Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WREN UNPROFESIONAL ... 160 Broken

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

WREN UNPROFESIONAL ... 160 Broken

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 AM
JU-87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WREN UNPROFESIONAL ... 160 Broken

ALARM .... a turbine with 10 hours of use ..... wren breaks unresponsive .... are you the owner of a wren 160? Be careful you can be very very expensive 200 dollars an hour flight

Thanks Wren for unprofessional

They do not repair or provide parts replacement solution
Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

I have spoken to my colleagues in England and it seems your motor is now 4 years old. The offer was made to you for a fair repair in terms of costs. But to come on here and state that Wren is unproffesional is dead wrong. We do not sell turbine wheels for our production turbines to the public. And to threaten the office to give you what you want or else you are "going on the internet" ...Shame on you.
At least now everyone knows the rest of the story.

To add a few more details. It seems to me that you are not willing to send the motor in to the Wren engineers for a look. You expect to be able to buy a turbine wheel to repair this damage yourself, but refuse to let the company that built the turbine even see it.

Sorry to rant, but this whole thing smells to high heaven!
And to come on here and publicly state that Wren is unprofessional?

Last edited by Wren Turbines USA; 10-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

While I do not own a Wren turbine I have never ever heard anything negative about them...Not that my opinion matters any but I would have to side with the manufacturer here.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

I own a Wren, and never had a real issue with the service centers. so I would have to side with Ron on this. It's 4 years old, and you don't want to send it in? Honestly... I don't think any company will sell parts for a current engine. (will they?)

And finally... you've been a member here for 8 years... and only have 27 posts you your name. To me... you haven't built enough of a rep for me to believe you, over Ron. (sorry)
Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
John Tancock

Service back up is first class, as a friend of mine Steve Haughty found out after issue with his 160!
They are extremely professional!

JT
Old 10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hes not the only one with a wren that keeps exploding..
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Wren Turbines USA

NZ,
In 2012 I sold you some parts for a 160...I have brought up the post and replied for all to see. You wanted to do the repair of this motor yourself. Another reason why we no longer sell internal parts to private individuals who own current design Wren Turbines. I even shipped them to you before you paid for them.

I need a vacation!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 AM
JU-87

Hello, Ron.
No, Im not going to send my engine to wren, because the cost of shiping and the price that wren ask to me to know whats happend with my engine is more than 120 € !! Oh, sorry, I forgot to say, if I repair the engine, wren discount to me the price to know what was the problem.

The engine is 4 years old, yes, BUT 8 hours running time, this is the fact. And for the repair I have to pay more than 1000 €, NOOO, why?? and after 8 hours more? another 1000 €, NOOOOO. I prefer to use my money in a reliable engine.

Wren told me that I had very very bad luck with my engine, ok, i agree with them on this, I know that im not the first, but, what can we do !! And I asked them to SELL me , ( not for free) a turbine wheel, because I have a friend that have tools and the skill to repair it, what was the answer?..... NOO, we not sell to you the turbine whell.
Ok, I have now an expensive paperwheight. Time will tell....

Regards.

PD....Only comment for the 160

Last edited by JU-87; 10-07-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Only a 160.....bravo for 54 , 44 and turboprop
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

I have 9 wren turbines and wonder why wren will not sell parts to people so that they can repair them themselves. Especially as 3 of my turbines were built by me from the kit. What is the reason for not selling the spare parts ?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Gordon W

Are Wren the only company that won't sell spare turbine wheels etc so that anyone can readily dismantle and re-assemble their turbine to replace the old one with ease. Or do all the other model turbine companies behave in exactly the same disgraceful way, thereby saving themselves a huge amount of hassle from guys who shouldn't be going inside their turbine anyway?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:19 AM
GrayUK

Never found Wren to be anything but professional, great reliable product with 1st class after sales...
Paul G
Old 10-08-2013, 05:28 AM
PaulD

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GrayUK
Never found Wren to be anything but professional, great reliable product with 1st class after sales...
Paul G
+1

paulD
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I own two Wren motors, and I can say that Ron has gone so far above and beyond to provide service and support it isn't even funny! He has been incredibly professional every single time I've dealt with him. As a fellow business owner I can understand where he is coming from. You don't always know who you are selling parts to, one guy can have all the skill in the world, and the next guy might try to do the same repair using the "that looks about right" methods and a pair of vice grips. You have to make rules for the worst case scenario.

I have called Ron 11 times over 30 minutes while he tried to help troubleshoot my SS over the phone. He has cancelled dinner plans with his wife to finish a Kero conversion for me, if Ron and Wren are unprofessional I don't know who is.

Anthony
non sponsored, but extremely satisfied Wren customer!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why the commotion if you can afford a turbine than you should also be able to pay for their service.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM
JU-87

I need a vacation!!!

+1
Old 10-08-2013, 10:37 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wren have a fantastic reputation for service. I have an engine in Spain right now for service. It cost money to send it there. That's life, get over it.
Moreover you claim in the original post that they do not repair. This is untrue. Send it to Wren and I am sure that they will repair it.
John

Last edited by JohnMac; 10-08-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:52 PM
josecilurzo

JU-87,

i think you need more info about turbines and WREN!!! We have an WREN 54 SS, and i had some problems last year, Wren UK, and Ron ( Wren - USA ) provided absolutely amazing support, include on sunday, and ship to me parts with market prices, and, my opinion has wheight, because ihave : 11 jetcats, rti2800, and i used support many times!!!
WREN is an great engine, factory and guys!!!

Jose
Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I find both the UK and USA support second to none, Ron is amazing in the USA, fast, professional and has a genuine interest in any issues I have had. 2 Turboprops, 2 wren SS and a old Wren 44 with 45hrs and runs like new

Angus
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wren, unprofessional? - to borrow a term from our cousins over the pond: BALDERDASH!
In many years of dealing with Wren (from a plans built to the 160 this year) neither Mike et.al. in England, nor Ron in the US have been anything other than professional, and fair. Many companies charge, charge, and then charge again - and yes, Wren charges, but EVERY bill I have had from them has been extremely fair, and their service has been incredibly prompt. Me thinks there is more to your story than you are disclosing.
Greg
Just another satisfied Wren customer.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:11 AM
MNModels

Hi,

Well you can call it now 20 posts and 2 idiots! I have witness and experienced multiple Wren 160 blade failures. Just had a call from an very upset customer who almost lost his jet, badly damaged. I warned him about the 160! He was supposed to fly comp this weekend. I am sure WREN is outstanding in all parts, but the 160 have problems (or had problems). And WREN knows about this. Turbines that were send back - threw blades again. It is great when it is someone elses jet - but what if it is yours.

Maybe they got a bad set of turbine wheels from suppliers. If indeed they have, they should have taken the correct actions. But to call WREN unprofessional is wrong.

While attending the WJM in Switzerland, Jetcat arrived and swopped all P180RX turbines. I still do not know why. So i ask myself if i lost a jet due to a turbine failure that a manufacturer knew about - will they cover the cost of my total lost????

Rgds

Idiot 2
Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pmerritt
Let's see....19 posts and the SCORE Wren 18 - The idiot 1 LOL Good job Wren!
Why do you call him an idiot? He has a legit concern. If he can save money by doing the repair himself, by all means sell him the parts and let him carry the risk. There are a lot of skillful spaniards that can repair a turbine locally (does Jesus Artes ring a bell?).
Besides, nothing against Wren, but didint they use to sell turbine kits for you to assemble at home?

Ju87 I hope you get what you need, I know fist hand how the economy is in Spain right now, so I understand trying to save an euro o two, or one thousand.

David
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 AM
tlj125
My Feedback: (1)

I have two Wrens and love them both. Ron Ballard has always gone above and beyond in my dealings with him. From what I have read here, it sound like venting frustrations. This hobby can be very difficult at times. Take a step back and a deep breath and try again. Ron is great to work with. Give him a chance to help you out.

Terry
Old 10-09-2013, 05:39 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

LOL....his talent level IS Wren's business and since it's THEIR playground (and rules), either he abides by their rules or goes and finds a new place to play. There are two reasons they don't sell to the public. One being they honor their relationships with their retail clients and agree not to sell direct to the public or they believe that this repair should be done strictly by their licensed and trained professionals. More than likely they didn't cave into his idle threats and sell parts to novices or people with 4 year old engines demanding they violate their rules merely for his benefit.
It still has nothing to do with Spain's economy, lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 AM
JU-87

Attention this thread is only for the 160 model......the others....44, 54 turbojet are SUPER.......but 160 is a black hole at Wren Story......

Thx
Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 AM
In the Haze

Originally Posted by JU-87
Attention this thread is only for the 160 model......the others....44, 54 turbojet are SUPER.......but 160 is a black hole at Wren Story......Thx
Indeed, we have 3 160's that are lying in pieces with broken compressor wheels, too expensive to send back for repair.........

Idiot # 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.