Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:59 AM
nuttcaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

man, I keeps spelling it wrong, Ka-Planes.

http://www.ka-planes.com/helicopters?b=1
Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
briz

Bananhobby shipped my item today(took the 9 days from date of order to date of ship)
Old 01-14-2008, 04:11 AM
gmackaone

banana hobby has gotin better ! i order from them all the time! you can make arangments to pick up. all you got to do is e-mail them .!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 AM
gmackaone

areI want to know if you still got the car if you do,and you haven’t touched it after the burnin, call bh or talk to this guy name greg or email him [email protected] he helps!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 AM
elwynrahaman

i too bought from banana hobby ....colco hummer .cant get the stupid thing to work green light on the controller just keeps flashing and wont stop .have sent loads of emails to banana bloody hobby ,but they dont reply[sm=angry.gif][sm=angry.gif]
Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
high flyer 777

Yep, I would let your hobby friends know to stay
away from this web store.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
redvtr1000

4 pages of thread here that are generally negative, I'm surprised these guys are still in business.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Magic Hook

Without knowing anyone in helis I surfed the web for a heli and decided on a Esky CP Belt. I looked at a lot of sites and found the only one that was showing the Belt in stock was Bannana Hobby so I ordered it. THEN I found this forum. I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the info and opnions. After not receiving a tracking number or a email or fax back, and no answer on the phone I have canciled the heli with them. I am contacting the CC company to stop payment.

Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
high flyer 777

You would get your heli from them eventually. But if you
have any kind of issue with it after you purchased it. No
one will return your email, phone call, messages left, or
even a registered letter. (I sent one, it came back. They
would not accept it.)
Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Jasen5

Just a note to those viewing Banana Hobby (BH) site. I ordered three hover crafts on November 22nd 2007. The UPS order tracking number, provided by BH, read shipped within a few days. The tracking number provided was not known to UPS (after researching in January 2008). I also ordered three airsoft tanks and paid for three day delivery, shortly after ordering the hover crafts. The tanks fortunately came, although it was six business days until they arrived. Of the three, one was defective, terret doesn't turn right and one track immediately broke. I'm not the type to complain and I can deal with the small problems such as repairing the track. I did not attempt to return them since I have to date not received any response as to the outright fraud on the hover crafts. I would strongly advise against using this firm. It appears to be shell out of LA county, CA, based on the telephone number or implied address. The actual township where this telephone number is registered knows nothing of the business. You won't get a response from BH email or voice mail.

The parent is also non-responsive. I believe they are a Hong Kong firm. I only saw some warnings after I didn't get the tanks when I expected them to arrive. I would guess this is someone working from home as a redistributor and doing a very poor job with no customer service ability. I can deal with the loss but I wish there was a better way to get this company off the internet so others don't have the same experience.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
CasualChaos

I cancelled my order with Banana Hobby as well. I bought a Belt CP from my LHS, Ka-planes (Ka-planes.com). They are about an hour from my home and I have been up there a few times. They have a very good reputation on the forums and I can vouch for them personally. They are in the process of converting their hobby shop into a full RC shop which should be complete by Feb. They did not have as many repair parts as I would have liked, but I am sure they will have more once the conversion is complete.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
high flyer 777

www.jaghobbies.com just started carrying the Belt CP
replacement parts.
His shipping costs are very inexpensive too!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 PM
nuttcaze

cpuld always try http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A3828158 for parts
Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 AM
gmackaone

Hey! What happened to ya w/banana hobby tell me I got a hook-up!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Magic Hook

High Flyer,

Its just to bad they have a good website. Of course they had already charged our card but I have contested it as of last night. Besides the extended wait, I just dont want to deal with the worry it may be used equipment. This is supposed to be a fun adventure.

We are now shopping for another heli at some of the sites recomended on this forum.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and it claims another Victom [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
high flyer 777

Yea, it is too bad. I think banana hobby has the best
pics & descriptions of any heli & plane website out there.
They can be beat on some of their prices though.
But they have burned way too many hobbyists when
someone has a defective product or any other issues after
the sale.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
The Codfather

Looks like it's time for Banana to split before they turn off any more good new people !!!!! [:'(]
Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: high flyer 777

Yea, it is too bad. I think banana hobby has the best
pics & descriptions of any heli & plane website out there.
They can be beat on some of their prices though.
But they have burned way too many hobbyists when
someone has a defective product or any other issues after
the sale.
they are virtually a vending machine, you ain't going to get your dollar back from a misfunctioning soda machine are ya?.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
gmackaone

Joseph Reckinger
JOES HOPPY REPAIR AND SAL;ES
9615 GULF BLVBD.
SUITE #302
TREASURE ISLAND FL 33706
US United States
7273637071 [ to my understanding this guy joe rex purchased a boat and parts (not a helicopter) this guy lied to us he did this for the attention to advertise his business what a low life!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Why would anyone ever post anothers personal info on a open forum? Regardless of your feelings towards anyone or what they do I find it damn irresponsible to FLAME another person and publically post thier private data. Shame on you gmack! If you was my kid.......... straight to the moon!
Seriously there isn't any need to publish private info for all to see. By the way........ I am sure he is also thanking you for advertising his business for free on this forum. I don't mind anyone who has a issue with another member and using this forum as a means to discuss a problem. After all, this being an open forum that is the general idea. Would sure like to hear from the guy you are posting about. There are usually 2 sides to every story..................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: ArrowNaughtic

Why would anyone ever post anothers personal info on a open forum? Regardless of your feelings towards anyone or what they do I find it damn irresponsible to FLAME another person and publically post thier private data. Shame on you gmack! If you was my kid.......... straight to the moon!
Seriously there isn't any need to publish private info for all to see. By the way........ I am sure he is also thanking you for advertising his business for free on this forum. I don't mind anyone who has a issue with another member and using this forum as a means to discuss a problem. After all, this being an open forum that is the general idea. Would sure like to hear from the guy you are posting about. There are usually 2 sides to every story..................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
ditto
Old 01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Magic Hook

FYI Update.

After I contested the charge, the next day I received a email stating that the heli was on its way with a tracking number. That tracking number had a address several states away from mine. After I replied to them saying I was still contesting the charge and that I did not live in MN I received another email / tracking number with my address. Scheduled delivery date is the 22nd. I will post on that later.

This was supposed to be fun.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:15 AM
kjahc

re :banana hobbys
i am very pleased with banana hobbies payed the money and the su 27 flanker came within 5 days well packed and looking pristiene thankyou banana hobbies
best regards kenneth coutts
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Magic Hook

Okay, to complete my origional post.

My heli came 12 days after origional order. Brand new, order in full. I did stop my cc complaint tonight. Its just to bad their communication is so darn lousy.

I am happy its here. Thanks for your ear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.