Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

NEW INTEGY PARTS FOR BAJA 5B

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:02 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW INTEGY PARTS FOR BAJA 5B

ORIGINAL: FastEddy

I have had a pinion and spur setup for a few weeks now.
They are good quality and much lighter then the other metal gears on the market.
Integy has some good stuff but my personal experience has been that their aluminum blows.

But you have a Integy Gas cap on you Buggy now it cannot be that bad can it?

I also bought a Gas cap and Bulk head and beadloc's I will be postin some pics sometime today
Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 AM
hndaman1

here is my new Gas cap and front bulk head pc's and "outer beadloc rings" they call them fronts you have too buy them individual

I'am going too have the purple beadlocs media blasted since the silver ones were out of stock, and polish them up
Old 12-30-2007, 04:46 PM
hellya

go handy go ...........
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well I have to chime in on my experience with integy as well. I am guessing I spent around 1000.00 on their products in the past and that where it stays. I have bought just about everything when I went crazy with my mini-t's and revo's. Since then all the parts have failed and are in the dump. Even their shocks failed...every one. I called them and talked to a gent and he gave me a cookie cutter response and apologized. He said we have no control over what you do with them......I race! I could not believe he said that. I asked him if they were intended for show or actual use....he said they look good on a truck so show is more practical. How was I to ever buy another product from them again? I thanked him for his honesty and informed him I would never buy another soft alum part from them again. I agree it is pot metal used....not T6 or the like. I worked as a machinist for many years and know good material when I see it and I haven't seen any from them yet. Even the pics on this forum look like the same as the old stuff. Just my opinion....not a rumor. Kevin
Old 12-31-2007, 01:52 PM
hndaman1

well here is the bulk head installed it is PRETTY BEEFY

I think it turned out quit well...I gues wee will have too see after a good HARD bash session...[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
hndaman1

Well I bought the rest of the parts I was looking for for the bulk head.....I was hoping these would come out I bought the Integy alloy shock tower support, and the Integy alloy arm brace

Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 PM
FastEddy
My Feedback: (1)

You ever going to go drive that beast to see how this stuff hold up or are all ORANGE Bajas made for the shelf.
Not many people running this stuff and it would be nice to see how it hold up over time.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
raptor 8

Not bashing, but i to and friends, bought integy stuff for our savages a few years back. It bend first time out with little to no abuse. Their alloy is WAY to soft. I don't know if they have finally changed thier tactics but in the past is was VERY bad quality. I still have such a bad impression, they could make these outta Unobtainium and i still would not buy it.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:34 PM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: FastEddy

You ever going to go drive that beast to see how this stuff hold up or are all ORANGE Bajas made for the shelf.
Not many people running this stuff and it would be nice to see how it hold up over time.

You take that back Eddy

I just want to know how those beadlocks are holding up, see if I need to worry about being replaced [X(]
Old 01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
hndaman1

We are in the middle of winter here now..I do not run in snow and the temp out side right now is -4 out without the wind chill.....
Old 01-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must say hndaman, I really like how the stuff looks. Are the steering uprights Integy as well? I'm eagerly awaiting for a report on how it holds up. Especially those beadlock rings.[:-]
Old 01-19-2008, 02:53 PM
FastEddy

DarkSoul,
You still showing off that SS Wannabe RiG?

I take it back, I take it back!!!!!
Ive been humbled.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 PM
hathi
Banned

Why do people still stay this stuff is cast? You also said GH parts were cast... waiting on Brice to report his findings on this

And hndaman, you have the best looking orange rig out there! You're not scared to put on parts from any manufacture, cant wait to see more pictures!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
hndaman1

I decided to put my purple beadlocs on a fresh new set of chrome wheels for my tarmacs instead and I ordered up a new set of 4 silver beadlocs (which said backorder) but said shipped 1-16-08? so this is what they look like on my chrome wheels...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ORIGINAL: raptor 8

Not bashing, but i to and friends, bought integy stuff for our savages a few years back. It bend first time out with little to no abuse. Their alloy is WAY to soft. I don't know if they have finally changed thier tactics but in the past is was VERY bad quality. I still have such a bad impression, they could make these outta Unobtainium and i still would not buy it.
Integy's poor rep was mostly earned by their range of shocks for nitro MT's. It wasn't the quality of their aluminium that was the issue but the steel used for their shafts that were continually bending. Now their at 3.5mm for their latest MSR5 shocks and these seem to be holding up well. I had their alloy chassis braces on my savage and they were some tough ****'s, held it together through many a bad big air skate park landing on concrete and no sign of cracking so the whole thing about cast alloy is either wrong or they can cast alloy really well!

Integy do suffer from poor quality control, i've had piggyback sets come with poorly tapped threads, missing, wrong or poorly fitting parts and their steel still sucks with the hinge pins that come with the alloy rear hub carriers (savage) bending very quickly the HPI version is alot better, again not a problem with their aluminium just the steel grade they use.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

Integy's poor rep was mostly earned by their range of shocks for nitro MT's.
Yes, but no... here's some light reading for you about integy that started long before they came out with Baja parts. Integy have also responded in this topic... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6216462/tm.htm
Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
hathi
Banned

so your saying if a bunch of people had a problem with a part(s) from any manufacture that all their parts are all garbage? Well I've had problems with HPI parts in the past as well as many others. Let the company know, instead of bashing their products all over the internet.

edit, directed to those who like bashing the products
Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: hathi

so your saying if a bunch of people had a problem with a part(s) from any manufacture that all their parts are all garbage? Well I've had problems with HPI parts in the past as well as many others. Let the company know, instead of bashing their products all over the internet.
Is this aimed at me? It says in reply to foxy42 under the post. If so, why do you think I am bashing their products? I don't have a single bad thing to say about integy, since I have no personal experience. You'll never catch me bad-mouthing something I haven't tried or at least observed first hand.

As for letting the companies know, that's exactly what we are doing right now, in the forums. You may not see many posts (if any!) from HPI, but if their R&D and marketing is worth a toss, believe me, they read this stuff. Integy for sure reads this stuff, they are members on RCU!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
badz

I've run alot of integy parts on my tmaxx that was always breaking with the stock traxxas parts on it, I haven't had any issues with integy's items. I work with aluminum everyday and integy's seems no different than anyone elses. As far as them bending, well all alloy parts can bend thats the nature of alloy. I wouldn't take someones testing off here to be solid or proof of how good they are since the test will for sure be biased. Want them tested properly send them to a independent lab, make it fair. All it seems to be is people who make other alloy parts are ticked off cause Integy is making Baja parts and can supply more than they can. Integy unlike most the mom and pop companies will provide their parts to all the LHS's which will result in higher sales and eventually bury them mom and pop shops. It's called business it happens. I can't see how you can say your 6061 alloy is any different than theirs, 6061 has a standard which must be met to call it 6061 anyhow if thats not met it is not 6061 period. Like I said I deal with aluminum daily and have used Israeli metals in many US jets and the metals are no different and trust me the government spares no means when it comes to testing metals for use on our jets. I've seen many USA made parts fail many years before that same Israeli part failed and the Israeli made part cost a fraction of what the USA part did. Just cause a local company made a part doesn't mean it's "great" and no company is going to say they use inferier metals , the same as no company is going to admit their product is worse than a competitors. This is what boils down to a political discussion because the USA companies have driven their prices so high that our country has been forced to rely on foreign goods and products.

Want the parts tested right and fairly then send them to this place and have them post the results.
http://www.astonmet.com/

They do testing of some government metals and are a excellent lab.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 PM
FastEddy

BadZ,
A lot of truth in what you say.
What you dont see that us as resellers do see is that Integy as a whole is shotty.
I placed an order direct with them on Monday of last week. It took them 4 days to send me a payment request. (This is how they do it). I paid and the STILL haven't sent the order. With all my *****ing about them Yes I do sell some of their products. Im extremely selective but again, I do sell to people that want particular products they have.

[ul][*] 2 of my distributors (larger ones) have completely dropped the entire line.[*] Packaging is bad and inconsistent with missing or wrong parts being the norm.[*] Quality control is close to none.[*] Shipping from Integy is SLOW at best.[*] Inventory is many times out of stock for months at a time.[*] Backorders are not filled properly.[*] Direct customer service is non existent.[*] Warrantee exchange as a dealer is not an option.
[/ul]

But YES, people still buy their products and people still sell them due to this fact.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Integy's poor rep was mostly earned by their range of shocks for nitro MT's.
Yes, but no... here's some light reading for you about integy that started long before they came out with Baja parts. Integy have also responded in this topic... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6216462/tm.htm
eh? that thread was started september of last year, Integy's rep was going downhill since they started doing parts for the T-Maxx. I know all about Integy's aftersales, polite but useless to me - due to pooly tapped threads on a piggyback a cap got lost, you'd think getting a relacement would be easy enough right? Well turns out a single cap isn't available seperatly and i was advised to buy a whole new set... small discount offered... $40 just to obtain a single reservoir cap - great aftersales support.

edit: oh and they were out of stock when the made me the generous offer anyway...
Old 01-20-2008, 06:15 AM
Foxy

Integy's rep was going downhill since they started doing parts for the T-Maxx.
That's what I was trying to say too. [&:]
Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

opps, 'friendly fire' sorry.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 AM
hndaman1

Yes they are everything I've posting in this thread is INTEGY only......and I would like too try and keep it that way if possible
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
jscofi

Just my opinion.

While everyone may have their own reasons to buy from a particular vendor I think the most important to me are ,

Tech support
Product design.

In today's market it is hard to know exactly where parts are made. but no matter where they are made there are some key things I think a company has to do.

Have a good design, good specs for material, verify the specs ( get C of C from the material supplier you can trust) , test the product and good quality control for production.

If you rely on sites like this to research your purcahses it is hard to go wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.