Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5 Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
mojavemonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 5 Shocks?

I've been wantin to run Baja 5 shocks on "Project : Hard-CORR's" rear. What is the difference between the front and rear shock other than about $10??? The lenght and travel seem to be the same.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Baja 5 Shocks?

The rear shocks are dual rate, use 2 springs.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM
mojavemonster

Ok....I thought there might be more to it. Guess not. How about the springs them. Front have like a medium and the rear med w/ hard. or what. Do they have different combos of springs you can do?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
FastEddy
My Feedback: (1)

The rear shocks are also longer.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: FastEddy

The rear shocks are also longer.
yep the rears are longer than the front , , you can get the ramtech heavy duty springs they are the red type , ive got them on mine and they work well . the rears are dual rate and use two springs as i once made a mistake of installing the dual rate setup on a front shock then realised it was so damn tight then said lol this is a front shock
Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
mojavemonster

Ok, so I just go my rears in yesterday. Alot bigger than I thought they'd be. I ended up getting the VVC/ HD, orange. I also ordered the blue hpi springs 2.4mm / 16 coils. I thought I was getting soft but I guess they are hard. So is it Blue = hard, stock black=med, and yellow=soft? Then you mix match for fine tuning? And the aftermarket canisters, what do they do???
Old 06-06-2008, 02:14 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: mojavemonster

Ok, so I just go my rears in yesterday. Alot bigger than I thought they'd be. I ended up getting the VVC/ HD, orange. I also ordered the blue hpi springs 2.4mm / 16 coils. I thought I was getting soft but I guess they are hard. So is it Blue = hard, stock black=med, and yellow=soft? Then you mix match for fine tuning? And the aftermarket canisters, what do they do???
do you mean the piggyback shock cap sets ? i have them on mine they say they are supposed to make your shocks better by making it airless , but ive still got no idea how these are ment to work