Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Real Flight G2 - what does third switch do?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Real Flight G2 - what does third switch do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:07 PM
day_fiend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Flight G2 - what does third switch do?

On the interlink controller, the switch right above the left stick. What does it do? I circled the part it changes on the simulator in the attatched picture. I just don't know what AER means.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10423.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	146284  
Old 06-22-2004, 05:10 PM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

Default RE: Real Flight G2 - what does third switch do?

Unsure what AER stands for but the switch above the left hand stick on G2 on my controller is my idle up 1 & 2 switch. It clicks two times. Normal mode is for taking off, landing and hovering etc but flicking the switch up one or two clicks put it into Idle up which is what you use when flying 3D i.e inverted etc etc. You will notice that in idle up mode the the engine revs dont change much when the throttle stick is moved. The engine stays reving fast but the pitch of you blades changes from full negitive at bottem stick (so you can fly inverted) to full postive at top stick.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:19 PM
day_fiend

Yeah, I figured that one out. I always mess around with idle up when I get sick of trying to hover. I just don't get what that AER is... it doesn't seem to make any difference in the way the helicopter behaves or anything.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:40 PM
ozsteel

Hi, the switch you are referring to is on the front face of the TX on the left. It is a "dual rate" switch. When it is off the servo travel is reduced so any control movement is "smaller" and the heli will react more slowly to cyclic movements for example. When it is on and the "AER" is seen on the graphic it is set to "larger" servo travel and so smaller stick movements are needed to get the same result as before. Its good to start with it "off" but once you are more confident to turn it on. It becomes almost easier to fly because you have a wider range of control.

Hope this helps

PS the switch on the top left is the idle-up switch and has three positions: Normal, Idle Up 1 and Idle up 2. As a beginner its best to fly with the switch in the normal position and leave Idle up for later.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:30 PM
day_fiend

Ah, I see. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:59 PM
iflynething

As you can see, you have one person that uses it for idleup and the other for dual rate.

I will tell you that right when I got the sim, I flew the heli, and flipped the switch, that is throttle hold. Well, that is what it is on mine, I dont' know about others. But you can really set it up any way you want it.

I didn't even think about it as being idle up and normal being it only 2 postitions....Like I said, when I first got the sim, the idle up was on the left switch when it is in the middle position and normal for all the way up or all the way down......

I think that I might have to switch the idle up from the left to the right.....
Old 06-28-2004, 12:11 AM
NZ-Kiwi flyer

Michael, just keep the switches the same as what is on your 7C or what ever you have at the moment. Most heli trans have the idle up on the left and throttle hold along with the engine kill on the right. Its pointless changing them and then having to learn all over again when you fly the real thing.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:38 PM
iflynething

ORIGINAL: NZ-Kiwi flyer

Michael, just keep the switches the same as what is on your 7C or what ever you have at the moment. Most heli trans have the idle up on the left and throttle hold along with the engine kill on the right. Its pointless changing them and then having to learn all over again when you fly the real thing.
Well, that's what I was planning on doing......because on that 7C, you can assign the switches, one feature which I love.......

I'm going better on making my money though for my Rappy.....I have about 7 grasses to cut this week; about $160 and if I can do that one more time....I might be able to get my heli sooner than I thought......plus my mom owes me $60 and my dad and brother $10.....so.....I'm gettin there and the sim is really helping me out....