Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Electron Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Electron Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Electron Retracts

Bent the worm drive, the trunion and slide on my nose gear retract. Dreamworks not open on the weekend to ask the expert, but does anyone know if Todd stocks spare parts? Anyone ever gotten parts direct from the manufacturer? Overall the retract is extremely well done.... ball bearings on both end of the worm drive and the work is awesome.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Robrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electron Retracts

In my experience The manufacturers offer a very rapid turnaround service, give them a call or email, I'm sure Todd would do the same.

Rob.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM
asimace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience also could not be better.
You can contact them by email and expect an answer the same day most of the times.
Xoel is The Man and they really stand up behind their products.
I'm a happy customer and only dealed with them direct.
Mauri
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
tp777fo

Super fast response from Xoel. Parts have been ordered. These retracts are outstanding. I really hit the nose hard on a large clump of grass when I over ran the runway. I really bellieve any other retract unit would be toast. The retract unit is machined from solid aluminum. I bent the worm drive spindle and trunion slide...no other damage. I highly recomend these retracts. I noted on their web site they have electric brakes available also.....might have to give those a try.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Got an email overnight about my wheels and electric brakes ready to ship. Looking forward to these as I have the retracts sitting in a box. I may retrofit my UF, which uses air driven retracts, or use them in a future jet.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
tp777fo

Fabulous service from Xoel at Electron!!! Fast email response, parts in the mail the day we determined what I needed to repair. These retracts are outstanding. Machining that is is unbelievable (frames machined from a solid block of hard aluminum) and they work flawlessly. I ran off the end of our runway and bent the drive gear when the nose gear hit a large clump of grass. I really believe any other retract that I have ever used would have been trashed. I highly recommend these retracts to everyone. Great job Xoel! Thanks for your support!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 AM
tp777fo

Less than 2 weeks from the time I dinged my jet, my parts are in hand. Great job. Now after I eat loads of turkey I will retire to the shop and repair me nose retract. Happy turkey day everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

You mean after the nap
Vin...