Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hi guys a newb needs ur help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
cracker636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi guys a newb needs ur help

hi guys i've been doin nitro for 3 years and had a steady job for 2 years now and i said to myself 1/5 scale time? hell yeah!! so here are my Q's to you. price not that big of a deal well arond $1300. so i want a 1/5 but i dont know what to get i was leaning to the baja 5b ss kit, but i stumbled over the FG's i've never heard of them til i seen one in a baja video. i tried lookin them up but i really dont know nothin about them. in the video it looked like it had more get up then the baja and deeper sound but i know it could just be a pipe. im mostly goin to be on the ground no big jumps, something with a good low end and a pretty fast top end. which one is made better? stronger stock? and more upgrades? so what do you guys think? try not to flame me i read the sticky and looked around for awhile i just dont know what im lookin at compared to nitros?

thanks justin
Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Bratch96

Default RE: hi guys a newb needs ur help

At $1300 this comes to mind:
http://www.largescalerc.com/SMTTitan.html

But everyone with an HPI baja seems to love their baja.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 AM
clubin

I have a FG MB Pro beside my Savage X SS, here is a picture.

If you are looking at LS check here http://www.innovativehobby.com/
Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 AM
tizdaz

/me gets popcorn out ready for the mud throwing \o/

jus kidding, but asking which is better is like the Nintendo / Sega war a few years back!

There is NO winner! All depends what you want from it, Both are as fast as each other (very similar in terms of speed both stock & with tuned pipes, The FG also has a 2speed kit if its speed you really want.

But seriously, some people on here will say FG''s cant do this as well as the baja SS & vice versa.

Peronally I think my FG MB Pro is better than the HPI Baja/ss, why? because I own one!!! & it does what I want it to! (big air/fast & very stable/strong) & also looks sexy \o/ ..& im sure someone who owns a baja will say the same about there baja, get my point ?

Best bet (imo) decide first which you prefer the look of as the HPI baja & FG models look VERY different, again *personally* Im not keen on the look of the HPI Baja, It was the FG Beetle pro shell that when I 1st seen it I had to have one & thats where my days of largescale began, if it wasnt for the FG MB Pro chances are I would not have got a largescale.

Again on the cosmetic side of things the FG Monster series has a plus as you can interchange the body shells, ie:

FG MT chassis will accept the following shells: MT/MB Pro/Hummer & jeep all that would need to be changed for 1 or 2 of them is the body posts. You can also fit the Stadium Truck shell but then you would also need to get the ST tires as the Stadium shell is wider than the others & would run against the bigfoot tires as they are much larger in size than the stadium tires.

Price wise, hpi Baja & FG models are very similar in price, as you prob already know the baja SS comes in kit form (which is nice! i wished FG did kit forms tbh) & with a few more hop ups than the standard Baja.

My advice is... If you know someone or if you know of a track you can visit to actually see the FG''s & HPI baja''s running this would make your choosing much better.

But like I say.. don''t be put off from FG''s if you hear people say things like "The FG''s are cr@p at jumping" ..trust me, Ive done many big air with my FG all stock except for steel pinion / alloy spur carrier (about £25 total) ...it jumps VERY nice & even & lands great... chances are those that say FG''s cant jump or handle poor its because they either have never owned one & just seen vids, or they don;t know how to control them properly.

heres jus a few pics & vid of my FG

vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RHekSxZzOH8

Also ive made my own personal website for info on FG MT''s www.tizdaz.co.uk

Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

^ Nice pics!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have both, they''re both great, you''ll be happy with either.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, you cant go wrong with either - and I also have a smartech Titan and love it to death.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:05 PM
cracker636

thanks for all the info guys. i like the 5b look, looks more like a sand rail and it comes in a kit as for web sites i''ve already got some but what are some good web sites for fg's.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
tizdaz

www.tizdaz.co.uk for info on FG''s
Old 04-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

WOW rctruckz, your pics stole this thread! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Who took them? That looks like the place I run in my dreams.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 AM
tizdaz

thanks blue... just showing some pics of what my FG MB pro is capable of for those saying that FG Monsters cant jump etc! :-)

It''s a place in UK called Delamere Forest (skills area part thats used for MTB''s / downhill etc) so has plenty of great jumps for RC''s such as table tops / rhythm''s etc & im lucky enough to be living about 20 mins away from it

it was my friends camera that was pretty new so none of us had a clue at the start how to use it, lol \o/ but after an hour or 2 we kinda figured it out, camera is a nikon with a huge lenz lol!

will start a new thread tonight & post a few more pics, wont post them here because i dont want to pull this thread off topic from the OP
Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
cracker636

well guys i ordered a baja ss kit yesterday from tower because i had a gold member coupon there out of stock til early may but i got it for $829.99[:-]. it shall be a fun build, thanks for all the help guys.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 AM
reaganreagan
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I have both, they're both great, you'll be happy with either.
I agree can't go wrong with either one. Both are very off road ready. Good luck on the build.

r2