Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

The best value Helicopter : Hirobo-Freya, Hirobo-Sceadu, X-Cell - Fury Or JR - Vigor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

The best value Helicopter : Hirobo-Freya, Hirobo-Sceadu, X-Cell - Fury Or JR - Vigor

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:21 AM
Jason WAI
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best value Helicopter : Hirobo-Freya, Hirobo-Sceadu, X-Cell - Fury Or JR - Vigor

I am a new comer in this forum. It's greate to see so many RC related discussion. I learn a lots.

I play RC Helicopter since June 2002. I am flying Raptor 30 and learning basic aerobatics, hovering, figures eights, nose in, circuits, loops and rolls.

I want to buy a new heli soon. one and only, may be. A few of my selections,

Hirobo - Sceadu 50
Hirobo - Freya
X-Cell - Fury XP or Extreme
JR - Vigor CS

If you were me, what you would choose. Which would be the best choice?

I am just wondering if you might share with me your opinions.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Bluto

Default The best value Helicopter : Hirobo-Freya, Hirobo-Sceadu, X-Cell - Fury Or JR - Vigor

The best choice is the Fury!
Old 05-05-2003, 01:22 PM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

I'll second that about the Fury Extreme!!
Old 05-05-2003, 01:30 PM
wolfgang

Default best one

seems to be the one your flying
Old 05-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

All are good models, but I know if it were me makeing the decision. I would buy what is sitting on my shelves right now. The Fury Extreme. I also have a Vigor CS, and I love that machine as well. But I wouldn't trade it for my Fury on its best day. But that is just me!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

The Fury Extreme for me!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Ok, I'll be a soldier. Of the 4 Heli's you show I would, and did chose the Freya simply because of its excellent flying ability, and inexpensive cost to repair. I've never flown a Fury but I dont doubt its probably one of the better heli's, but just be prepared for the high crash cost of it.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:42 PM
bluefronted

Without a doubt the Vigor CS , a large solid, well designed machine.One of the more expensive machines to repair.
The Vigor CS with the OS70 , little can come close to it.

The Scedeau 50 is in no league to the rest , it is a smaller machine.A very good heli though

Since u from Hong Kong go with a Jap machine , theres little to no more that an XCell can offer.In the States the Jap machines are whipping the rest.

Just my personal opinion !
Old 05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as VALUE the Sceadu has it all over the others until the new 3D comes out, the plain Freya is also a very good value right now. Also these are cheaper over in Hong Kong and the Fury would be more expensive over there....
Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Jason WAI

Thanks, All of you! Your advices are very important to me!

Raptor 30 is a good heli, I konw. Neverthless, It was a small heli. I wish I could own one more helicopter which was powerful enoguh to do everything and was good value as well.

For your idea, here are the retail prices for those heli kits in Hong Kong

Fury 60 Expert is selling around US$ 780.00

Fury Extreme (with 8.45 gear ratio for YS 80/91) is selling around US$ 1050.00

Hirobo - Sceadu 50 (with all metal parts) is selling around
US$450.00

Hirobo - Freya sst eagle (plain version/ plastic parts) is selling around US$580.00

Hirobo - Freya EX sst eagle (with more metal parts) is selling around US$1000.00

Hirobo - Freya EX WC sst eagle is selling around US$2180.00

Vigor (belt drive) is selling around US$700.00

Vigor CS (tube drive) is selling around US$1030.00

Prices are for kits only without engines.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:13 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

is this your first heli ?
Old 05-06-2003, 04:37 AM
Jason WAI

Yes. My first heli - Raptor 30 . I bought it in June 2002.

I am now practising forward row and side row.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Buzzin Brian

As for the asian machines "wipping the rest". I don't think that is entirely the case. The Fury is a VERY popular model. And duely so. It flies very well. I own both the Vigor CS and a Fury Etreme, and I like the way the Fury flies much better. That is not to say the the Vigor is not a very nice machine. Because it is. But unless you own and fly both on a regular basis, it is difficult to compare the two. Now if I lived over seae, I agree I would stay away from the Fury for a few reasons. One would be parts availability, and the other would be the cost. But from the prices he quoted, a Vigor CS can be had here cheaper than it can be had there, if you know where to buy one. That to me seems odd. But oh well. But as for a whipping? I think that is mainly because there is only one US manufacturer of RC helis. If there were more than 5 here, and only one over seas. Then the tables would be turned. But that may just be my way of looking at it. But to be fair I think in asia I would think that the Vigor CS would be the better option. But here, I think the Fury Extreme is the better of the two.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:47 AM
Jason WAI

The shipping cost between HK and Japan may be cheaper than the cost between US and Japan. However, US market is much bigger than HK market. The US importers may enjoy more advantage in negotiation with the makers.

It may be the reason why the retail prices in US are very competitive.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Georg Matthews

Well I am not going to sit here and tell you that the fury isn't a good machine. But what I will say is that my experience with dealing with MA as both a consumer and as a hobby dealer has been less than acceptable. I don't care if MA is far and away the best flier I just can't give my money to people who treat some customers very poorly.
I think this is something to take in to consideration when making your purchase.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Jason WAI

Originally posted by Mig-29
Well I am not going to sit here and tell you that the fury isn't a good machine. But what I will say is that my experience with dealing with MA as both a consumer and as a hobby dealer has been less than acceptable. I don't care if MA is far and away the best flier I just can't give my money to people who treat some customers very poorly.
I think this is something to take in to consideration when making your purchase.
Well, it is bad if MA treat customers poorly.

How's about Raptor 70 V2 and Freya X-Spec ?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Augusto

I have had most of the helis you listed.
Of that list I sold most of them and ended up with the X-Spec and the Fury Extreme.

As it stands right now the X-Spec is a more precise ship than the Fury but the Fury is coming out with a Fury version that has the Tempest head which I heard from good sources it's very smooth too.

The X-Spec is easier to build and costs a lot less to repair. It's also foolproof in the fact that it's almost imposible to build it wrong. The Fury requires a lot more knowledge to get it right and prevent problems due to improper building. Most of the problems could be avoided if people just read the detailed instructions that come with the kit.

Once built they both weight almost exactly the same and respond similar as long as you get the new S9350 servo for the cyclic pitch in the X-Spec.

In your case it would be advisable to see what support you get in HK for both brands. I would assume they are both supported there.

Augusto.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Bluto

You mentioned the Raptor 70 V2, While I fly one and recommend it to other poor people like myself, I would recommend going with the high dollar better quality machines if you can afford them. Or you could go with the R70 as an intermediate trainer, it does fly great and is cheap to repair, just don't go nuts with shiny metal bits. Keep it cheap and get rid of it when you're ready for a better helicopter or just hang onto it for a beater.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Georg Matthews

Personally from what I can see the Freya looks like the best value in a 60 size. The Freya out of the box is a more refined piece of equipment over the Raptor 60. I think the Raptor 60 is great for the money but for overall value I think the Freya is hard to beat.
Now as far a the Fury goes, I think it is a fine machine and no doubt one of the best if not the best in it's class. But when we talk about overall value we also have to take into consideration the companys reputation for customer service. And that is where I think MA has problems. So if looking at it from all perspectives I have to say the Freya wins hands down.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Galifrey

If you are on Hong Kong, ask Cyberheli about the Henseleit 3DNT...

Thats the best value.. it runs on straight fuel

Old 05-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Jason WAI

Galifrey

I saw Stephen's demostration of Three Dee NT once a few weeks ago. Stephen, owner of Cyberheli, often come to our site and flied with us.

Three Dee NT flies fast and stright. Perhaps, it is a good heli. However, I don't like much its appreance. It look like a fish.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:23 AM
Galifrey

Jason, the launch of a more conventional looking 3dnt is imminent...

This has been developed by Russ Deakin and was flown at sandown show last weekend...

Revolution models will be the main stockists but there will be others, no doubt cyberheli as well...

Old 05-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Will B

The henseleit helis are an engineering work of art BUT they're SO ugly.

Galifrey do you have any pics of the new heli?
Old 05-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Galifrey

Will

here it is...

Old 05-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Buzzin Brian

Here what is. I see no PIC. Or am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.