Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Moo's new Nutech NMT

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:50 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moo's new Nutech NMT

Here are the first pics of my new arrival fresh from it's cardboard womb
It's a nutech megamonster, not in production yet but I was lucky enough to buy a preproduction sample to test.
Now it's time for a wrenching session for total teardown and rebuild...i'll be pulling a late shift tonight to get it back together ready for when the rain here abates. then a quick airbrush session tomorrow or friday to add some colour.
I'll run this stock first for initial testing and use the supplied 3ch 2.4 LCD handset as this is how future buyers will first get it.
Then when the 5b vrc side propipe and the obr full mod 4bolt 27.2 zen arrives i'll be taking it up to the insanity level adding a rhino digi4, and laut 4shoe + a few other bits and bobs
Boy is this thing light weight compared to the moosaur ( name I've given my very modified rampage MT cos after driving gas jockey's NMT yesterday ...owner of Vancouver hobbies... my ramp handles like a brontosaurus in comparison...the nutech even stock with just a pipe is fast as hell and super agile)

review will follow as and when the weather co-operates

comes with 3ch 2.4 LCD with all the settings and abs

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 PM
clubin

Default RE: Moo's new Nutech NMT

Looks good, I like the white rims, all the others I seen had yellow rims. Take lots of pictures, if all looks good I'll have to get you to hook me up with one.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 PM
mooman007uk

no problem bud, got it stripped and am impressed (and I don't impress easily) with build quality so far, fit and finish even on this sample preproduction model is on par with my old FG, no slop and well thought out...couple of very minor things that are negligable (bearing in mind this is atest sample) and have been passed onto the factory but overall a very sweet truck...i can't wait to run it.

90 mins for first strip down to this..real easy to work on and of course once i get familiar with it you can cut the time in half

Old 11-26-2009, 01:34 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck,I would like to see one close up someday.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 AM
clubin

NICE!
How are the manuals?
Easy to understand?
BIG looking shocks, I am realy liking the look of that thing.
What kind of wheel hexes do they use?
I like the Helical cut gears.

So what do you think will break first, you are a basher, so you must have aidea.

I can see the Fedex shipping number already.... lol
Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The wheel hex are like the FG they make a adapter to run HPI baja wheels. The manuals are not the best but I have see worse. I do not have the Mega Truck I have the Nutech Thunderbolt II Pro Racer.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:59 AM
mooman007uk

yep shocks are huge...be tough to bend these...what will break first...well i figured the arms but gas jocket beat the piss outta his last week on vid, abused it after the beer started having an affect with some rampage arm and diff breaking special manoevures barrel rolls endos etc and he drove to his pickup and put it away 100% running[X(] so not sure. front shock towers could be a bit beefier but this only weighs 27lb so is only a couple lbs heavier than my old 2wd fgbaja

oh and the handset manual is a bit basic with some funny typos but handset is simple to use...it's exactly the same case as HPI handsets...no doubt it comes out the same factory
Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This 1/8th buggy type chassis design is going to prove once again why it's the best way to build a durable, yet light RC vehicle, only this time it's going to do it at 1/5th scale.

Isn't it funny that it's taken so long for someone to scale up this idea and do it properly. 1/8th buggies have always been (and still are) the most durable RC cars on the market. FG years ago copied an imperfect design from the likes of Raco and Yankee, and for some reason, everybody then copied FG. Then, some 20+ years later, Smartech (a Chinese company that started out cloning stuff) came out with the Titan and Thunderbolt platforms, which while imperfect and a bit cheap, were pioneers in the 1/5th market. Nutech subsequently refined that design, and here we are today. As I said in my TB2review, the agility of the car is stunning, it's like driving a scaled up 1/8th racing buggy (duh...). Talk about a no-brainer from a handling and durability perspective.

Wouldn't it be funny if the European manufacturers caught on to the idea that they should have been copying 1/8th buggies all these years, come out with a chassis design similar to Nutech's, and get called clones! lol. Euro and US clones of Chinese products, that would be funny.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:43 PM
dc2 man
Banned

huh....

time will tell how good these are,when i got my fg it took a lot of work to get it up there,i run my models almost everyday,iwould have to see what its like after a month to comment.

between the two cars i had ONROADS the GT5-R was no where near the fg being honest,in every department,handling grip,etc....

there was far too much slop in parts on the GT5-R.

just because i got a free car to do a review i wont B.s##t about it. im sure an honest opinion is always appreciated.i dont care what it makes me look like no point in hiding the true facts from testing and running.

the facts are what they are.

its a good car compared to a base model carson c5.but i wouldnt put it beside the fg.

as for these trucks i agree with the 1/8th layout being a very proven design.i wou;ld be intrested in seeing how these do.

as you say maybe they will push the envelope in rc design for 1/5th in 4x4 guise.

p.s these are essiential,trust me i have rounded so many wheels/rims in the past,but since i started using these fellas no more a thing of the past,they give the rims great support....especially when a little weight is added,then they most likely would round.

im sure nutech makes something like this or if they dont its an idea.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:51 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

how are the plastic parts compared to the redcat?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
46u

I cannot give s full opinion on my Nutech TBII Pro racer as I do not have it up and running as it is not a RTR. But I can say to this point I am very impressed. NOW KEEP IN MIND including ds2man that these vehicles we got are TEST vehicles. These are not the production models yet!!!!!!! Nutech does some of the MOST extensive R&D and real world testing all around the world and listen to the testers!!!!!!!!!! If all new the truth about some would understand where they are coming from!!!!! I do not know of any small company that goes as far as Nutech goes to get the product RIGHT before mass production! Keep your eye on Nutech as I think in few years or sooner Nutech is going to be a BIG competitor with the big names. No they are not there yet but they KEEP gaining.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:31 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yes i agree.....

nutech are great but all im saying is that i couldnt compare a GT5-R to a 3000euro /competition/evo chassis.

but ill tell you something its awesome for what it is and far supresses a lot of competition models out there.

strong alloy i can say that.

my GT5-R was a test veichle also so the car wasnt in production until it got a good hammering first,that is one thing i also liked about nutech they get feedback from the people that matter,CUSTOMERS.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
mooman007uk

the plastic is different to the redcat and after seeing Gas jockey tumble his big time with no breakages I'll say it's way stronger...as soon as I get mine rebuilt i'm I'll be testing out the arm strength with my particular driving style

personally I'd take this truck over anything FG has currently on offer, my fgbaja had over 3 1/2 grand into it and still cacked everytime I ran it ( never rounded off a square though) and i know, dc ,you spent a fortune on yours as well but guarenteed if you let me loose with it on a few jumps it'd not last long either...like I said my new MT will be getting no easy life so we'll see how extreme bashing affects it which 99% of people who buy them wont be doing.
One thing i can say is the nutechs jump really well...extremely well balanced for maximum altitude attempts[sm=bananahead.gif]
And it's kinda unfair to judge a $1350 gt5r to a $3000 FG...that's like a ford fiesta to a M5 beamer
Old 11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah but not everybody wants to jump all the time,on tracks the jumps are layed out so cars usually land flat.

anything will break with enough bashing.

i dont know how you could choose it over any fg yet as you just got it...but we shall wait and see what your opinion is when you test it and get some vids,more than likely by the looks of it all will be great.

i agree about what you said about compairing the GT5-R to an evo or such thats why i said that cause it annoys me when people compare them that way here the whole time
Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Obeast44

If its Moo proof, Id be tempted to buy one.

I have a few questions for ya. What "size" is the steering servo, HPI SFL size or say Rhino size? What about chassis flex? I know there isnt a side mount pipe, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal. It just looks like it'd have more flex. After dealing with my Rampage MT pro and the chassis flex it has, I know I want a very solid platform to be mounting my engines
How much clearance is there for a rear exit pipe? Does it have a true center diff? Front and rear brake bias adjustable? What size are the shock shafts? Are the Shock ends threaded and available seperately? I have a few more questions, but they can wait.

My MT Pro/Truggy weighs in at 34lbs fully loaded. Thats with 2 steering servos, a DDM Side dom , a full load of fuel and all aluminum upgrades available. Thats not that much heavier than the Nutech.

Also any pics of the Baja adaptors?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
mooman007uk

Dan I honestly even prefer my rampage over my old FG: bigger, faster, cheaper to fix 4x4, and tougher and after taking gas jockeys NMT for a spin i can already say i'll take the nutech too as it's leaps and bounds ahead of the rampage...yes i agree i have not had a chance to torture test it yet but that's coming and yes everything will break check my sig if i can't break it it can't be broke but i don't believe anything has been made yet that is totally mooproof...i just get my jollies from hammering on stuff...my brain; probably warped by substances taken in my early years, is always saying to me, "watch this then" and "go on see if you can do this" (why i don't ride motorbikes anymore cos i don't mend as well as i used to [&:] ) so when i see an oppotunity to push it i can't help myself...i'm not easily pleased...hope that makes sense.

OBeast.... steering servo is hitec 5745, digi4 size, chassis flex is way less the braces are pretty meaty though there is a bit of flex in the middle but don't sse it as a problem as yet and the pro versions have 7075 alu compared to standard model 6061 so i doubt they'll flex any..time will tell but don't think it'll inhibit side pipe mounting...i got a 5b side propipe coming so we'll soon know, rear mount pipe not a lot of room though rckiwi has modded a 5b rear dom with success on his tb2, shock shafts are 6mm and threaded ends which available seperately but the A-arms have droop stop screws so over extension wont be an issue. my ramp MT weighs 37lb dry the nutech is 27lb wet so huge difference there, my TT was 31lb..even at 7lb difference it's 21% lighter which is a massive difference

46u has the 5b adapters so should be able to post them up...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

I like what I see from the nutech all alloy setups.... I like the pricing... I'm keeping an eye out on your post and the tb II post... I like what I see and cant wait for both of you to comment on them but I find it very hard to buy their product due to the size of the company and some of the inconsistent support I've read about. : /
Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 PM
mooman007uk

the support is so far 100%, remember they are a new company seperate from smartech but they are 1 on 1 and acting on all feedback, chris, the owner wants the product to be as good as possible...nutech are going to surprise alot of people pretty quickly...I'll keep posting as it happens...in the middle of rebuild at the mo
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Obeast44

Definitely keep me posted Moo.I love my Rampages, but im always looking for something better.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I find it very hard to buy their product due to the size of the company and some of the inconsistent support I've read about. : /
How many people have you heard saying anything bad about Nutech support?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 AM
rckiwi

Hey Moo & 46u I did have a problem with a couple of my shock shafts un-screwing when in use so a drop of super glue on the threads have fixed that!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:18 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Damn what a good looking machine [8D]

I would seriously consider buying one of those.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:56 AM
mooman007uk

thanks for the heads up there rckiwi...i'll make sure I do that.

Sam it is sweet aint it, powerslide racing is the distributer to hook you up in Oz
Old 11-28-2009, 07:26 PM
mooman007uk

all done, and first run today...apart from the servo saver turning thru 180 when i hit a shed (quick fix and tightened it up) everthing was peachy.
threw on a spare rat body and i'm really liking the look and fits great.

couple of vids running in and driving like a girls blouse...hope to finish run in tomorrow so i can give it some abuse and proper testing[&:]
I'll add this truck even at 1/2 throttle is fast, very nimble and handles very well, soaks up potholes like they weren't even there

sorry my first vid hiiting the shed I balls up and deleted from photobucket by mistake...yoo many beer...bugger
[link]http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00925.flv[/link]
Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 PM
roninx

IM sold im getting one, i hope you don't mind "Moo" but im putting that rat body on mine to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.