Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FLORIDA JETS FIELD UPDATE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FLORIDA JETS FIELD UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLORIDA JETS FIELD UPDATE

Hello All,
I know that some of the "regulars" that come to Florida Jets are a bit concerned about the grass field. And rightly so, as fine as it is, it does still pose a problem for some models, especially those with smaller main tires. We made an experiment at Monster Planes and Rolled the field excessively 4 days before the event. It was actually Fantastic. The field did not start to rebound from the compression until the end of the 2nd day. So, with that in mind, we are bringing in an even larger, heavier Roller and we are rolling the runway 2 days before, and perhaps the day before as well. I can almost guarantee there will be no complaints. Even BV hisself commented on the improvement at Monster Planes. So we should have the best of both Worlds, a superior flat surface for those who need it and a soft cushion for those who welcome it in case of an incident. Now, will you be able to takeoff with an average Foamie with little tiny wheels? Probably not, but that is due to friction and I can't mess with that! Hope to see many of you there.
FT
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: FLORIDA JETS FIELD UPDATE

I can attest the runway was great at monster planes. Cant wait for Florida jets this year! Less then 2 months to go. Here are a few pics David Hart got of my F22 and someones F86 at monster planes. The planes did not dig in near as bad as they used to into the grass. It was a huge improvment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72349.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1836501   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45722.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1836502  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Doolittleraider
My Feedback: (72)

Thanks Frank! The orlando crew including 40 cent are all looking forward to it!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Frank:

I know you are happy when your plans come together. From those I have spoken with, all are happy with what you have accomplished. We, Jet Central, look forward to once again sponsoring, attending and enjoying the 5 days of flying.

Hey, how about a shot of the new bridge across the "moat.!

Kind regards,
Eric Clapp
Managing Director
Jet Central Turbine manufacturing
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 AM
FTiano

If the damn weather cooperates, I will get a photo of the new Bridge this weekend! That is going to free us up a lot. All Vendors will be in One Row, to the rear of the Flight Line, leaving the Flight line open to just "Flying" tents for Pilots. Some vendors will have a smaller tent on the flight line just for "Flying" but retain their large Sales Tents in the designated Vendor Area. This will allow more Pilots to have their trailers at their tents, and give Vendors more room to place their vehicles as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOU THINK OF EVERYTHING
Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It's about time, when will the invitations begin arriving in the mail? Also, hope you got new calendars with them hot chicks! Wings and things! I need the 2013 calendar on my wall.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 AM
FTiano

There are no invitations to this one! All are welcome. IF you are speaking of when we will mail out Pre-Registration forms,
they were mailed out over 4 weeks ago! If you have attended in the past you would have received one. Although, we did get
several envelopes returned as "Address Unknown" meaning, some have moved and we have no forwarding address.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Do you have to rent the tent for flight line or can you bring your own and still set up on the flight line....Also on the tent registration form it is showing Feb 29th as first set up day. I am pretty sure this in not leap year.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
ModellbauUK

One day I'll get to this event.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
gunradd

ORIGINAL: jws_aces

Do you have to rent the tent for flight line or can you bring your own and still set up on the flight line....Also on the tent registration form it is showing Feb 29th as first set up day. I am pretty sure this in not leap year.
Allot of us just bring tents and set up along the flight line. It gets crowded so the sooner you show the better. I like to set up early Wednesday. That way I can sneak a few practice flights in before it gets busy.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Great Thanks for info.

See you there
Jeff
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Kris, seems like KingTech will make its FL Jets debut this year, and I will bring my F-22. Together with yours and George's new toy, we'll have at least three raptors. Looking forward of meeting you all!

Cheers,
Barry
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 AM
gunradd

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

Hi Kris, seems like KingTech will make its FL Jets debut this year, and I will bring my F-22. Together with yours and George's new toy, we'll have at least three raptors. Looking forward of meeting you all!

Cheers,
Barry

Awsome Barry. Mike Gill will also have his yellow F22. Do some formation flight with 4
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice,