Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

P20 How low can you go

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

P20 How low can you go

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P20 How low can you go

Well at the moment the lowest price I can see a P20 in the UK at is £1775 from Jetline in the UK.

I would like to think that in a few months the price will settle at £1650 or even better £1599.

What do you chaps think

Dennis
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: P20 How low can you go

Hi

Highly fashion turbine at the time being[8D]

I would say it may go down in a year, more or less. When demand drops.

It is a nice and handy one, to make a short trip to the track and make a couple of fast flights without the hassle of the big brothers. Nevertheless, if you look at the complete loop price (plane+engine+electronics), you can get a bigger one cheapper.

Regards

Nuno
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Old 01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Doctor jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say put the price up Dave. Andy should too.
If someone wants one and there is limited availability, people will pay.
Personally I am not interested in a P-20.
Nobody invests in R&D and works all week for no return. Mr Jetcat is no different!

.....You asked for opinions, you got one!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 AM
J.F

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

What do you chaps think

Dennis
I think I'd rather spend a little bit more cash but get a lot more service and support.
So I did, and am very happy with my choice of shop. Thing is, it's not till you've had a problem in the past that you realise this.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How many model shops in the UK have closed down over the last 24 months?

Those nasty dealers selling at a price they can stay in business with! I suspect most would happily pay a few pounds more and still have shops they can buy from that are either local or at least in the same country. Especially when the dealers back their products with support and service.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Funny thing is, that Andy at Jetline has been dealing Jet cat's longer than anyone else in the UK as far as I am aware. So I guess he must have some idea about what he's doing and how to stay in business.
The price could go lower Dennis, but I guess its all about what the dealers want to earn and what they are willing to earn from each sale. Forget about pounds and pence, what car we drive, what planes we fly etc etc for a moment and just break it down into percentages.
What would you say a reasonable and fair percentage would be for a model retail business to operate at within the UK lets say? I know its difficult without knowing what volume of sales there are, but let me assure you, that on sales of lets say a product like Jet Cat. There is no way near enough volume to operate on a stack em high sell em cheap philosophy.
The jet market is tiny. It makes a huge amount of trade noise, but when you actually look at the numbers, they are tiny in comparison to something like the micro indoor contra rotating heli market and the like. I just cant see the prices coming down all that much.. not unless dealers are willing to sell Jets in order to claim claims to charity points at the pearly gates. Remember, you are talking to someone who runs a model retail business where we ( my father and I ) spend all day, everyday trying to offer the best prices we can across the board. We get loads of flack for it ( It actually makes a change that I am not the "fool" selling JC's cheap and ruining the market in the Uk. According to some in the trade we are the reason for its demise in the Uk, we are going bust on a weekly basis ( yet we never carry invoices.... go figure) I guess what I am trying to say is that if there was the margin to offer the as cheap as you want them Denis, and to stay in business I would. As it is right now, I just cant. Sorry.
Regards Al
Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It does not matter what you are selling whether its a product, a service or expertise the profit margin is the maximum you can get away with in the current financial environment, we would all charge the maximum we could within reason to maximise our profit margin, the only exception to this is our clearing banks who do what they like and stuff us all whenever they wish, Oh and the Government who seem to do the same and we have no come back on either.

So is the cost of the P20 OTT, I don't think so, I am possibly in the market for one and if I buy I would buy from Ali because of the exemplary service I have received from him in the past, if it cost me an extra £100.00 I will not worry about it because I know I will get that back from him in the long run with piece of mind on the service and back up.

Mike
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Andrew Bird

ORIGINAL: Ali

Remember, you are talking to someone who runs a model retail business where we ( my father and I ) spend all day, everyday trying to offer the best prices we can across the board. We get loads of flack for it ( It actually makes a change that I am not the ''fool'' selling JC's cheap and ruining the market in the Uk. According to some in the trade we are the reason for its demise in the Uk, we are going bust on a weekly basis ( yet we never carry invoices.... go figure)

Regards Al

Trust me, from my side it is not seen as positive publicity. In fact quite the contrary. I now regret posting.
All i want to do is play with toy planes, and maybe sell the odd one ore two here and there. If I can do that, while using RCU as a tool then great. If I can also help some fellow jet modellers along the way ( using RCU as the tool) then even better.
I understand there will always be competition in business, and in one as small as this that paths will cross frequently. I relish the competition and am happy to run my business accordingly. I just cant see the point or any sense of professionalism in making pointed little digs and jibes.. But hey I guess everyone is different?? I am sorry of any of the posts I have made reflect badly on my company. I really didnt want to come on here and start any petty wars, just try and set things straight.
Regards Al
Weird - I thought the digs didn't help but still they come........

Would be great to see the day you two kissed and made up and stopped using public forums for what ever it is you both hope to achieve.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Where was the Dig Andrew? other than referring to myself as the fool? Enlighten me. In fact, if I am not mistaken my post is more complimentary of a fellow retailer, than critical.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
butler-campers

I think it is Normaly you can make 25/ 30 % on it to stay in busisnes

I like to pay more so i can get a good service then i get it cheap and get no service .
service and good agryments are more worth for me than a cheap price

Just my 2 cents

regards Maikel
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

It does not matter what you are selling whether its a product, a service or expertise the profit margin is the maximum you can get away with in the current financial environment, we would all charge the maximum we could within reason to maximise our profit

Mike
That is a very sweeping statement and simply not true you can of course speak for yourself but should not speak for others who may have a very different pricing philosophy
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Andrew Bird

Ali, I'm having a swipe at the pair of you. Thread after thread seems to be going down the road of having a dig, be it from either side.

Let's all be grown up enough to be straight about it. You're rhetoric and tone in part of the post seems to be directed. Would you totally honestly deny this?

Maybe it's all just getting a bit long in the tooth. RCU seems to be less of a resource and more of a battle ground........
Old 01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Doctor jet

I say put the price up Dave. Andy should too.
If someone wants one and there is limited availability, people will pay.
Personally I am not interested in a P-20.
Nobody invests in R&D and works all week for no return. Mr Jetcat is no different!

.....You asked for opinions, you got one!

I did indeed ask and you gave yours no problem at all with that.......... did you think I would have
Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Andrew Bird

Ali, I'm having a swipe at the pair of you. Thread after thread seems to be going down the road of having a dig, be it from either side.

Let's all be grown up enough to be straight about it. You're rhetoric and tone in part of the post seems to be directed. Would you totally honestly deny this?

Maybe it's all just getting a bit long in the tooth. RCU seems to be less of a resource and more of a battle ground........

More fun than hearing how to put in another servo though and there is plenty of server room I am sure
Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ali

Funny thing is, that Andy at Jetline has been dealing Jet cat's longer than anyone else in the UK as far as I am aware. So I guess he must have some idea about what he's doing and how to stay in business.
The price could go lower Dennis, but I guess its all about what the dealers want to earn and what they are willing to earn from each sale. Forget about pounds and pence, what car we drive, what planes we fly etc etc for a moment and just break it down into percentages.
What would you say a reasonable and fair percentage would be for a model retail business to operate at within the UK lets say? I know its difficult without knowing what volume of sales there are, but let me assure you, that on sales of lets say a product like Jet Cat. There is no way near enough volume to operate on a stack em high sell em cheap philosophy.
The jet market is tiny. It makes a huge amount of trade noise, but when you actually look at the numbers, they are tiny in comparison to something like the micro indoor contra rotating heli market and the like. I just cant see the prices coming down all that much.. not unless dealers are willing to sell Jets in order to claim claims to charity points at the pearly gates. Remember, you are talking to someone who runs a model retail business where we ( my father and I ) spend all day, everyday trying to offer the best prices we can across the board. We get loads of flack for it ( It actually makes a change that I am not the ''fool'' selling JC's cheap and ruining the market in the Uk. According to some in the trade we are the reason for its demise in the Uk, we are going bust on a weekly basis ( yet we never carry invoices.... go figure) I guess what I am trying to say is that if there was the margin to offer the as cheap as you want them Denis, and to stay in business I would. As it is right now, I just cant. Sorry.
Regards Al
Ali

As before there is much true in what you say. When a new product hits the market it tends to have an initial highish price then it tends to settle to a price that it stays at for a while. I still believe that will be around the £1599 mark in the UK. Time will tell.

Also there are many factors affecting the price not least of which is the price charged from Jetcat.

I bet it will settle at between £1599 - 1650 in a year or so.

Hey I also notice you popped the old VAT up to 20% right on the button . I seem to remember however that when it dropped to 15% your prices seemed to stay the same. Not having a pop just remembering a fact .

Best regards and keep entertaining us with your flying

Dennis

Old 01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only 'back up' you will get from Jetline will be your reaction to the service (term used VERY loosely of course) they say they provide, i know these are harsh words but i am speaking from expensive experience!

Bigplumbs,

If you are serious about buying, only buy from the two main dealers and be assured of the quality service you will receive . . . . for the little extra we are talking about it will be well worth it!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Andy Sheldon

Two sides to every story Jamie C
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Jamie C

Yes . . . fact and fiction! Jetcat finally rectified the shocking state my P70 was returned in.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Andy Sheldon

If You never come back and say that anything is wrong with it at the time how can we put it right???

And then all you do is make rubbish posts on forums such as this.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Well I have bought maybe 10-15 engines off Jetline over the years and always been happy with the service..

Jetline are great!

Jason Fletcher
Official Jetline shill.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Jamie C

I did! and remember the excuses well, By this time i had had enough! it was costing me more money for more grief. Your service/repair guarantee was worthless, so i took it to another dealer who sent it to Jetcat who quickly sorted it out for me.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

A bit of unrest in the Old World? Oh well, at least their posts are literate.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Andy Sheldon

As Ali mentioned we are the longest established JetCat dealer in the UK. We have been selling and repairing JetCats for 13 years now and have many satisfied customers. We also buy and sell used JetCats.

I do not remember the exact details of your P70 repair but I am sure the way forward is not hiding behind a keyboard posting rubbish on forums.

I will be at some of the Classic jet meetings this year. Please come over so that we can a have a chat.

Andy
Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Jamie C

Not a problem! i will be at most, if not all of the jet meets this year. I gave my P70 to the dealer who finally got it sorted, at a classic jets meet and Several people saw the state of it before it went and can verify the condition. Not really into forum arguments which is why i have not replied to the childish post you put on RCMF, but i do feel quite strongly about this subject . . . as you may have already gathered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.