Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

JR VENTURE 30

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 04:13 AM
AVIATOR135
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR VENTURE 30

GUY'S, WOULD ANYONE RECOMMEND UPGRADING MY 30 TO A 50 OR GOING TO THE 60 SIZE?
PROS AND CONS OF THIS THOUGHT? I LOVE MY VENTURE 30 WITH TAIL MOUNTED SERVO, HEADER TANK, CARBON TWIN BOOM SUPPORT, GLASS BLADES. TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO, I'M STILL A NEWB! I WANT MORE STABILITY AND POWER FOR FUTURE 3D. I HAVE OVER 100 HRS OF COMP. HELI TIME ON THE G-2 AND WANT A MACHINE I CAN GROW WITH, NOT OUT GROW! I'VE BEEN IN THE AIR FOR 10 YRS. JUST NOT HELI'S.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Charlie

Default RE: JR VENTURE 30

It all depends on how much money you want to spend. A 60 will have a little more power and stability then the 50, but it's going to be a lot harder on fuel and cost a lot more to fix. A 50 will do just about anything a 60 will do (in the right hands), but it is essayer on fuel and a lot cheaper to fix. If money is not a problem, go for the 60.

P.S
You should take your caps off.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Fly what you have if it is working for you. Much of the aerobatics you see the experts do is based on simple mastery of orientation. Take some time to work on flying forwards, backwards, upside down... Takes a lot of practice to master, but doesn't require much power and there is a lot to be said for cheaper parts less fuel.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Flaps2012

I'm with spaceman on this. You can most likely do the same aerobatics and 3D stuff as the pros, with a helluva lot of practice. But I would imagine that the extra power would help in a tight spot. If you got the extra cash and are ready to burn a little more fuel not to mention pay a little more when you crash, by all means convert it to a 50. If you really want to pay more, get a 60 or a 90... LOL