Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Epp Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 07:08 PM
StormGald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epp Help Me

I have a tg-3 by Daves Aircraft Works and I am a solo learner and it has taken one to mamny hard landings and has broken the foam and what should I do? It is broke in front of the wing slot and in fround kinda in to 3 pices like the fuse,section1 and sec 2 and what should I do? I am going to try to spray it with the glue and tape it up with straping tape if that don't work... Think I could put the wings on a broom stick thats light and zip tie my radio gear on and cut a v out of the back of the handle and make it a v tail?

For Info on my plane can be found at

http://www.davesaircraftworks.com/thermal.htm
Then look for TG-3

Thanks

Stormgald
Old 05-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Jack Hyde
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Epp Help Me

I had a TG-3 - my first RC plane. It too took a beating while I tried to learn to fly. The foam is mostly there to define shape and take comression loads. First remove the covering and tape all around the broken areas. Then you can spray the broken ends with 3m77, carefully stick them back together. Next retape and cover. The tape and glue will hold the works together. It won't even be any uglier than it was when it was new.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:12 PM
StormGald

Default Epp Help Me

LOL your telling me even my rx and servos look like they have taken a beating too my parents are pissed hehe what can I say :P I am 16 hehehe
Old 05-30-2003, 06:23 AM
probligo

Default Epp Help Me

Might I suggest that a little modification of attitude could help in the mending process as well. Especially if you want your parents to assist with replacing the "mashed bits". Like I would not trust the Rx crystal - replace that for starters. Like what is the battery pack like? Tested it? Do it. Work right through the whole electronics and get it checked thoroughly...before you mash someone or their kid.

I will tell you for free that if one of my kids (they are now 30 and 27) came home with a wrecked racing bike and thought it a joke there would be little in the way of sympathetic hearing from me. The value would be about the same...US$250?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:34 PM
StormGald

Default Umm

Well it's funny for the fact that they helped me bash it :P and that I am geting it fixed!!!!