Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Conley Engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
MadManAndrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conley Engine

Anybody got the new Stinger 609? How's it perform? What you got it in? Cool factor or awesome performance?

I'm thinking about getting one for my 1/4 Trophy Truck build and I'd like to know how they perform...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Conley Engine

I've seen a few in action, the performance is pathetic for the price. They're very well engineered, but for novelty only. I do admit that they're gorgeous and run fine - but they're not for serious use.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Is that a V8? If I remember, a guy took a Conley V8 and put it in a custom built 4th scale grave-digger. He totally fabricated the chassis/cage from scrtch, and even got as far as making molds for the GraqveDigger lexan body!

He ran the Conley, and it sounded absolutely gorgeous.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:26 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Is that a V8? If I remember, a guy took a Conley V8 and put it in a custom built 4th scale grave-digger. He totally fabricated the chassis/cage from scrtch, and even got as far as making molds for the GraqveDigger lexan body!

He ran the Conley, and it sounded absolutely gorgeous.
Yep, I've watched those video on youtube, he still hasn't finished yet though[&o]...and the Conley he has was the older version, Conley's released a newer version since then and it sound just like a real V8...
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
bentley marshall

you could use a twin in line zen marine engines like the boat guys use then have kits to join them together they are geting 8-9hp out of twins ive seen 3 and 4 cyl inlines too..... ya just need to add fined cooling heads on them

or there s a twin cyl zen plane engine as well just join 2 of them together that should give ya some good hp too

in my 1/4 scale truck im going to use a 39cc water cooled pocket bike engine that rated at 10hp nd comes with a ajustable clutch and there are heeps of upgrade bits for them allso if the powers not enuff
Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 PM
splcrazy

the conley v8 engines are freaking awsome but no faster than nitro infact proberly slower than nitro from what ive heard on them . I want a nice big decent rotary engine for the baja5b now that will sound ten times better than a v8
Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 PM
MadManAndrew

the old Conley was a nitro...
Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Bentley said, check out marine engines. In the boating world we work with some serious hardware.