Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

4stroke fg motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
stempak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4stroke fg motor

Thaught I'd post this picture of a 4stroke in a fg. It's all in german. So I couldn't read a thing. But would definately make a cool sounding motor. Neibors would be much happier! Unfortunately probably only as fast as a stock 26. Unless there is mods I.E cam head valves or supercharger.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93663.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	800762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39407.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	800763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85191.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	800764  
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 4stroke fg motor

Mmmm that is interesting.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
stempak

It does look like the valve cover is aftermarket. If that motor is a honda gx31 or 35, I know they are producing around 5hp and doing around 50mph in a 57" boat. And would probably move a car around pretty well with the same setup if it is a honda?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:13 PM
T I G

Thats cool. I have a Stihl weedwacker, its 4 stroke, sucker has some serious torque and isnt loud either. I wonder what it would sound like with a tuned pipe.
I'd be interested in something like it for an RC.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: T I G

Thats cool. I have a Stihl weedwacker, its 4 stroke, sucker has some serious torque and isnt loud either. I wonder what it would sound like with a tuned pipe.
I'd be interested in something like it for an RC.

4 strokes don't need a tuned pipe, they have an exhaust valve... Just need a pipe and a silencer... The tuned pipes in a 2 cycle are Tuned to control the exhaust scavenging...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
T I G

I shouldve known that, I'm a moron. The one pictured looks like a 2 stroke muffler, thats why I said that.

If they are 4 strokes, why do they need a oil mix like 2 strokes?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM
burkes_22

they still need the oil for lubrication just as a 2 stroke does, its just that larger 4 strokes have an oil resivoir so it doesn't need to be mixed with the fuel
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 PM
lauterbacher

someone better check there info, if it's a honda 31 or 35 they put out 1.5 and 1.6 horspower. and are extreme turds. and there is no advantage in torque in these small motors 2 verses 4 stroke. and by the way they fly at about 20 mph in a boat.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
ttoks

the boat guys modify the honda engines.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 PM
lauterbacher

you can go to a web site called rc boat world. were the guy is the no 1 modifier in the world of the honda 31 and 35 engines new cams porting etc. a one off billet head for the Honda and all this for almost 4 horsepower and about 31 to 33 mph in a boat . I repeat there is no available 4 stroke that will work in a large 2 stroke vehicle period.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 AM
stempak

I just showed you a picture of a motor specificly (in)for a fg? And the boat on rc boat world is going between 40-43 before the big valve billet head. you are way off dude and very negitive. they (4strokes) were going 20mph a year or 2 ago when they were just put in a boat. And No one of yet has said any#'s supercharging them (I'm sure they have though?) which should give them much more power 2

And that's 1.5 1.6hp stock the boat that goes over 40 I can guaranty you is more than 1.5 1.6hp? So I think you need to check your info.

P.S and I repeat there is a motor FOR THE MONSTER FG'S AS POSTED IN THE PIC'S ABOVE THE PRICE IS 699 EURO.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 AM
stempak

Just like mentioned they(4mix stihls) don't use a oil resivor because of size and weight. But I asked the guys on boatworld. And they said there is a power limit on those stihl 4mixs because of the way they are designed to run mix gas? But personally I would rather have a 4stroke any day than a 2stroke, Because they sound so much better than a screaming loud 2stroke. And they also run alot better,smoother and much more dependable 2. I also have used both styles of stihl line trimmers and the 4's are way beter IN my oppinion They start right up everytime when the 2's won't start?

Not to long ago you never saw a 4stroke keep up with a 2stroke dirt bike? let alone racing. Now 2strokes are obsolete and on there way out. Although it does take 450cc's 4stroke to match a 250 2stroke. SO when it comes down to cc's 2 strokes have more power
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Bratch96

Very interesting thread. I always thought the idea of 4 stroke was to avoid mixing fuel. I didn't know that those 4 stroke weed eaters needed mixed fuel.
I like how the engine and clutch bell are mounted to together on their own plate. I would love to see a video of this thing running. Good thread, good thread.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 11-11-2007, 02:26 AM
stempak

Well (as far As I know) just the stihl line trimmers and blowers use this technology for size and weight savings

I don't see a vid anywere on the site.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 AM
stempak

Here are a couple vid's of a 4stroke 1/8th scale 4wd truggy with a surpass supercharged 1.20(20cc) to give you an idea how cool it would be to have a good performing 4stroke in these 1/5th's

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68489710969309

Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 AM
PBJT

Hmm sounds nice but the problem I see is "Lid time" I don't know about the rest of yous but my FG MT and marder take some tumbles.....What would happen now with an oil pan or oil resiviour when the engine is now upside down cause the truck is upside down. Boats and bikes don't flip live ours do... Anyone know if they have addressed this to keep the oil in the pan?

PBJT
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 AM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: PBJT

Hmm sounds nice but the problem I see is "Lid time" I don't know about the rest of yous but my FG MT and marder take some tumbles.....What would happen now with an oil pan or oil resiviour when the engine is now upside down cause the truck is upside down. Boats and bikes don't flip live ours do... Anyone know if they have addressed this to keep the oil in the pan?

PBJT

There is no oil pan, you are still running a oil mix for size and weight concerns...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:04 PM
lauterbacher

the reason they can make truggys and the smaller vehicles competitive with the 4 strokes is because they can match the horsepower of the smaller two strokes. It can't be done with the larger two strokes meaning zenoah 23 cc and up. and mister brainiac needs to read his posts were he's getting his info. the 40 to 43 mph is what he's wishing he gets if he makes a one off 4 valve billet head. Look I'm the only one I know of that made a semi succcesful four stroke conversion for a 5th scale vehicle, 3 fears ago i put a 50cc Lazer 4 stroke in a Lauterbacher on road race car. and yes I did race it against the other 5th scales with there oddie and alro and etc modified 23 cc two strokes. you know what it could'nt do it because I was only pushing 4 horsepower verse there 5 plus. and in 3 years nothing has changed as to what is available on the market. So no. 1- it has to fit the vehicle and it will have to have at least 5 horsepower. right now I'm putting a saito 91 4 stroke into a truggy. Why because the hosepower of the 91 equals the 21 to 32 size engines there using in the 1/8 truggy buggys etc.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
stempak

I have no Idea. It's all in german so I can't read german anymore.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
stempak

Read it a little closer, former worlds fastest gx31 zen ignition 13,000+ rpms 40-43. And he said with the billet head it's over 15,000 rpms that should put him at 50mph. And supercharging will give more power aswell if it works.

But I would think you would need atleast 40-50cc to make a fg fast unless it is a full tilt superchrged 31-35.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 PM
stempak

Dude read before you post. That's also what they said about motorcross 4strokes. There will never be watercooled 4strokes, they will never be in a yz,cr,kx etc frame and they will never be as fast! And look now. With all your optimisum THE world should just shut down. And you also said there has been no advancments in 4strokes in a couple years. Well they will never work in a boat or go over 20 yourwrong. They will never make more power than stock your wrong. There will never be bigger cams valves etc yourwrong dude.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
stempak

P.S. THEY ARE EXTREME TURDS AND ONLY FLY AT 20MPH. WHAT's THAT?

And yes not everybody needs 6hp so what is your point, You need 6hp and if it doesn't have 6hp it's no good and will never work.
And oviously the honda 31,35 turds are making the same hp. as your 3yr ago 50cc? WHAT's THAT?
And your only talking 1hp diference. WHAT's THAT?
ANd most people don't race these things as far as I can see As they are farily new in the states SO no one ever talked about racing these 1/5th's WHAT'S THAT?

I was personaly talking about backyard bashing motors, AND this being a new alternative to a better running sounding possible motor. THANKYOU HAVE A NICE DAY!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
lauterbacher

Whats that Whats that, I'm giving true and honest factual info on the use of 4 strokes in large scale vehicle so that some one will save themselves the grief of money and time spent on a project that won't work. who are you trying to kid about performance, about every other thread is about how fast is this or that motor or hopup part is. no.1 fourstrokes that are available will work on smaller applications and not on the large scale vehicles. no. 2 the hondas have been out a no. of years. they have even discontinued the 31 and only offer the 35 in the next of line. no. 3 Bob of the honda 31 mod fame has only one motor made that makes approximatly 4 horsepowerin the whole world. This isn't about argueing to argue but is about posts on fourstrokes for largescale vehicles , that won't work until a proper motor for largescale comes out. now you can do it in your large scale Baja or fg but it will go like a turd compared to a 2stroke. so if you don't care about performance than go for it. and lastly how can I be agains't this when I have did it and spent a fairly large some of money in doing it.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
stempak

YesI could see the problem, I believe the motor (they) are using in the boat is standard with a oil resivor Because he had told me there is power limits on the 4mixes and would not make near the power they needed to get 40-50mph. But with time They might be able to get power outof the 4mixes. I don't know all that much as I'm not the builder/modifier of these. All I know about this engine is. It is for the fg mt, bettle and I would guess st. And it might be a 4mix for that very reason?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
lauterbacher

All it will take is Mr. FG who has 90% of the large scale market to ask Zenoah to make him one for his line of vehicles. but I don't see it happening as long as the two strokes are cheaper and have the performance. I see it though if the E.U. were to make a sweeping ban of all two strokes based on the enviroment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.