Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Model Concepts New 1/5 Scale Cross Over

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Model Concepts New 1/5 Scale Cross Over

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 PM
nutechracingusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Concepts New 1/5 Scale Cross Over

Hi Guys
Got an email from Model Concepts France about there new 1/5 scale Cross Over so Ithough I would share with you, Iam sure most will discover it sooner or later and maybe people can chime in on this but to me it looks like a great unit which I would hope so with the dealer coston these they will not be cheap retail but certainly looks like it will be worth it .

According to the catalog pricing public retail as they refer to it would be around €1496.66 ($2035 US) without and engine or pipe.

Here is a link to the cross over on model concepts website http://www.modelconcept.fr/?cat=559

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 03-05-2010, 01:35 PM
bentley marshall

Default RE: Model Concepts New 1/5 Scale Cross Over

ya dont get much for 2k .......the alloy arms look way to thin i would hate to hit some thing .....looks alot like a fg
Old 03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
nutechracingusa

I would hope you get more then whats in the picture for 2K the price sheet just says no engine or pipe so I am assuming it comes with electronics but I am not sure I don't read a whole lot of French and the translators are almost useless as there is no grammar to them lol.

Some of the Alloy does look pretty thin but with that much alloy one would think they have to save on weight some where lol.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like a bit of FG but mainly, Elcon and Hormann. They should include a pipe though. As for the price.....When you get into REAL race buggies this is what you expect to pay.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
borley1863

2WD! For that price i`d expect at least 4WD[&o]
Guy
Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Apache-

It is 1790 euros, this equals 2440,- USD about
Which is for an all alloy competition car without engine or pipe pretty normal price tag, for sure not steep.
Those cars are made to last as they need to finish the race.
Seems expensive at the start, in fact it is not, but that you will only found out lateron.
If this new brand with a all new car will be any good time will tell.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pricey for what it is. With that kind if money I'd rather get an MCD or something. Nice looking though, it's always fun to see shiney alloy things .
Old 03-05-2010, 05:58 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Pricey for what it is. With that kind if money I'd rather get an MCD or something. Nice looking though, it's always fun to see shiney alloy things .
Haha Ihear ya thats why Ifigured Iwould post it up as it sure does look pretty but its certainly out of my price range unless Iwas going to start competeting hard Ican get alot more for less but just something new I though was interesting as Ihave been following there parts for some time now and even the parts are very expensive but sure look nice.

ORIGINAL: Apache
It is 1790 euros, this equals 2440,- USD about
Which is for an all alloy competition car without engine or pipe pretty normal price tag, for sure not steep.
Those cars are made to last as they need to finish the race.
Seems expensive at the start, in fact it is not, but that you will only found out lateron.
If this new brand with a all new car will be any good time will tell
I just listed the price without the VAT with VAT included which is taxes and everything yes its actually €1790.00 which certainly doesn't make it any cheaper lol. That might be a pretty common price overseas but in US dollars you can get nice Nutech, MCD, HPI, FG ect for under$2440 with a engine pipe and electronics but certainly something different, I am not saying its not worth it but certainly has a higher price tag then most full alloy roller products but I would be willing to bet its a very durable unit and will give you a lot of fun for $2440 for those that are in that kind of a market ..

+1 to Model Concepts France they have some great looking product

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
mooman007uk

it's in the price range of the cleon and lauts and probably less than a fully spec'd horman.. high dollar racing stuff...uses elcon geartrain by the looks of it
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
dc2 man
Banned

that is very similar to what i would call a 2wd elcon cleon....
Old 03-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Nutech GmbH

I like the wing! Cool![8D]
Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Apache-

the wings look nice but break easy, some better material would be good
Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Nutech Racing

ORIGINAL: Apache-

the wings look nice but break easy, some better material would be good
That is a new car, not in the market yet, how can you know the wing break easy?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Apache-

Because many use them in racing, but also quite many break immediately at some simple thumble.
For example on the Harm BX3 at both the waldrane and WES international races this happened.
Ok the temp was down around 0~10 degrees so that is a bit of a factor but still if all other wings hold up than it leaves for me just one conclusion.

The nutech wings do not withstand much impact, shame because the shape is not bad.
Probably cheap regenerated material used, instead of a choosing good quality dupont or dsm material?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:01 PM
bentley marshall

ORIGINAL: Apache-

The nutech wings do not withstand much impact, shame because the shape is not bad.
Probably cheap regenerated material used, instead of a choosing good quality dupont or dsm material?
Nutech wings are strong ass never seen one broken yet . We had 5-6 nutechs at our track and a few guys running them on bajas .....Apache you dont know what you are talking about
Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Apache-

You will find out once the temp drops under 10 degrees celcius.
I am not trolling or talking a product bad, just state facts.
I am not a plastic expert, but know quite a bit about polymers and for sure not an impact resistant PA6 or PA66 was used here.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
darker_

total rubbish i have been running in -3 in the uk and not broke a nutech wing yet
Old 03-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Apache-

We have been racing at both waldrane and wes international races. It is a simple fact that they broke in the race. I am happy you did not had any broken wing yet, but the harm team and elcon team who uses these wings on their cars had them broken. Driving on a bit of land is fully different then attending races so to compare this makes no sense.
5pcs at the waldrane and 3 pcs at the wes were wrecked.
it seems when the temp is getting closer to zero the wings are more prone to braking, which is quite logical for plastics.
But it is a fact that other wings did hold up in the races and about half of the nutechs did not. Maybe a bad batch, who knows.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Apache-

We have been racing at both waldrane and wes international races. It is a simple fact that they broke in the race. I am happy you did not had any broken wing yet, but the harm team and elcon team who uses these wings on their cars had them broken. Driving on a bit of land is fully different then attending races so to compare this makes no sense.
5pcs at the waldrane and 3 pcs at the wes were wrecked.
it seems when the temp is getting closer to zero the wings are more prone to braking, which is quite logical for plastics.
But it is a fact that other wings did hold up in the races and about half of the nutechs did not. Maybe a bad batch, who knows.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:56 AM
clubin

Lets see a picture Apache. I have been following the NuTech brand for quite some time now, and I have never herd about a broken wing. I'll believe you when I see a picture.

Zero, that is a cool looking model. It is hard to get a idea of what the body looks like till it is painted. Nice helical cut gears, looks like real good quality stuff.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
darker_

Being a fully sponsored team driver myself, I agree racing is very different to driving on a piece of land as you put it. And at the level of racing you're talking the drivers really shouldn't be crashing as much, to do this sort of damage to wings. As for how durable the wing is, in this instance I'd rather take a bashers word for it than a racers, as they give them more stick than a racer does (in this country anyway) Are you sure they were genuine Nutech wings and not copies?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM
nutechracingusa

I am sure it is like anything it will break eventually it all does but as far as I know they are just copies of the Nutech wing so as far as material goes the only way to know is to ask Model Concepts. The design looks awsome and they did a good job coping the Nutech wing but all in all its still the highest point on the top of the body so 9 times out of 10 in a roll over the wing and wing mount are the first thing to start absorbing the impact. For the price of Nutech replacement wings $12 http://www.zerogravityrc.com/wingset.aspx its not something that really concerns me if they do, they are cheap enough to have a couple on hand and repair them as they crack if they ever do.

P.S clubin those helical cut gears do look amazing that's the first thing that stuck out to me when I saw these pictures in my email  lol!!!!

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
mooman007uk

I am not a plastic expert, but know quite a bit about polymers and for sure not an impact resistant PA6 or PA66 was used here.
you should let FG know what plastic to use while you're at it...their wings break just by looking at them...lost count of how many i broke on my FGbaja
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
fastedie

I had this spoiler also on my Cleon, and he broke in my final at the WES bokaal. It was the only part of the car that not survived the 3 days racing I have no picture, because i am not taking a broken spoiler at home
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 PM
darker_

again Are you sure they were genuine Nutech wings and not copies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.