Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I think we lost our hard earned.........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I think we lost our hard earned.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan
Yes one page of pics.
I will see if I can find them as I have looked a couple of time without success.
Thanks
Jim
Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Ok...smiling....yes I did "stubble" me was back to my pictures through a search.
Now if I can get the-powers-to-be to link it to my profile page???
Appreciate it.
Jim
Old 09-01-2013, 06:17 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MX240
Ok...smiling....yes I did "stubble" me was back to my pictures through a search.
Now if I can get the-powers-to-be to link it to my profile page???
Appreciate it.
Jim
Jim:

I would copy and paste each picture back to your hard drive. Don't connect links. IF RCU would ever go away, you would have total loss. Dan
Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
We, as end users, shouldn't have to go to a different place to report this issue. You are a MOD who has now acknowledged the issue. Maybe, since you work for RCU, you should please report the issue!!! Thanks!! Dan
Well there is a process for reporting posts. For instance you identified a post as spam in this thread and added another post to say it should be deleted. Now it so happens that this thread is one that I am keeping an eye on BUT I do not read every new post in every thread. In future is you see something that you are unhappy with use the report button the small triangle in at the bottom right of each post. That way I get an alert on it and we have a way of tracking to see that it has been dealt with.

Regarding your problem with the marketplace again there is a way of reporting issues from the marketplace. Yes I am a Mod and yes I have superpowers but they only work in RC Jets.

I know nothing about the marketplace I have never used it and in fact am not even sure who is the moderator for that area.

You say I 'work' for RCU which kind of implies payment. Mods for specific forums are volunteers who do not get paid. In fact I am still waiting for my cap and T shirt that I was promised when I started many many moons ago. Mods like me see RCU as a valuable resource and to keep it running and used friendly we freely give of our time to keep the spam out, extinguish the flame wars that start from time to time and see that members follow our posting guidelines.

RCU members help us to do this by reporting posts using that report button.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:24 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Well there is a process for reporting posts.................. In future is you see something that you are unhappy with use the report button the small triangle in at the bottom right of each post. That way I get an alert on it and we have a way of tracking to see that it has been dealt with.

RCU members help us to do this by reporting posts using that report button.
Thank you for deleting the spam, and I also went back and deleted my post on it, thanking you. I went to look for the "triangle on the bottom right side of the post box" and couldn't find it, until looking on the left side. Then, I didn't, as I am sure others' don't understand the triangle with an exclamation to be a "report button direct to the Mod"? Sir: I have been a member, who used to and some weeks still go to RCU every morning over coffee to look at the latest forums, and items for sale. IF, as a member of around 11 years is having a hard time with the web site, I should not have to go to every division of RCU to report all of the issues that the Web Designer who redid the web site, and now making it more difficult. I am sure you read at the beginning of this forum, I tried to keep this discussion on a positive note.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 09-01-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 AM
RCFlyerDan

Sir:

I want to thank you for your time and effort of moderating RCU, instead of out flying or building your next jet. We all truly waste too much time on here...lol.

RCU Corp should have some sort of warranty work from the Corp., they hired to redesign this web site. It was down for more then a week for the redesign, yet, there are still a lot of issues that need addressed.

I think the triangle on the old web site was red? Maybe that is why I didn't see it here.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:06 AM
RCFlyerDan

Welcome RCKen!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:37 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssautter
My seller and buyer feedback will always be zero! RCG is my go-to site for classified auctions.

Good riddance to bad rubbish....
why even bother posting......
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 AM
j.duncker

OOPS don't know my port from starboard or left from right. Sorry.

YUP report triangle is indeed bottom LEFT of each post.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 AM
JimBrown

Allow me to pontificate for a moment. I have some experience with IT and with web sites.

As has been previously mentioned, everyone's market ratings are still intact in the Market Place subsection of the web site.

What has confused some people is the new "Market Feedback" number that appears in the forums under each posters name/avatar/other info that is shown to the left of each forum post. My guess is that this is a module that is included with vBulletin, but that it has not yet been connected to the Market Place subsection data. Consequently, it is showing "0" for everyone. If you click on the number, you will be taken to that users ratings as they are within vBulletin, which, because it is not connected to the Market Place, is pretty much zero for everyone (unless someone has used this module instead of the Market Place to leave feedback.)

My second guess is that at some point in the future, the Market Feedback shown in the forums will eventually be connected to the data contained in the Market Place feedback. At which point, the proper number(s) will show in the forums.

Just a guess though. Although, if I am correct, it might be a good idea to turn "Market Feedback" off until such time as the connection to Market Place data is made.

...jim