Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Where to buy coaxil helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Where to buy coaxil helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Adam4xZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy coaxil helicopter

Im looking to buy a coaxil helicopter in stores.

Also what model is best for a 12 year old buy with little to no experince.(Indoors, durable, good fly time compared to charge time).
Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Raycamaro

Default RE: Where to buy coaxil helicopter

E-flite Scout. $50 at hobby stores, durable and repairable. Anything for less is junk.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Mack66

E-Flites are probably your best bet. It the 12yo likes it, be ready to get you wallet out, cuz he'll want more better and bigger. The Rx on the Scout doesn't communicate with regular 2.4 transmitters, but that's okay. The nice thing about E-flite is that you get good tech support from Horizon, and parts may be available from your LHS. If not, mail order is usually very good, you just need to lay in some spare parts that typically get broken such as blades and shafts.

I didn't know the Scout existed! It's a cute little guy. Maybe my grandson "needs" one?

Mack
Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Adam4xZ

Im looking at the Blade mCX2. Would that be a good E-Flite? I just don't want to buy a bad one, I got him one last year and it took 10 hours to charge for 30 minutes of flight, and broke from hitting the wall once.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
MattyWhite

Hi Adam4xZ, Here is the site you can buy and choose different kinds of coaxial helicopter this are for beginners like you http://www.hobby-estore.com/Coaxial-...ter-s/1106.htm. Hope you can choose the best for you and the one that you really want. Enjoy flying!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Adam4xZ

Im looking into a E-Flite, and I can't find any to my knowledge on that website, since they have been recomended so much and best reputation on reviews.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Mack66

Sooner or later you just have to decide and jump in there. You will be pleased, regardless. It's lots of fun and you will learn all kinds of things.

Mack
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM
spoonerrw

i just checked out that link that mattywhite posted... the ESKY Lama looks really nice and at a really good price. decent size, nice looks, looks to fly very well and stablein the video. hmmmm... i might have to pick one of these up and practice with it before going on with my HoneyBee FP.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:20 PM
drobin

My grand daughter has the e-sky lima and she likes it. Parts are available at helidirect.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 PM
spoonerrw

i already have the training gear and extra batteries that will work with both, so i am going to get the Lama and train with it, then go on to my HoneyBee. seems like a wise idea.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:32 AM
mmcauliffe

ORIGINAL: Adam4xZIm looking at the Blade mCX2. Would that be a good E-Flite? I just don't want to buy a bad one, I got him one last year and it took 10 hours to charge for 30 minutes of flight, and broke from hitting the wall once.
Adam - Just yesterday I bought an E-Flight Blade MCX (not the MCX2) having never flown an RC heli. Once I had everything plugged in I was holding a hover in less than 5 minutes. Lots of crashes since yesterday trying to get fancy but no broken parts...yet. This thing is a blast.

I'm sure you already know, but just to save you an extra trip back to the store incase you don't, whatever helicopter you buy be sure to buy a RTF rather than a BNF (RTF = Ready To Fly, BNF = Bind and Fly). The RTF comes with a radio controller/handset, the BNF does not.

PS: When I see a crash coming I throttle back quickly and basicly let it hit the floor. If you run any of these choppers into a wall full steam I imagine somethings gonna break.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
spoonerrw

just ordered my ESKY Big Lama (Green one)from XHELI.com... $97.50 ready to fly out of the box with transmitter, batteries, charger, everything! it even includes an extra set of upper and lower blades. they have the red one for $119 but this one comes with a free aluminum carrying case for your Heli/transmitter which is actually a great value, but i liked the green one .
good luck on your choice and happy flying!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 PM
mmcauliffe

ORIGINAL: Adam4xZ

took 10 hours to charge for 30 minutes of flight, and broke from hitting the wall once.
PS: I forgot to mention. The battery that came with the unit charges fully in 20 minutes or so for around 10 minutes of flying time.