weak points. i know that i will be going completely thru it. check bearings and all the bolts and what not. it already has the steel pinion and splur gear and a Nutech oil filled diff. Now the guy bought and installed the Alloy Large Motor Mount from Powerslideracing.com but once he did the stock rear bulkhead brace did not fit at all. When it was placed in its correct position the layshaft and diff gear were not touching at all. what would cause that? Could it be that the large engine mount the wrong one? do FG large engine mounts work? ( that is if it would be a FG one) not really sure what it could be bc i dont have the tuck but can complain for 380 bucks and the only thing it needs is a radio system (goin to put a 2.4ghz 3ch sysem in it anyway). and to get the gearing to line up correctly. I couldnt pass it up. wife was upset that im gettin back into the RC hobby. I did run nitros and always wanted a BIG truck to run around and chase the stray cats away with LOL!!!!

Any info would be great!!!!

Thanks again!