Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 AM
acbleser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Ah yes, I see the theme continues - Banana Hobby continues to steal from people and not deliver product. I am still waiting on a refund and/or a plane from them for an order placed 12/18. Beware.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
REPOMANTH

I PAID FOR A HUGHES 500XROTOR CAMO HELICOPTER FROM BANANA HOBBY AND GOT RIPPED OFF .THEY SHIPPED IT TO ME BROKEN AND SCRATCHED UP .YOU COULD TELL SOME ONE CRASHED IT .I SENT IT BACK AND THEY PUT NEW BODY ON IT AND SHIPPED IT TO ME,THIS TIME SOME ONE TOOK THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES OUT OF BOX,FINALLY IT SHOWS UP WITH BATS,BUT STILL BROKEN /WONT FLY,I PAID FOR SHIPPING 3 TIMES,LONG DISTANCE CALLS ,THEY HUNG UP ON ME AND PUT ME ON HOLD FOR EVER ,NOT COMING BACK TO PHONE,SOMETIMES THEY ANSWER,SAYING HOLD WHILE I FIND YOUR ACCT.,AND NEVER COME BACK.I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ,I'LL NEVER BUY ON LINE AGAIN,NO WAY.$146.39 PLUS .(GONE........)AND IT'S NOT THE MONEY .THOSE COWARDS DON'T WORRY ABOUT FACING YOU,THEY KNOW MOST PEOPLE ARE OUT OF TOWN.(CAROLINA).WHAT A SCAM.LUCKY FOR THEM I'M NOT IN CA...........
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
REPOMANTH

I PAID FOR A HUGHES 500XROTOR CAMO HELICOPTER FROM BANANA HOBBY AND GOT RIPPED OFF .THEY SHIPPED IT TO ME BROKEN AND SCRATCHED UP .YOU COULD TELL SOME ONE CRASHED IT .I SENT IT BACK AND THEY PUT NEW BODY ON IT AND SHIPPED IT TO ME,THIS TIME SOME ONE TOOK THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES OUT OF BOX,FINALLY IT SHOWS UP WITH BATS,BUT STILL BROKEN /WONT FLY,I PAID FOR SHIPPING 3 TIMES,LONG DISTANCE CALLS ,THEY HUNG UP ON ME AND PUT ME ON HOLD FOR EVER ,NOT COMING BACK TO PHONE,SOMETIMES THEY ANSWER,SAYING HOLD WHILE I FIND YOUR ACCT.,AND NEVER COME BACK.I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ,I'LL NEVER BUY ON LINE AGAIN,NO WAY.$146.39 PLUS .(GONE........)AND IT'S NOT THE MONEY .THOSE COWARDS DON'T WORRY ABOUT FACING YOU,THEY KNOW MOST PEOPLE ARE OUT OF TOWN.(CAROLINA).WHAT A SCAM.
ORIGINAL: saj1225

Hello Everybody

My name is Scott and my Wife purchased a Lynx 380XL electric Helicopter from Banana Hobby.com. Boy was that a mistake!!! I live in Indiana which the weather has been crummy for the past couple of months. Just yesterday It was warm enough for me to go outside to try it out, that was a bigtime laugh. I unfortunately found out it had a faulty receiver, man am I ticked, their website said that you only have 30 day to return merchandise upon their approval ofcourse. I tried to call them after e-mailing them and they don't answer their telephone, they are worthless in my opinion. It was stated in the email that I sent them that I did not find this out until 2 months after the purchase date. My telephone number was on the email for repsonse ofcourse but they will probably figure they screwed me and laugh it off. I am just going to tell anyone who is considering the purchase of a RC Helicopter beware of Banana Hobby. This Helicopter was purchased for me as a Birthday gift - oooohhhh boy -Happy Birthday!!!! - Also I would like to add they have a rep with the BBB of California - under Elite Hobby. I have not got a chance to tell my Wife yet, man is she going to be............
Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
GreenMutt

Welcome back to another chapter of "As the Banana Turns". I posted a while back that I had purchased a heli from Banana and got burned with a bad transmitter (TX) and that they never answered phone calls, emails, etc. We've all be there, know they story and got the scars, blah, blah, blah. Well today I received a package from Banana with a "new" TX. I was all kids of . Then I examined the TX a little closer and discovered the right stick was stuck and there were scratches all over the case [X(]. I opened the TX case and found the cause of the stuck stick, it was the right part of the circuit board[:@] which had broken off and become lodged in the controls. The weenies at Banana had not only sent me a used TX, but a trashed one at that. I might have considered the possibility, that maybe the TX was damaged during shipping, except for the fact that it still had a name engraved on the bottom and the dirt on the inside of the radio didn't come from the bubble wrap!

Greenmutt
Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Wow, what a bunch of tools they are. I just checked the BBB and it looks like they have squeaked out a passing grade of "C-". C-, confidence inspiring isn't it?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
sanman55

This is unbelievable.........wow.... I go to their site on rcgroups all the time and give them hell. I was just starting to feel a small sign of hope and then I read this.. You need to send a report to the BBB.. I know its a pain but they need to be reported for this.....
I was close to ordering but not now.......
Old 02-20-2009, 08:34 AM
j301

You're right sanman, think I will take the 5 min. tonight to report my dealings with the bad 'nana. If more of us do, it may not get us our money back but it will hurt their business on some level. I admit my motive is more toward 'revenge' for lack of a better word, although I do think helping others to not get taken would be a positive side effect to a somewhat selfish motive.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 PM
scorchy72

Geez...I ordered a twin ducted plane on Feb 24. Then I find all these negative comments. I checked BBB and they are rated NR with three complaints in the last 3 months. Wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered. Oh well,
maybe I'll get lucky.[&:]
Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Lithonion

ORIGINAL: scorchy72

Geez...I ordered a twin ducted plane on Feb 24. Then I find all these negative comments. I checked BBB and they are rated NR with three complaints in the last 3 months. Wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered. Oh well,
maybe I'll get lucky.[&:]
I have ordered two planes in the past month and both shipped out about 3 to 4 days after I ordered. First one no probs and the second had a broken tail and has already been replaced. I don't think you have to worry I know alot have had issues and some worse then others. The company has been moved to a larger facility with more staff so I think things should improve for everyone in the future. I dont work for BH, I am not associated with them I just have not had anything real bad happen and have always had good service sence Pete has taken over. I think you will be a ok on the plane. Did you get the A-10??
Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
scorchy72

I think you will be a ok on the plane. Did you get the A-10??
Yes, I ordered the A10. Was impressed with the brushless motors, upgraded battery and control. Also like the steerable nose wheel. Hope it arrives with no problems. I have called
BH and someone answered the phone.
Told them of my concerns with the info I'd read on the blogs. I was given the option of cancelling my order, I said no and was given a personal email address to contact if I have additional concerns. Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
bad400

ive shot e-mails to pete on numerous occasion`s
hes always answered them in the same day
Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
REPOMANTH

IF BH GAVE YOU A "PERSONAL "E-MAIL ADDRESS ( SO WHAT ), THEY GIVE EVERYBODY THAT ...LET ME GUESS (TAYLOR @BH.COM.) THEY ALSO GIVE THEIR PERSONAL ADDRESS FOR BUSSINESS,AND A PHONY FAX #,AND A GOOD SCREWING TO GO WITH IT ...THEY DON'T HAVE A SHIPPING DEPT. I'VE SEEN THERE OPERATION;THEY ARE IRESPONSIBLE KIDS ,YOU'LL SEE ,[&:] KEEP MESSING WITH THEM ,GOOD LUCK.(READ THE BLOGS)BEWARE.......I REPORTED THEM TO BBB.FOR WHAT THAT 'S WORTH.SEE YA ,REPO.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 AM
REPOMANTH

He replied to my e-mail too. but he lied ..........................................said ,it's his understanding that BH has a "delivery currier "that has been opening up the packages ,and playing with the orders .their checking into that now,to see how they can better resolve my complaint and request for refund .he he he ,yea !ok.($146.00) I'M SCREWED..................................
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
j301

Is it just me or does anyone else see the cycle starting over again here?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
sanman55

May the circle be unbroken...........
Old 03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
bender73

just an FYI. i purchased an Esky Dauphin from BH and they shipped within 3 days to MA. got it yesterday. packaged well. brand new. excellent out of the box. charged it up and got it to hover easily after i got over my fear as a Noob!!!

they charged me twice (i thought), but it was just an authorization. i called and the phone was busy, but i did their live chat and they were really nice. they even emailed me a copy of their info to show 1 charge. they did this ASAP and were very helpful.

all in all, it was an excellent experience from service to the product.

i was really nervous after reading about them here AFTER i ordered. if this is what we can all expect from now on then i would have no issues ordering from them again.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
scorchy72

bender73 ....

Glad it went well for you. My order of an A10 took way to long. I received a UPS tracking number on a Friday and by the next Wednesday it still hadn't shipped and neither calls or emails would get me information. So... I cancelled the order and 2 days later it shipped.
In the mean time, I decided on something else so refused the shipment and it returned to them. Talked to Pete and he was understanding and agreed to a refund upon receipt. The refund was processed Thursday.

It seems they are trying to change their image. I will consider them in the future when shopping.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
bender73

now is Pete the same guy in the videos? man he makes that dauphin look REAL easy to fly!!! what is his role?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
REPOMANTH

If you havent received a refund yet ,don't bet on it untill you have it .i'm still waiting on mine...................no reply yet.!my e-mails are unanswered.....!they ripped me off.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
scorchy72

bender73...
I don't know if Pete is the fellow in the videos.

repomanth....
I just checked my Discover card. The refund has been credited, less the one way shipping charge. I'm satisfied.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:43 AM
jhawk22

NOBODY should be content with saying 'they ripped me off', these people are running a scam on scam business and the only way to fight it is with the law. Untill banana starts shipping from a ship on international waters (which should be soon) do all you can to get your money back, I threatened them with my lawyer on more than one occassion and this solved my issues with badnana instantlly. I don't have a lawyer..
Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 AM
bender73

ORIGINAL: jhawk22

NOBODY should be content with saying 'they ripped me off', these people are running a scam on scam business and the only way to fight it is with the law. Untill banana starts shipping from a ship on international waters (which should be soon) do all you can to get your money back, I threatened them with my lawyer on more than one occassion and this solved my issues with badnana instantlly. I don't have a lawyer..
i don't doubt you're frustrated, but how do you explain all of the other GOOD service by BH? one could say best buy is a scam. there is a whole website dedicated to how bad best buy is! that said, there are a lot of people who have had a very good experience there at best buy.

i dunno. all i can say is that BH delivered quickly as promised.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:25 AM
sanman55

There is a very simple answer to this, DO NOT BUY FROM BH... take your lumps and warn others and do report to the BBB.
There are a lot of satisified customers out there, but there are way too many that are not happy.
People should read all they can on any company they do business with.
There is NO excuse at all form one complaint that read' their replacment controler was broken and had someones name scratched on the case..........that alone would keep me from buying....
The thing is that like I said some are happy but when you read stories like that , and that they admitted that someone was opening the kits and playing with them.....
If you read all this and still want to buy than do...
I have never heard of buying from best buy and found that someones name was scratched on the unit........
I just had a bad experience from Acer computers.. it took me hours of conversation and sending my unit back 3 times to get it fixed.
But I was always able to talk to someone and they did pay all shipping to and from and finally they did fix my problem..
Their are just too many gross errors that have occurred with BH for me.
So all that being said if you read all the problems and still order then ok.. buyer beware.
Even Barney Madoff was loved by all for 25 years, a good christian ect. and now he will spend the rest of his life in jail.
I am sure their were some complaints but all said look what he is doing for me.
I know this is extreme example ....
There are many good sites out their to order from, where you can call and order from.
I just got the mini heli, fire strike pro from tower hobbies.
The charging lite would not go out and I called on that., I was worried about it 0vercharging.
Talked to the tech guy and he said he would send me a new kit.. I asked what do you want me to do with the one I had. He said keep it for spare parts. It was $ 50 and $10 shipping. Now thats service you can't beat....
Now BH does have a C rating and thats not bad, but from what I have seen thats not enough.
Bottom line, if you like them then buy, if not don't........Oh, I got my toy from tower in 4 days ,from the time I ordered...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 AM
dude7422

hay i just figured out a way to flating the banana he is using copy writed music
in this ads lol let the AMA know they will fix him or her real good
Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 AM
bender73

from the research i have done, every place should be avoided! i have searched and found complaints about other places and also found that many different sites are run by the same place.

i don't have a good answer.

i have had horrid problems with...

Charter Communications
Directv
Sallie Mae
and many other companies

Search the net and it seems everyone complains about everyone and you can find lots of bad stories. people SELDOM post about good experiences because we always just "expect" it.

i am a NooB and bought from BH just because they seemed good and my bro-in-law told me about them. i got what i paid for. it flew right out of the box nicely and i was able to take it outside and fly it for awhile on my 3rd charge ever as a new 4-channel heli pilot. i had it above my 2 level colonial's roof and landed it softly in the driveway with light wind. maybe it was beginner's luck.

in any case, i am pretty excited and have nothing bad to say...yet i guess.

i did order spare parts from 2 different places online and i am waiting for the stuff to come in. i did this just to see how the service is at different places.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.