Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
paulw1283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch

When I put the clutch into the bell, there is a tiny bit of friction when I rotate it.
The helicopter is a Raptor V1 and I keep on hearing how that bird has a wide clearance so when I crashed it and it worn out the lining in the bell, I bought some new lining and I also put a piece of paper in between the bell and the lining. Now I'm wondering if the clearance is too small?

Is it a big problem?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 11:31 AM
w.pasman

Default RE: clutch

"paper" has no clear thickness. Better get a good probe or measure the thickness of your paper (pile up sheets of it until you have a good measurable thickness). Spacing should be 0.1mm all around
Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 AM
w.pasman

It's hard to judge whether it's OK from merely putting the clutch into the clutchbell. Alignment is VERY critical. Just measure it up and you should be fine. You can sand the liner lightly if you measure less than 0.1mm. It may drag a little on the first few flights but it will run in
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

The best thing to do is wrap 2 wraps of electrical tape, flush with the top of the clutch, and butted end to end when you cut the tape around the clutch, glue the liner and push the clutch in while it dries, pull it out, remove the tape and poof, perfect clutch to liner clearence.

If its rubbing just a small bit it will likely wear in. If its rubbing alot it will make it hard to keep it running till you let go of the rotors.