Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FS flying off like hotcakes !

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:11 PM
browley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS flying off like hotcakes !

wan6176 your english is a little off a little, E bonics might help u.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Slammed

and you're a loser

ORIGINAL: browley

wan6176 your english is a little off a little, E bonics might help u.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 PM
browley

Slammed has joined us on 5/24/07

He borrows these RC's- Havoc 4.6cc, FireHammer 23cc , Tmaxx HPI 21,Tmaxx 2.5,Mini LST, Cessna 182, Focus 400EP Brushless from different owners claiming to be his. [X(]
Old 02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Slammed

My toys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca83087.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	884996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34140.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	884997  
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: snoking16

i buy premium gass for my car at like $3.40 a gallon....i live in seattle. i dont think you guys are really allowed to gripe about gas thats under $4.00.

VERY few cars actually require premium... All premium is, is a higher octane rating... The higher the octane the slower it burns, good for high compression BAD for low compression... It's a waste of money and you'll use more of it....
I agree, where I live gas is like $3.18 for the cheap stuff, but I totally agree about the higher octane being crap, waste of money
Old 02-21-2008, 06:48 PM
browley

Slam quit breakin in your neighbors garage ! [:@] By the way dont u hate when pebbles get into your duratrax hammers spur gear Crunch !
Old 02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Slammed

I hate the rear diff I was going to buy the FG all metal gear but $200 is a bit much I am going to buy the baja ss

Old 02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
browley

How about this which is crazy slammed how about a 2 speed in that thing !

Can u imagine the 2nd gear kickin sound when it shifts [8D]

But....I dont know if the 2 speed comes in steel ??????? [&o]
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: browley

Believe it or not China are creating innovations in R & D. So be it lets say they copy this or that product then it is YOUR choice to choose which product to own from whatever country.
Whether it be a tv, car or FS RC. Wamarts ILO, Sanyo, Memorx, all are Chineese but I always buy Sony over all them, because I can afford it.
There is a segment of people that can't afford Sony so for them walmart brands are affordable.
I've talked to some FS owners, that say FS is real good for the money.
I wont bash FS if it was junk and it appears it isn't. If it was, thats a different story. I will tell the truth. [>:]
Hobby101.com I have mentioned in past forums hobby101.com bashs XTM, CEN and all other shops to direct customers to there own shop. They have spread alot of untruths that has hurt other shops and RC products. I choose not to go to this shop and others like me. [:'(] Now if (for example) FS was bashing MCD saying there cheaper. this would be fine this is true. If they said there better than MCD then this would be an untruth and it would hurt MCD. Then I would reconsider ever purschasing a FS RC

What I'm saying is sure there may be copycats out there, but thats all it is, it a copycat
Trust me I am well aware of the goings on in China. I deal with them on a day to day basis for my job. Some things they do very well and some things they struggle with. On low tech items such as extension cords, they have basically decimated the US market and they do a great job with that. They do a very good job with low tech mold making, but struggle with complex designs and for the most part do not stand behind the work they do.

China, India, Mexico, US, Canada, EU, etc are all part of a world economy, China isnt going away, but they are not using a fair playing ground as most everyone else. The Chinese governemt is subsidising raw materials which even if there was no labor savings would make Chinese made goods cheaper than US made goods. We as US citizens should be willing to pay a little extra for something made in the USA, but no one is. We are pushing the threshold of technology to get as much automation as possible to get costs as low as we can but that still eliminates jobs. Eventually this is going to be a retail and service country, the manufacturing is going to continue to dwindle until we decide enough is enough. At what cost is saving 10% - 15% stop being worth it, eventually it could be your or my job.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
browley

I blame NAFTA . and special interest groups lining there pockets with greenbacks ! [sm=punching.gif]

Since the subject of oil has came up. As for oil if lets say oil gets $4.00 to $5.00 would any of you buy a toyota YARIS or some small econo compact. Would you feel embarassed ?

P.S. Moderater I hope I didn't offend anyone with special interest's, greenback connection thing, that is meant for people outside this forum.
I do sincerely apologize
Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 AM
wan6176

[8D] agree with u dark shadow.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
browley

the unions / health care/ red tape / taxes / high labor costs / green costs are killing U.S. companies.[:@] Alot of companies go overseas because they dont what to deal with this. When it comes down to it, if it affects the pockets book the red, white and blue pride goes out the window. [&o]
Old 02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the unions / health care/ red tape / taxes / high labor costs / green costs are killing U.S. companies. Alot of companies go overseas because they dont what to deal with this. When it comes down to it, if it affects the pockets book the red, white and blue pride goes out the window.
Agreed

Its our own hyperconsumerist society that is driving the decline of domestic industry. Greed at the bottom for consumer goods, greed at the top for money and power. Who knows where it starts, but the end result is the need for cheap labor - and we all know where that is.

Its a catch 22, as a society we expect American workers to be treated well, paid well, and offered fair benefits - but at the same time we want goods so cheaply and abundantly that it becomes impossible to sustain.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:11 PM
browley

This country needs to enforce tariffs
Old 02-22-2008, 03:15 PM
sheograth

Wishful thinking. Big American business is deathly scared of import tariffs, and the ironic part is that the same lawmakers who bash Asian countries for "stealing our jobs" are having their campaigns funded by these such companies. When on the campaign trail its all fashionable for politicians to act neopatriotic and ultra conservative when it comes to issues like immigration and outsourcing - and inflaming everyones xenophobic streak. All the while, the American corporate sector is loving every second of what this globalized marketplace is doing. Yes we've all but lost our industrial sector, but don't for a minute doubt that American pockets are being lined - unfortunately it's not the average Joe's pocket. And in all fairness, the US is still the foremost player when it comes to emerging technology and IT. Manufacturing is one facet of the economy, and everyone goes on and on about how we've lost those jobs. At the same time, millions of educated and hard working Americans are working in emerging fields - and we're also seeing a massive influx of foreign skilled workers. Of course, that fact too upsets some Americans, but its the nature of the beast. The jobs are there, and they will be filled. Unfortunately, our colleges and schools simply aren't graduating enough high level workers to fill the demand.

I'm going to try my hardest not to post in this thread after this. Inevitably it's going to inflame certain individuals who are highly bitter about the decline of our manufacturing sector.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
browley

things have changed sadly, I vision a world of fast food joints as main jobs, mall retail jobs, $10.00 an hour peanut jobs for Americans. Jobs like this. Its' sad. Sheo u have great knowledge about this subject. It's nice to know people know the truth.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:45 PM
sheograth

I share your worry - but I also have a lot of hope for the situation. Like I mentioned, there is huge potential in high tech industries, academics, and science here in America - for Americans. The problem is we have the most pathetic education system in the first world, yet we are supposedly the most prosperous. I measure wealth not just in money but in empowerment, and to empowerment of future generations comes only from education and will power. Will power we have, we are a hard working people and we should be proud of that, but at the same time we should be ashamed of the kind of world we are building for our children. I've spent a lot of time in the so called developing world, specifically in South Asia - and I'm beginning to see their public education systems overtake our own - and theres no reasonable explanation for that other than poor allocation of resources on our part. Unfortunately for some people, low skill work IS the most susceptible to globalization. That doesn't necessarily mean that globalization can't still be made to work in everyones favor.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
browley

Sheo whats your take Nafta ?[sm=71_71.gif]
Old 02-22-2008, 04:32 PM
sheograth

Haha. Foxy or Reiko is gonna shut me up real soon

Frankly, I have really mixed feelings about it. I feel that it has benefited the US economy at the top in many ways, and I feel the trickle down theory is somewhat valid (although not completely). On the other hand, NAFTA has undoubtedly devastated many economies in South and Central America due to trade subsidies and tax loopholes for multinational corporations. So as much as I feel many Americans have benefited, I can't say that that is a fair justification for colonial era style screwing of the third world.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I share your worry - but I also have a lot of hope for the situation. Like I mentioned, there is huge potential in high tech industries, academics, and science here in America - for Americans. The problem is we have the most pathetic education system in the first world, yet we are supposedly the most prosperous. I measure wealth not just in money but in empowerment, and to empowerment of future generations comes only from education and will power. Will power we have, we are a hard working people and we should be proud of that, but at the same time we should be ashamed of the kind of world we are building for our children. I've spent a lot of time in the so called developing world, specifically in South Asia - and I'm beginning to see their public education systems overtake our own - and theres no reasonable explanation for that other than poor allocation of resources on our part. Unfortunately for some people, low skill work IS the most susceptible to globalization. That doesn't necessarily mean that globalization can't still be made to work in everyones favor.
Trust me I agree with you about the US and the potential growth in specific technical industries such as bio medical, but there are 250,000,000 people in the USA, probably half of which are of working age, it is highly unlikely we are going to have 125 million "tech" jobs that are going to be available.

My fear is our economy is going to be split into two main groups, the have and have nots. I am by no means a union lover and am dont speak out for the blue collar. I am all for education, I have an engineering degree and own my own company. But some folks dont have the money or smarts to go to college.

We are going to have the people who are going to benefit from technology and emerging markets and we are goign to have the people who typically would work in a factory, truck driver, construction, etc. If we lose a huge chunk of those factory jobs that is alot of people who will now be selling jeans or burgers. Eventually the guy making 40K at a factory will be gone and with it a good portion of the middle class. There will always be jobs in health care, trucking, sales, etc so the middle class will never go away totally, but it will shrink significantly.

Its a double edge sword and definatly a no win situation. We want to be paid well but also have cheap products, and you can only have both for so long. The next 20 years are going to be very scary, the USA has a great change of no longer being the premier economic power. China is going to continue to grow as a major force and will absolutely skirt in on some of the emerging technology jobs we are counting on.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:52 PM
sheograth

I agree 100%
Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
browley

I always have said there's alot of jobs out there, I can get one and u can get one in a heart beat, but what kind of jobs are they ? $8.00 jobs and if your a girl and show a little leg maybe you'll get a $10.00 job. Theres alot of low paying jobs out there. As for good paying jobs it is hard to get one even with the best education there's sometimes a 100 people with BA or masters fighting for that same job. Thats one main big problem today the good paying jobs are gone.

Not to harp but I know a friend who was ahead in a department in HP. Hp sent him to India. They didn't tell him why till he got there. When he did they told him your going to be teaching a class the same thing the people that work under you. He did. He taught a class of 50 people from India the same thing the people he was managing in the U.S. When he got back to the U.S. those same people under him were all let go, and the people he taught in India got those jobs . I think thats a sad story. []
Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
sheograth

I wouldnt go as far as to say the good paying jobs are all but gone, I havnt had trouble finding employment recently, and currently I've been in charge of hiring people as well - at high pay.

You just have to look for them, and it is very regionally dependent as well.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Coopz

I like my MCD Clone, it starts and runs fine I can see no point in paying 4x the price for a better quality version that does Exacly the same thing...

They are toy cars after all...
Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
sheograth

I've yet to get my FS on road that I ordered, but I'll do a comparison to the MCD (which my neighbor owns). From what I've seen the construction is almost identical. Can't really complain about the bad servos and the no name engine.... the MCDs dont even include ANY of that stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.