Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Carbsumer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

ORIGINAL: Capmed07

Just had the motor come off the screw plate, lucky for me I was only hovering at knee high. Has anyone had this problem please see picture???

yeah, that's one of the most common problems. I reglued it and used a thin wire to hold it all together, and it held after that.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Gary Morris

A little red loctite on the mating surfaces works well to hold the motor cap on. Unfortunately Art-Tech has had quality control issues from the beginning. They have gone through a huge growth period with the success of not only the Falcon but also there air planes. As a result of the rapid growth they haven't gotten a handle on there quality control and they have been warned by Hobby Lobby to improve or they will end up like the infamous Yugo, with a bad reputation and loss of sales no matter how great they fly.

Gary
Old 05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Capmed07

No I just landed heavy, before it dropped off, I will try glue and see how it goes.

Many thanks for your quick responce once again

cheers

Mark
Old 05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
mikek0416

all under $75 is $4 shipping for priority mail

www.ka-planes.com
Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Heli Jim

"Just had the motor come off the screw plate, lucky for me I was only hovering at knee high. Has anyone had this problem please see picture???" Quote Capemed07

I had that happen too and Hobby Lobby replaced the whole motor for me at N/C and shipped free.

Call them.........
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Capmed07

Thanks for your reply Heil Jim, but I did not get it from Hobby Lobby as I am in the UK.

I may try the shop I got it from...

Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 PM
YFZALLBLACK

Gotta love Hong Kong!! Is there any easy way to check your equipment for the 35MHZ or 72MHZ equipment???Like for a noob like me. I mean somthing visual that you can tell them apart?? By the way I learned the word "noob" on this forum..gota love it.
ORIGINAL: thermal7

If you buy your heli on Ebay, you might think all is OK with your ready to fly heli out of the box. BEWHERE that you might have a transmitter and receiver that is actually operating on the 35 or 40 MHZ bands which are not allowed here in the USA. I got my Falcon 3D from Hong Kong or 225 plus shipping and my friend got his from Canada for 200 plus shipping. We thought we got good deals but checking the radio equipment with a calibrated frequency scanner, our units came with 35 and 40 MHZ equipment installed. YES, the heli's will fly and you would never know you were out of band until you got hit with a commercial transmitter in these bands. Play it safe and double check your radio equipment if you get it on Ebay. The Hong Kong dealer replaced my equipment but eventhough the installed crystals said 72.850 MHZ, the new radio transmitter and receiver were on 35 MHZ. Factory QA appears unreliable with these EBAY dealers. They are just selling these heli's and you really can't blame them as they may know nothing about radios. Most buyers just believe the labeling and that may not always be right with these Falcon 3D packages. I would be surprised if I were the only person to have gotten non 72 MHZ equipment. Check yours for safety sake. Good luck. I have 2 Falcon 3Ds one with a 72 mhz radio used from Ebay which flies great and another I will be installing a DX-7 system. You may also want to consider the FMA Direct CPD-4 Co Pilot. I am am a heli beginner and have had no crashes yet with only 13 flight sessions under my belt.
Ralph WA6STC
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM
mwwalker

What is the cheapest li-poly charger/balancer out there?, and i'm only getting about 3 or 4 minutes out of the stock 1300 mah battery, can anyone suggest a 2200 mah li-poly that will fit in the tray?, Here's a picture my wife took about 30 minutes ago, i'm finally getting some decent stick time with heli's, I started on a fp phoenix,(dragonfly 4,honeybee) copy, and the falcon is so much more stable and forgiving in norm mode! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36457.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	688998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94287.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	688999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12392.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	689000  
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
DarkSide41

Not sure if it has been posted in the many pages here but there is a [link=http://falcon.np.co.nz/index.php?q=node/1]Falcon 3D website HERE[/link] with tons of info .

I'm still curious if they are being shipped with an updated motor as mine came with a very compact outrunner design . It seems to have tons of power so I am happy with it . What are some serial #'s out there ? Mine is #0012434 purchased on April 20th .
Old 05-21-2007, 09:20 PM
dude54325
Banned

Does anyone know how long it takes to ship them, that is how long do i have to wait??????????[&:][X(][:-][]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 AM
helichuck

I found a nice carrying case at Ace Hardware. It is made by Stack-on DXG-26-1. It is 26" OD
You have to leave the canopy off, but it is a real nice case for 36 bucks.

Here is the link to Ace:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...=Stack-On&sr=1

Chuck

PS, The link to the PDF manual is still not working.
Is there another link to one??

Name:	Qn38448.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	689312  
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
thermal7

Hello. Regarding checking your radio transmitter and receiver to see what frequency it is operating, you can probably trust whatever the crystal frequecy is marked for major brands like JR, Hitec and Futaba. However as reported, I have 2 Air Tech transmitters and companion receivers with crystals marked for 72 mhz and they are not operating on 72 mhz. If your transmitter and receiver are currently operating, you may want to confirm their frequency by changing out your receiver or transmitter for a quick test. Either try a different receiver with the same shift and channel or use a different transmitter with the same shift and channel and preferrably not Air Tech equipment. If you can borrow a synthesized transmitter or receiver, swap it in for a test to confirm your Air Tech equipment frequency. That would be one way to do it without having a wideband scanning receiver to do the check. Trying a non Air Tech 72 mhz transmitter with your Air Tech installed receiver will positively confirm your frequency. Just make sure the proper shift is selected and the correct frequency is dialed in to match the receiver frequency. If you are not getting servo response, your receiver and system IS NOT on 72 mhz. Good luck.
Ralph WA6STC
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Gary Morris

You can download the revised Falcon manual here; http://www.art-tech.cn/english/pdf/3d-helicopter.pdf Art-Tech basically took my revised manual and put it in a PDF format.

Gary Morris
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
YFZALLBLACK

So what you are saying is to take my futaba transmitter and swap the crystal for the art tech transmitter crystal and if I get movement it is truly a 72mhz??.. sounds good to me.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ct420

ORIGINAL: Sportflyr

When the rudder is moved and returned, the servo wants to continue moving slowly the opposite way.
It just doesn't center...at all!

Well, of course it does. This is NORMAL behavior for a heading hold gyro. If it doesn't 'creep' like this, then there is something wrong, or it is in rate mode...

Perhaps I didn't explain well what's going on. While the heli is stationary on it's skids and the battery is plugged in
the servo still seems to hunt off center. Sometimes this is followed by the servo not responding to rudder
input at all. The gyros also don't seem to to initialize half the time as the tell tale light would indicate.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but, I have never seen a gyro continue to hunt in HH mode once the
gyro initializes and the heli is resting still on it's skids. Like I said, could be a bad batch but, the heli's are
truly unflyable and I own a T-rex 450SEv2, Blade CP/CX, Hirobo XRB, and Night Ranger 2. Please, if there is
something here with this heli that makes it different from all others mentioned, I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:17 PM
YFZALLBLACK

I've got it! Gary secretly works for Art-Tech[sm=wink_smile.gif] Just kidding Gary. I want to say for myself and most people on this thread that we are lucky to have someone that is as knowlegable and passionate about this little helicopter as you are. I just want to say thanks for all the time and energy that you put into this.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

P.S. I still have not even recieved my Falcon yet but thanks for the Helicopter Manual PDF
Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
clutchbob

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but, I have never seen a gyro continue to hunt in HH mode once the
gyro initializes and the heli is resting still on it's skids. Like I said, could be a bad batch but, the heli's are
truly unflyable
Mine is rock solid with the stock Tx. But it wasn't, until I discovered that the gain pot on the servo needs to go CCW to increase and you have to remove the channel 5 connection to the Rx (this allows you to adjust the gain at the gyro).
Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
SnowAviation

Here's another alternative for carrying and storing your Falcon. Your local Home Depot has a waterproof case called the FatMax for $29.99 that works great, just trim the styrofoam a bit and everything fits in just fine.
Plus you have a handy tray to carry spare parts and a few tools and it's waterproof.

Name:	Gd93516.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	689769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86238.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	689770  
Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 PM
DarkSide41

ORIGINAL: SnowAviation

Here's another alternative for carrying and storing your Falcon. Your local Home Depot has a waterproof case called the FatMax for $29.99 that works great, just trim the styrofoam a bit and everything fits in just fine.
Plus you have a handy tray to carry spare parts and a few tools and it's waterproof.

Thanks I'll have to pick one of those up . I already have one of the rollaway versions for my race bike and it's held up well .
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Dzaken2800

Today was the first time that I turned on my Falcon 3D and the servos were buzzing. Everything seems to work, but the servos are buzzing. Has anyone else experienced this with there Falcon 3D? Is this normal?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: clutchbob

truly unflyable
Mine is rock solid with the stock Tx. But it wasn't, until I discovered that the gain pot on the servo needs to go CCW to increase and you have to remove the channel 5 connection to the Rx (this allows you to adjust the gain at the gyro).
That's a good piece of info, thanks![8D] I'll have to check them as they go but, that could be
the fix I need to save HL and us a lot of headaches.

Please know, I'm learning a product I'm selling here. I think it's a great package as a whole and I'd love
to recommend it, I'm just having jitters over what I have seen so far. On the first one I forgot
to mention, was returned for ALL servos twitching, not centering and acting eratic.
I believe that was a bad Rx as it was returned to HL. We tested other radios with it and the same thing occured.

Just check 'em before you buy 'em...have the shop use a jumper battery to run the electronics,
unplug ESC, and verify proper control deflections. Better yet, have the shop charge the battery
included to test as a whole.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Dzaken2800

Today I took out my brand new Falcon 3D for the first flight and something wrong went with the tail before the helicopter even lifted. The tail rotor blades flew off the helicopter and the tail pitch slider broke. I have no idea what caused this because nothing even hit the tail. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what is wrong or what happened? Also, does anyone know how I can fix this in a way that it won't happen again?

Here are some pictures of what happened to it:

Name:	Nl30693.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	689947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88344.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	689948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56136.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	689949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo34830.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	689950  
Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Carbsumer

ORIGINAL: Dzaken2800

Today I took out my brand new Falcon 3D for the first flight and something wrong went with the tail before the helicopter even lifted. The tail rotor blades flew off the helicopter and the tail pitch slider broke. I have no idea what caused this because nothing even hit the tail. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what is wrong or what happened? Also, does anyone know how I can fix this in a way that it won't happen again?
Wow, that's some lousy quality control.

There are screws inside each of the blade grips that hold them on. Those screws should have lock-tite on them to keep them from vibrating out, and it sounds like they didn't. Just add some lock-tite to the screws before you replace them. While you're at it, you should do this for all the screws on the heli. I know, not exactly RTF, is it?

I don't know about your tail pitch slider breaking--it's not clear to me how it's broken from the picture.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 AM
YFZALLBLACK

Lock tight is this helis friend Looks like the spinning parts held onto your slider and just snapped it off at the ball joint.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:00 AM
bilboa

ORIGINAL: Dzaken2800

Here are some pictures of what happened to it:

Some more instances of the same thing happening:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4729903
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5330689

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.