Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
benny2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Things Said In Your LHS

hey guys...have u ever noticed that some of the best conversations you will have in a week are often in your LHS (or am i just a sad loner!?!?), i was in the other day with my g/f and i forgot my wallet and said "can i have 4.50" and she said "what do you do with all the money i give you!?!?....your spending it on another woman aren't you !" to which i replied ....."you show me a woman that i could have for 4.50 and we'll break up now!!!"...lol...any good stories guys?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Major Pain

Default RE: Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Asked the LHS guy how many guys worked in his hobby shop. He said about half of them.-----------Revver Bro#164
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
benny2k

lol...how true...not just in hobby stores (from now on i shall call them model shops as i am British...lol)
Old 04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Our LHS owner usually greets customers by saying "This ain't no museum, everything in here is for sale!", or something like, "I'll let you have two of them for twice as much". He's a hoot.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"pull my finger"
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM
donniercjet
My Feedback: (10)

hearing a wife of g/f trying to explain what they want to suprize there men...
its a thing-a-majigies that goes inside the airplane and wiggle...
Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
BillyGoat

Half the stuff I over hear in a hobby shop is humorous. Either some self appointed big shot is telling an outlandish flying story to sound important or there is a newbie, slightly confused between reality and what he read on line or heard at the field.

At one particular shop, that I no longer frequent, the funny stuff typically came from the people that worked there. The sad part is they think they are providing sound advice.

Just wish I could remember some of the jems I’ve heard.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Well... I work in a LHS....

and my favorite is....

I want (fill in the blank) because the people on RCU say it is the best!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
webdr

I bought my 1st 1/18th scale (mini-t) not knowing a thing about them. I asked the kid behind the counter if they were fun/fast? He said, "Oh yea, theyre real fast, almost uncontrollable inside, you'll love it" And that was it.

The next morning I was there when they opened buying a 6 cell Orion Pack cause 4 AA batteries barely pushed it out of its own way!

Had he told me ANYTHING remotely close to "youll need better batteries to have fun" then I could have saved a 60 mile round trip to the LHS.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
DriftProjectR

i love people who ask how much 1 body clip costs.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 AM
chris_b4

i love the people that take ebay cars to the lhs and are told they are ebay cars then they go nah i brought it from the markets
Old 05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
jongscx

I don't know if I'm annoying or funny when I (used to... of course, used to...) go to the LHS and ask for a part... "I'm looking for a propeller" "What kind?" "...what do you have and I'll pick one out..."

Usually, I'm not working on a specific model and botching together odd parts, so i don't really have a set that I'm working with... but it pisses all the workers off so much.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM
tam popo

This is the truth, honest. My LHS owner said he didn't sell coloured tape for my Zagi. He then asked which club I belonged to, did I have insurance and had I notified my insurance company and get this - Air Traffic Control!!! I asked why and he and his pal said it was a very fast plane that could go to 80mph and up to 700 feet - I wish!! I found out he is totally nitro minded and heli oriented (nothing wrong with that I say) but anti electric. Doesn't stop him selling 15 types of electric plane, good or bad!! [>:][>:] Guess what, I've spent £600 in past month but not at his store - wonder why?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Isaiah 40:31

I was 12 or 13 years old when I bought my first DuraPlane (Foam wing, PVC forward fuselage, aluminum U channel going to the tail). I went into a hobby shop that sold everything from R/C to needle-point (and everything in between). The guy told me to use fibreglass cloth and dope on the wing for reinforcement. Well, guess what? Dope eats foam. Totally ate into, and warped the wing (wing was arched from root to tip like a seagull). Ended up buying a new wing. Not a nice thing for a kid delivering newspapers to have to do for his with his hard earned money.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 AM
tam popo

That is terrible but not surprising. Anyway, I'm waiting for the Lord to renew my strenght (in the wind) and then I'll mount up my wings on the Aerobird and soar like Eagles!!! Byee
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 AM
kregan

Best hobby shop line........

I CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU

Old 05-16-2007, 05:07 AM
benny2k

yeah man i hate those dreaded words...it's like "you guys should google the word stockist"...orderng a art realy makes me cry
Old 05-18-2007, 08:21 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Once I said,'' What's this''.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:12 AM
GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: kregan

I CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU

Man, I hate that line!!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
fstertercelthnu

ORIGINAL: GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: kregan

I CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU

Man, I hate that line!!
i hate when they say they can order it... i could go online and order it most of the time... but i need it now...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Montague

My favorate is a LHS owner who really knows nothing about airplanes, but at least hires a lot of guys who do. But he still can't resist offering advice to people coming in wanting to get started in the hobby.

One day, I was in there, and a guy was asking about trainers to start with. The guys in the club (who work there, and the ones who don't as well) have pretty much beaten in to the shop owners head that certain trainers are good planes, and that's usually what he stocks. But this day, he had zero trainers of any sort in stock. However, there was a nice looking used trainer hanging from the ceiling on consignment for about $200 with engine and servos and maybe radio as well, I'm not sure. It's an Eagle2, a good flying plane. The builder might have done it a bit heavy by sheeting the fuse, but it's a trainer, it will be fine if the CG is in the right spot. And I can see lead weights have been added to the firewall and motor mount area, so someone made an attempt to get the CG right. And I do think the plane was flown at least a few times.

So, the beginner sees the plane and says "what about that?". I said "that would be fine, but before you buy a used plane, you should check it over with someone who knows planes. I can help if you want to right now". The owner wanders over, and says "oh, you don't want that plane. It won't balance". Now, I don't want to argue with the shop owner in his own store in front of his customer. But still. So I say something like "Oh, you can see the weights, clearly the owner worked on getting the CG set right, and there's no such thing as "can't balance". It's just a matter of getting the CG set in a good spot". The owner goes on about how the builder did this and that, and that the plane just can't balance now and so on.

So the prospective newbie then says "well, what should I get". The shop owner says "well, I can order a plane for you, and I can get you all the support stuff now". The guy gets a funny look, and says something like "I'll think about it" and walks out.

He could have sold the plane on the ceiling. Sure, he would have gotten a small cut of the consignment deal instead of the higher margin on a new trainer setup. But what he got instead was nothing, and the club didn't get a member. (at least I don't think the guy came around later on, but I could be wrong, I'm horrible with names and faces).

Anyway, such a job of shooting oneself in the foot seems like it should be recognized in some way
Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
13BT

haha, that sounds like my local.
Whenever you ask for something he says he doesnt have it. He doesnt make an attempt to look for it, and doesnt even offer to get it for you. I just get my bits someplace else and now it definitely looks like he has lost marklet share. His shop never seems very busy.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
cowana

My LHS is the opposite - it has everything - somewhere. The first time I went there, I wanted some lead shot for the ballast for a yacht. When I asked for lead shot, the owner relied he would see what he could find. He went 'out back', and returned about 10 mins later with a short piece of very old, rusty, painted yellow, lead pipe. I didn't take it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
PedeBeater

I wasn't there but one of the workers told me about it. A guy calls and asks if they have any (sound it out now) microts, not micro-t. Oh yeah and me and my friend on here Takedown asking a guy about rip-off versions of name brand rc's and he started compairing all rc's to corn. Yeah the veggie.[X(]
Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
drag racer

i went into my lhs for the second time, i was buying fuel. they have two registers, and the owner was sitting at one. i went up and he didnt even look at me. i sat there for i sec and then the girl in the next register called me over to that one. the owner didnot even look at me once. i hear hes quite mean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.