Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech...you gotta read this!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech...you gotta read this!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
kiwijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingtech...you gotta read this!

Guys,

I'm not normally one to rave about brands but reading the many who ask here on RCU what a good well supported brand of turbine is to buy decided to share a recent experience with my Kingtech K80.

I purchased the engine new in early 2010 and up until a month ago it had given me some 7.5 hours of faultless running. During the first flight at a jet meeting I had gone to it appeared to develop an idle problem coming into land where the idle stayed well above normal causing a fast approach and landing. On retrieving the aircraft from an overshot landing we noticed the compressor had sustained a rub and the front bearing was in a bad way.

It was obvious that the engine needed service so once home I emailed Barry Hou ( the engine was purchased thru a defunct Australian agent) who advised it best to return direct to factory which I was happy to do this was done on Wednesday Nov 14th and it arrived by DHL at the factory in Taiwan 2 days later.

An email from Chuang (kingtech factory) advised not to worry as the engine was sold by them and they would attend to it immediately and thanked me for purchasing the product.

One week later I was advised a failed combustor weld (early engines were spot welded) had caused heating of the tunnel and subsequent bearing failure and that argon welding is now used and the failure would not repeat...this was on Friday Nov 23rd.

Two weeks after the factory received my engine it arrived back on my doorstep (Nov 30th) totally rebuilt, new front cover with upgraded electronics, new outer case and compressor and would suspect many new internal parts including bearings, and what did it cost me....ZERO not even the return freight! of course it cost me the freight to Taiwan which was quite modest but not another cent....absolutely amazing not to mention hugely appreciated.

So......if you were to ask me to recommend a turbine that is reasonably priced, incredibly well supported and where the customer obviously comes first it would based on my experience have to be KINGTECH TURBINES! and whilst I'm not the first on RCU to say so I think it's important for everyone to hear accolades for a good product. This is not to say other manufacturers aren't as good but the lifetime warrantee Kingtech offer is obviously more than just words.

Thank you Kingtech...will I buy another? you bet!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Kingtech...you gotta read this!

It's always good to hear about things like this.

I don't own a KingTech... but if they get that K35 done next spring... I'll be all over it. (or the K-55)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys
I think my K80 was the second Kingtech turbine delivered in Aus it now has over 30 hrs on it,it has been back to the factory for a health check and is still as reliable as the first day I started it. I now have a K100/K140 and a K170 they are all so boring to use it's trim up stick up and go flying I couldn't be happier, like Barry in the States Kenny Mollison (Kingtech Australia) here in Australia is 100%
reliable to deal with. If ever you have to be intouch with the factory Wen-Fu always replies the same day.
Cheers
Mav
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 AM
kmrcjets

and this is how turbine manufacturers should be treating their customers.
mr chuang does not mess customers around. kingtech is all about fixing
any problem a customer has fast and efficiently as does barry in the states
ken
kmrc jets
kingtech turbines australia
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can anyone provide a comparison data between a Kingtech 140 and a Jetcat 140 RX in respect of thrust, fuel consumption and overall weight. I am looking more at experience against the specs advertized by both manufacturers.

Thanks, Regards,