Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:34 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default RE: FAA Decision Looms on Model Aircraft Regulations

Why dont you make your font bigger so I can see it?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:18 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys... I hate to admit it, sorry I started an international incident and all, but it was my 1/2 scale B-2 bomber that I landed in Iran this week. I was having trouble with my iPhone connection so I decided to land. I then got caught up in the patents dispute between Motorola and Apple and was unable to take off again.

Really sorry about that... I wrote to the State Department and took full responsibility... they said they would get back to me.

Anybody have the phone number of someone in Iran that's in charge of UAS's?

Hey, if any of you technicians in Iran are reading this... could you check out the right engine, it was running a little rough? I was running amsoil Synthetic @100/1 ratio. Could that have been the problem?

Maybe I had a kill switch failure... who knows?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Is this good for you? Ya know what your comment doesn't even deserve an answer ...
Old 12-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

Is this good for you? Ya know what your comment doesn't even deserve an answer ...
This is great! Now I can stand 200 feet away from my computer monitor and still read this. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Guys... I hate to admit it, sorry I started an international incident and all, but it was my 1/2 scale B-2 bomber that I landed in Iran this week. I was having trouble with my iPhone connection so I decided to land. I then got caught up in the patents dispute between Motorola and Apple and was unable to take off again.

Really sorry about that... I wrote to the State Department and took full responsibility... they said they would get back to me.

Anybody have the phone number of someone in Iran that's in charge of UAS's?

Hey, if any of you technicians in Iran are reading this... could you check out the right engine, it was running a little rough? I was running amsoil Synthetic @100/1 ratio. Could that have been the problem?

Maybe I had a kill switch failure... who knows?
That figures. It had to be you, huh? Ya know ... for a guy who has built and flown 23 of these things over the past years, I would think you would have know better to use the right mix, and had all this down to a science! A fine mess you've gotten us all into! I just hope the AMA pulls your turbine waiver.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 AM
ricardinho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TOO FUNNY...REALLY THAT COULD HAPPEN WITH ANOTHER OBAMA TERM..HAHAHA
Old 12-10-2011, 03:15 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

This is great! Now I can stand 200 feet away from my computer monitor and still read this. Thanks!
Glad to help U O'l Gezzers out. U don't fly by sound yet do U?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:55 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The deadline for submitting comments to the FAA Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft is midnight tonight EST. If you haven't commented, please do so.

Go to http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...eResponse.aspx and click on any of the Submit Your Comment buttons to go to the applicable regulations.gov comment page.

Yesterday, the AMA submitted their comments which are here: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/A...rpRule0914.pdf

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 09-23-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:56 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine in in the final hours. Sure hope we make a difference....
Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM
HoundDog

Comments to (NPRM's) Notices of Proposed rule making works. Been there dun that. Comments on something that congress has tried to do to circumvent the FAA witch congress has declared that their chief duty's are Promotion of aeronautics in the USA and the Safety of the NAS.

What happens (and I don't know this to be the case now) is that every 20 to 25 years or so there is a large turn over of FAA personal and it my belief that being new to the service they think they have to do something to prove something to justify their jobs.
What better than to pick on a group that is so small as the AMA.and its under 200,000 members and 500,000 people that fly some type of RC.I sure the rest of the countries 320 million of winch most don't care or because of the media think that DRONES are a bad thing.

We'll see how it all washes out. The FAA has been at this FAR stuff for sUAS's for over 10 years, let's hope they they finally "GET IT RIGHT"

Notice too that this thread has been going for almost 4 years since 11-09-2010, 07:21 PM and this the #535 th post.

Last edited by HoundDog; 09-24-2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Punction and spelling