Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

SIG RISER 78" CG LOCATION?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 PM
airforced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG RISER 78" CG LOCATION?

Ive search alot of places and couldnt find the cg location of the riser 2 meter kit. I have one built and am putting an O.S. 15 on it, chopping the nose, and putting landing gear on it. Im building it for my father so he can learn on it, and build up his confidence in rc..

CG Point anyone???

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
slopemeno
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: SIG RISER 78" CG LOCATION?

I'd probably start by balancing it on the spar, then see what the engine-off gliding performance is like. I'd wager that the best performance would be with the CG about 1/4"-3/8" behind the spar.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM
rcted

Hi,

I just found my Riser plans. The balance point is 2 3/4 inches aft of the leading edge. That puts it right on the aft plywood doubler on the wing center section. The manual says to fly the first couple of flights with the balance point 1/8 of an inch forward of that point. Hope this helps, and I'm not too late.

rcted
Old 01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
JohnAgnew2978

Plans always show a conservative CG. Start with what they recommend, then slowly and gradually move it rearward and performance will usually improve. Use something easily removable (like lead shot) so you can remove it!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
JohnAgnew2978

The key is to start forward and move aft, so your nose weight has to be removable.