Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

redcat buggy/ truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
speedy.d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat buggy/ truck

i am going to pick up a new redcat ( i am tired of building fs diffs.) i know there is a thread on here for the truck. but i thought it would be nice to have a buggy/mt thread for general discusion. i am aware that the upgrade kit is a must for these what else do i need to know?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 AM
hellya

Default RE: redcat buggy/ truck

hey speedy www.redcatrampageforum.com
Old 01-25-2009, 01:02 AM
speedy.d

thanks man! im getting a buggy, and im putting that 28.5 with the 813 carb and x can on it. these things do hold up better than the fs dont they?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 AM
hellya

Yes they are.... get the alloy gear carrier for sure ...will save some wear on your drive gears

http://www.rampagehopups.com/searchq...s=gear+carrier

People are boiling their front and rear arms to make them more elastic....less brittle
Old 01-25-2009, 09:34 AM
speedy.d

i boil everything plastic on every car ive got. why do people call the redcat a clone? i had an fs most mcd parts fit it. the redcat may look like an mcd but it doesnt use near as many mcd parts as the fs does. ive also heard that the chinese company that makes these does so at a higher quality than the fs. and the suuspension is completely different. one of the fs guys said "he is going from one clone to another".from what i have seen the redcat is much more origanal than the km bajasand the fs cars. one thig the fs guy dont realize is that their "30cc" enbines do not add up to 30cc. an fs 30cc piston will fall into a cy 28.5 head,and the crank is no longer than my cy , so who knows how big they rerally are.all iknow is that with anything more than a stock fs motor they will disassemble themselves
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 AM
clubin

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

i boil everything plastic on every car ive got. why do people call the redcat a clone? i had an fs most mcd parts fit it. the redcat may look like an mcd but it doesnt use near as many mcd parts as the fs does. ive also heard that the chinese company that makes these does so at a higher quality than the fs. and the suuspension is completely different. one of the fs guys said "he is going from one clone to another".from what i have seen the redcat is much more origanal than the km bajasand the fs cars. one thig the fs guy dont realize is that their "30cc" enbines do not add up to 30cc. an fs 30cc piston will fall into a cy 28.5 head,and the crank is no longer than my cy , so who knows how big they rerally are.all iknow is that with anything more than a stock fs motor they will disassemble themselves
We have had this discusson on another forum, the redcat is not realy a clone of anything. There are some simularities between the redcat and a couple other manufacturers, but there are only 2 interchangable parts between the Redcat and MCD 2 one is driveshafts and the other is the ABCD gears. I suppose you look at making a shaft drive 4wd model, how many ways can you do it? Shaft and belt.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 AM
speedy.d

true, and at the price you can get them for its hard to beat. its the plushness of the suspension that has sold me.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:07 PM
mooman007uk

If redcat can make a decent truck/buggy for the price they do why can't everyone else??...yeah the clones can but I'm on about original designs...look at the price of the titan...near double and the 5t is way up there too. It's not hard to see why many of us have picked up a rampage...great truck at a great price and parts are cheap too.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:16 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

If redcat can make a decent truck/buggy for the price they do why can't everyone else??...yeah the clones can but I'm on about original designs...look at the price of the titan...near double and the 5t is way up there too. It's not hard to see why many of us have picked up a rampage...great truck at a great price and parts are cheap too.
I hope with the growing interest the prices don't slowly start to go up. I like things just the way they are.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
speedy.d

i agree on the price issue, the thing that most impresses me about redcat is the upgrade kit. that is a lot of parts for very little cash. i have never seen a company step up and take care of their consumes as well as redcat has. if the fs dealers could throw a pack together with better diffs and shocks, i wouldnt have made the switch. i may even try some racing with it before its all said and done
Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
funrc1988

How long are you boilling your parts and how is it working out for you?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
speedy.d

i usually boil them for five to ten minutes, and i have yet to break anything i have boiled. but i try not to run into things.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
funrc1988

Thanks for the info
Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

You can get the Smartech Titan for about the same as a Redcat MT $750-800 but zenoah and cy headkits wont work on the Titan with the 28cc
Old 01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
mooman007uk

My bad I meant the hurricane C5 which is like the titan but with an upgrade kit installed I think they were running at $1300 but I see fg supply has them for just over a grand now.. Seems prices are tumbling acroos the board lots of inventory and no one buying...again it shows the markup on these things
I get a pot of water to the boil, chuck the parts in and once boiling again I kill the heat, cover and let the water cool...it works great...bashed hard today and the arms and uprights held up just fine...I've got video of some good jumps and rough landings that would have broke unboiled arms just have to download it and post it.