Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Throttle servo and receiver for Baja 5b ss???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Throttle servo and receiver for Baja 5b ss???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:35 AM
JCAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle servo and receiver for Baja 5b ss???

Hi all

I was thinking of using the Futaba servo S3305 or S3003 as the throttle servo for the Baja 5b ss.

Will that work or do I need a special servo?

Also would you be able to recommend a receiver for the car?

I'm not looking for the top end electronics and is on a tight budget.....

Thanks a lot.

JC
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Throttle servo and receiver for Baja 5b ss???

Any standard servo will work fine.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCXM4**&P=7

Thats the system I use whenever I'm on a budget. Comes with the TX, RX, and a servo. Its cheap, feels very solid in the hand, has easy to use EPA and trims, and is reliable.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:11 AM
wan6176

if i were to use hitec servo on the steering which high end servo is the best for high torque?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:56 AM
HaveBlue

hi , my old 9204 futuba just burnt out , I too was thinking of replacing it with the 3305, they usually recommend 8kg , but since I'm on a budget myself, I will use a hitech 645mg(9.6kg @6volt or 7.7 [email protected]) for the job, but anything rated at 8kg + is fine..rms in perth has them at just under $44.00 at the moment
Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Osirisf16

ORIGINAL: jerome888business

Hi all

I was thinking of using the Futaba servo S3305 or S3003 as the throttle servo for the Baja 5b ss.

Will that work or do I need a special servo?

Also would you be able to recommend a receiver for the car?

I'm not looking for the top end electronics and is on a tight budget.....

Thanks a lot.

JC
The S3305 has a 8.8 kg torgue and speed od .25 sec.Also, using a S3003 is not a good idea. These things have a 57 oz torque.

I reccomend something at 25 kilos on steering and something 10+ kilos on braking/throttle.

As for receiver, try to find one with failsafe
Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 AM
JCAustralia

I have just re read the Baja 5b ss instruction again and it does not mention 8kg torque as a minimum. Where did you guys hear about the minimum 8kg torque for the throttle?

Is it the same servo that press the brakes also?

Thanks

JC
Old 02-15-2008, 08:20 AM
HaveBlue

can't comment on a baja, but even my lowly smartech traveller had instructions for 8kg for throttle brake. most cars I have seen have the brake and the throttle on the same servo if the baja has seperate throttle servo I can't see a need for 8kg servo but if it does work the brake too, I wouldn't use anything less

As a test I used my digital fish scale, hooked it the linkage to see how much force was needed to apply on the brakes..I admit this isnt on a buggy, it's my FG evo road racer and they are cable brake rear discs..it recorded 5.5 kg to lock the disc up hard, mind you without tyres mounted and this is also just sitting on a bench..so taking into consideration 10 kg of car travelling at 60-70 kph I would imagine that a tad more than 6 kg is required to pull up this momentum I would think a baga might weigh a bit less but still a fair bit of weight travelling at speed

(just in case someone chimes in that my evo is slow...it's the shortness of the track straight not lack of speed)

but getting back to the point..most other manufactures recommend 8kg rating for this application might be over kill but when it comes to force I always opt for more than need be, rather than skim on power and be left short..but thats only my opinion and nothing more

like stated above 10kg is better although you wouldn't really need 24kg for steering but as I said earlier having more power is better than just enough or not enough

cheers
HB
Old 02-15-2008, 08:52 AM
tizdaz

dont know if the HPI Baja would accomodate multiplex servos servo's? if so then id highly reccommend the mpex power speed for throttle & brake & the rhino digi 4 for steering, great/powerful servos & used by alot of FG owners
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Osirisf16

The stock servo that comes with Baja RTR is the SF-4 which has 6.5 kg torque. I have the RTR and i'm not very impressed by that servo, so is better using a 10 kg for example. At least surpass the 6.5 kg