Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

OMG, I'm in love...new Rafale through Ultimate Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

OMG, I'm in love...new Rafale through Ultimate Jets

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: OMG, I'm in love...new Rafale through Ultimate Jets

Yup it's done and may be at mississippi, static only. The prototype flew and the pix in the link depict bird number 2. MY summer project..... Which could use. AHEM... A motor. Haha hint hint

Glad to hear you got the A4 nose fixed. What was the final solution? Pm if ya want in order to keep this about the big Rafael, BF motors and other AD JETS.

Hope the SU27 is upgraded like the Rafael.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM
RonTins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be following you for a very long time. The Rafael is BAD looking, in a good way!
ORIGINAL: u2fast

Just to let everyone know who ultimate jets is. It is myself, Barry Raborn, Olivier Nicolas aka olinco and woody lee aka pantherman. We are just getting started. It's more of a hobby business venture as we all have full time jobs. However woodys full time job is a hobby shop owner and he is available daily. We have been trying to advertise here on rcu for quite some time, but no one has emailed us back. RC ken reached out for me to their sales person but I still haven't heard from her. Our goal is to provide high end jet kits, turbines, and hard to find tools and supplies. We are distributors for bf turbines, behotec, and jet munts turbines. Jet munts deal was just completed yesterday. As for kits, we are distributors for aviation design and pst. Aviation design is putting out a whole new level of quality of kit compared to their past. They are no longer farming out production to the factory that put out an inconsistent product. Everything is made in Europe now. As for pst, their kits are nice, some better then others. But my personal opinion is the reaction (designed by Bruce thorp) is the best trainer jet ever made. It easily goes from trainer to sport jet as skills advance. That's not to say the twin boomers aren't great. They are, just a bit more of a pain to transport for my taste. Andy, thx for finding us on the web. Our site is fairly new and slightly under construction. Barry
Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Man, you make a strong argument. But I gotta do something with the B300F. Plus didn't you see the video with it flying with a BF300. Vertical right after takeoff. The 300 is more than 60lbs of thrust. It's 300N or 67.5
Yes, the Rafale is built to stay light but strong. Most BF-300 actually deliver around 310N of thrust at ISA, which is the case for the engine powering the plane on the video. That gives a truly 300N of thrust with the loss in the pipe.
The plane being about 60 lbs dry for the single version ( about 2 lbs less than twin version and that is the weight listed on the web site to keep things simple ), you rapidly get a power to weight ratio of 1:1 and over with the B300F.
As you can see on the video, the plane can do a lot of power manoeuvres at high alfa and is quite impressive in flight as well as very easy to set up and maintain.
This engine choice is my personal personal preference for these reasons ( I am the one who pushed Eric to develop a version for the B300F, and that was done using the CAD files from BF-Turbines so that the integration of this engine is absolutely perfect ).

That being said we have a Middle East customer who went for twin Behotec 180 gold edition on this plane and the sound and performance are quite outstanding.

I would say that the main differences between the two versions are complexity, sound and power difference in the verticals ( the cost difference is marginal as the Tam's Y pipe is slightly more expensive that 2 straight pipes ).
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

Barry is AD remaking their SU27? Similar construction to their new Rafale?

Yes, we can get Eric to make a kit for you.
The kit would be produced at the UAV factory by our aerospace certified technicians, using aero grade composites.
However bare in mind that the moulds are old, so the joints are a bit wider. The plane needs to be prepped and painted anyway.
Also bare in mind that this is not an ARF model but rather a builder's kit.
The manual will give you an idea of the work involved.. It is in French but the pictures speak for themselves. I can make a translation if required.
http://www.aviation-design.fr/fiches...ts/Su35-FR.pdf
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
TropicalJet

More pics here !! 2 of them currently under construction:

http://www.aero-big-scale.com/articl...114521085.html

Laurent
Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Fantastic amigo
Old 04-22-2013, 12:42 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This plane looks absolutely fantastic! After watching JackD fly his, I really want one.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
RonTins

Does this model come with leading edge slats?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome jet! I love it!
Eric was flying the crap out of it!
flew great!
Scott