Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ and working thoughts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ and working thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FEJ and working thoughts

I have been watching, listening and learning...

My first passion is what I do for a living, mission work to the nations...my next is my family and then is this great hobby! I now build so that I can stay in the hobby of jets...my most favorite part of the hobby. I love the people and the places it takes me to. I build because I am first and foremost a jet guy! Second, because it keeps me in the game!

I listen to Andy, Boli, Jim, Dantley and others that have faired the good and bad but take the "curve" and apply it to every build. Bill Hatcher is my hero for building. He is a true pro at it and teaches me much. I apply this wisdom and the wisdom gained as a a jet guy myself to do the best I can to build planes and do installs for folks as I would for my very own jets.

Saying this, I do believe FEJ is listening, though they do not respond, there seems to be a collecting of data and insight that is causing them to make some changes and give options that will make it a better airframe. NO this is not an ad to build, since I am not building for anyone other than what I can do for close friends and their friends...I am seeing some changes for sure!

I still assume nothing! if there is a question...I open it up the section for myself as I always have...for all manufacturers. It is the role of the one putting it together to make certain the airframe is as worthy as possible...taking out as many variable as possible. Lets return the RCU threads to informative and working forums. I thank Dantley for the reminder us all of the potential loss and the need for communication from the supplier. I thank Boli for the down to earth approach to to keeping the main thing the main thing. I thank Jim M, for the purity of engineering. I thank Andy for the purity of the hobby. I thank Bob K. for making sure we included our sons in whatever we do.

I do think FEJ is listening (thank you Dantley). I just think the mountain is so big now...where to answer is the bigger question...AGAIN...I am NOT FEJ, I am just one that builds many airframes for different co's. But I do actually like building FEJ airframes...even the HC ones! How in the world can Lowell Wexler answer to such accusations and still remain civil? It would be hard for me for sure! But I will tell you this...I know full well, there seems to be movement towards a better product (IMO)...so job well done!

Lets press on now, and get this hobby back to the integrity of the build...AND flying, regardless if it is sold as an ARF or not and learn, listen and press on. My favorite time is when I am hanging out with Jim M., Boli, Andy Andrews, Marty McGee, Craig Gottschang, Pablo and Lewis Patton and so many others that make this hobby fun...otherwise it would suck if it was all about the Forums!

If Philyabelli adds to this in a negative way...keel haul the dude!

Blessings and wings level, attitude indicator in the blue....

Rex Briant
Canton, GA

Missionary to the Nations and enjoying the snot out of the jet guys!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FEJ and working thoughts

Rex, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're all blessed to be able to bicker over toy airplanes rather than more important things happening in the world and our lives. I appreciate your contribution to this discussion and also want to state that although Lowell and I had our disagreements after the crash, he was always helpful and courteous beforehand.

I can remember a time shortly before my crash where I actually had fun with the hobby, but unfortunately that is no longer the case. I look at my jets in disgust rather than in jubilation. The negative attitude I have towards the hobby stems from the flack I have been getting for putting my neck on the line. Had I just taken Lowell's offer, FEJ would not be improving their planes to this degree as you claim, Mike Lin at GJC may not be working on a standard for how to develop stabs, and we might continue to be more lax on policing ourselves.

For everything that has been said on these forums, I have masked the negative and hateful remarks sent to me via text message, PM, and email. In one case, someone who I thought was a friend sent me a message stating what I could have done for my son with the money I spent on the F-14. This crash and the aftermath, more than anything, has shown me who is a true friend and who isn't. As thick of a skin as I try and have, the negativity has taken a toll on me.

I hope FEJ can improve their planes. If they do, I hope I get the privilege to fly one of them. I was a big fan of their large Hawk, F-16, and F-15. One day I will be able to have fun again with the hobby... but I haven't gotten there yet.

For those who have told me that there is no crying in model jets... The only time I've cried since childhood was when my Dad was killed 2 years ago and when my son was born 3 months ago, so to insinuate I would cry over a toy airplane, whether figuratively or literally, is an incredible insult to me and I do take offense to it. You have misread me if you confuse my brazenness and resolve with crying.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rex,

I have talked to you on the phone, and my decision to go with the F-18 was in a large part based on the fact that you had already built one and it had flown. Unfortunately after getting the jet there were numerous issues, damages, insane delays, and now 9 months later I still don't have everything that I should have gotten.

to top it off, I purchased a bae hawk 1.45 for close friend of mine in the marines, he came back looked at the RCU threads and said man I really don't want to fool with FEJ so I told him, not to worry you don't have to pay for it. I now have 2 FEJ airframes...

It would be 1 thing if FEJ gave a crap, but I can tell you that for 1 month I have been trying to contact james, hc@flyeagle e.t.c. and they don't respond or say anything, and even when they do its a half-assed response where they do everything to blame the customer.

Its going to be a LONG time before they get there rep back, and not without first making existing customers whole, I read back threads 5-6 years ago and the Jet guys remember.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
PeteBonphil

ORIGINAL: dubd

Rex, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're all blessed to be able to bicker over toy airplanes rather than more important things happening in the world and our lives. I appreciate your contribution to this discussion and also want to state that although Lowell and I had our disagreements after the crash, he was always helpful and courteous beforehand.

I can remember a time shortly before my crash where I actually had fun with the hobby, but unfortunately that is no longer the case. I look at my jets in disgust rather than in jubilation. The negative attitude I have towards the hobby stems from the flack I have been getting for putting my neck on the line. Had I just taken Lowell's offer, FEJ would not be improving their planes to this degree as you claim, Mike Lin at GJC may not be working on a standard for how to develop stabs, and we might continue to be more lax on policing ourselves.

For everything that has been said on these forums, I have masked the negative and hateful remarks sent to me via text message, PM, and email. In one case, someone who I thought was a friend sent me a message stating what I could have done for my son with the money I spent on the F-14. This crash and the aftermath, more than anything, has shown me who is a true friend and who isn't. As thick of a skin as I try and have, the negativity has taken a toll on me.

I hope FEJ can improve their planes. If they do, I hope I get the privilege to fly one of them. I was a big fan of their large Hawk, F-16, and F-15. One day I will be able to have fun again with the hobby... but I haven't gotten there yet.

For those who have told me that there is no crying in model jets... The only time I've cried since childhood was when my Dad was killed 2 years ago and when my son was born 3 months ago, so to insinuate I would cry over a toy airplane, whether figuratively or literally, is an incredible insult to me and I do take offense to it. You have misread me if you confuse my brazenness and resolve with crying.
Don't you think it would be better for you to leave this nasty forum (as it has become in my opinion) and simply try and enjoy your hobby again. In my view this forum has degenerated into a very unpleasant place. I am also a member of another forum in another hobby and it is very friendly and helpful
Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty much done with this forum. When I will start to enjoy this segment of the hobby again is TBD. In the meantime, I just purchased a 35% Edge and DA-120 and will beat the crap out of the plane at my local field until I feel like flying jets again.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

I am pretty much done with this forum. When I will start to enjoy this segment of the hobby again is TBD. In the meantime, I just purchased a 35% Edge and DA-120 and will beat the crap out of the plane at my local field until I feel like flying jets again.
Come back soon Bro

IMHO, you absolutely have had the best intentions and I for one appreciate your efforts.

-Spence
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM
GhostRider 1

Disco,

Try James Chen at [email protected]
or 301-755-8690
Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

have fun, run redline 40:1, and head over to F.G.'s site I always keep my 3dhs 104 slick w/da120 as a backup no matter where I go, old faithful.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Disco,
Sent you a email.

All I know is I need to fly soon!

Rex
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Falcon 64

A good and honest one, Rex :-), appreciate a dedicated thought here. You define why you are in this in a nice way.

My thoughts goes in the direction of my big F-16 I just received, since you aim it in that way.
I didn`t request anything other than what was before (and I don`t know what the big F-16 was like at the time I ordered it 7 months ago), but I got mine with high quality ply in all formers behind TE of wings. Reinforced with carbon and not a drop of a glue to much anywhere.
I couldn`t and wouldn`t done it better or differently if I had to.
So yes, they are listening for sure.
FEJ adapt in the silent I think.

If their comm was just as good as the improvement in airframes, they would absolutely be a winner.
But somehow I feel they are stuck there, the communication of theirs is just not nearly good enough..

When sending FEJ an email about something, I not only assume they will reply, but I demand it..
That`s why I sent it, a customer of their living want to KNOW!
I want to know, just as simple as that, and I demand a instant clarification and answer.

FEJ`s biggest improvement is not in the airframes ( ! ), but to be in touch of their customers in a total different way. Their history on this is not good, and if they saw it the customers way, they would find themselves with rockets in their pants..a horrendous lift off!
They could easily double their sales on just that thing...

And yes, I voted them to survive on the poll, because no other than FEJ have grown to be what they are.
Their aim is profit of course, who isn`t? But they are willing to take it where we want it to be, that was their thought till things stopped.
Isolate the thougth, we can get a big F-14, full metal jacket, and someone wanted us to have one! FEJ did that job, but failed on basics. 1 USD in led on each kit, could changed the history. Funny thought..

If I had the money, I wouldn`t hesitate a glimse of a second to get a F-14 from FEJ after all this.

Dantley stood up and said HELLO! The "whole world" stood still in it, chewed it in a thousand posts and choosed to spit it out.

Well, I`m not there.. I KNOW they adapt faster than aaanything.. My F-16 is rock solid, there is nothing in it which would point otherwice.
Diffucult hobby you found yourself, Rex.. ;-)

Blessings and wings level!