Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Best of largescale

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 AM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best of largescale

What are the top brands in large scale; looking for something 4X4(off-road),good torque and good top end speed that can reach 50MPH.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best of largescale

If you're looking for a good 4x4 off road, look into FG or MCD. I recently built an 4x4 FG monster truck, gorgeous unit. All alloy, built like a tank. It's a newer design, belt driven. MCD has a series of shaft driven off road vehicles, also very good. Neither brand is cheap, but both are top notch in terms of quality. As far as speed goes, with the right engine and pipe 50+ is easy.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sheograth

If you're looking for a good 4x4 off road, look into FG or MCD. I recently built an 4x4 FG monster truck, gorgeous unit. All alloy, built like a tank. It's a newer design, belt driven. MCD has a series of shaft driven off road vehicles, also very good. Neither brand is cheap, but both are top notch in terms of quality. As far as speed goes, with the right engine and pipe 50+ is easy.
What he said, although, I've been slightly disappointed with MCDs value for money (lots of plastic on the proline cars), so I would recommend FG, but both are good choices. There's lots of alloy stuf available for the MCDs.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 AM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would take a look at the latest fresh new models like the NUTECH tb2 race kit,i can guarantee that it could give any of the {so called} top models {that i too have} a good run for there money,and are very well priced and look very well built.

a lot of models now like fg which i too have invest huge money on one are getting dated now along with mcd etc .... but if none of the above appealed the MCD MONSTER ULTIMATE & RACE RUNNER would be the pick of the bunch in my opinion without a doubt.