Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Petition to Ban Fly Eagle Jets in North America

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Petition to Ban Fly Eagle Jets in North America

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
The difference is, if you looked at the poll about banning FEJ from events, the majority of people are willing to step up and say yes, and the RCU polls are not anonymous. But to start a petition that would require gov't legislation to ban something is going to create problems for ALL models and that is why people won't put their name to it. As I said, there is a fine line between being proactive and fear mongering, one has to be careful what side of the line you are on. Signing a petition like this won't get FEJ specifially banned, but the potential for huge restrictions on the hobby in general is there.
All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I understand that Ken and that it's a difficult job, but in regards to the rules, when does it start to become bashing or slander that if it was towards another member would be disallowed? I am not supporting FEJ in anyway, but at this point, it's turning into a witch hunt and there are now accusations being made (such as jets nearly killing people) which in all honesty are slander. FEJ models have come apart in flight multiple times, no question, but how close has anyone actually come to being hit, much less killed. These are accusations based on assumption and IMO something that FEJ would have a legal leg to stand on. The same could be said about Joe Blow jet modeler who has a waiver but shouldn't because he crashes everything he flies, if all the threads were about him and how he's "going to kill somebody", it becomes a personal attack and slander. There is IMO a huge difference between a thread about an airplane that came apart in the sky, and a thread such as this one making accusations and attempting to damage somebody or a business. Hence the reason I haven't wondered why the OTHER FEJ threads have been left open, they are far more valid than this one is.

I totally respect what you have to say here. But we cannot, nor do even want to, get into the business of checking the accuracy of what a post says. I understand that many things get said that aren't true, but it's not the job of the moderators to check that every post being made is accurate. It's been my experience that when something false is being posted the community will more often than not correct the false information.

I also agree that at times things can get to the point where they turn into a witch hunt. However, we will more often than not stay out of it because as I said earlier that we just don't want to start down that road. It's a slippery slope that we don't want to start down. Like I have already said, we prefer to let the community deal with issues like this. And that is what's happening on the "Ban FEJ" thread. From what I have seen so far most are telling him what a bad idea it is.

Ken
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a jet pilot, but I do have something to say about the subject. I understand where all are coming from in their differing arguments, but I see it from a little bit different perspective. If these planes are truly unsafe, or even considered moderately suspicious why hasn't the AMA stepped up to the plate? Ultimately it is the AMA who could do the most good with regard to the subject. If they were to be found unsafe and banned at sanctioned AMA events then that would pressure manufacturers to do the right thing and make the design changes necessary to make their product safe. Being the sanctioning body, and covering the damage caused in a catastrophe it seems to me that they would have a particular interest in knowing the structural safety of such a product. This would not open a Pandora's box so to speak because not all products come under the stresses of this type, so it wouldn't find itself needing to check every model offered. Just those that exceed certain criteria.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think at some point enough people will learn that FEJ models tend not to be successful and FEJ will fade away on It's own.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by shlitz
I have started a petition to ban these people from North America before someone gets killed here is the link if you are interested.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...-north-america

Go away. People know what they want and obviously you do to. DONT BUY ONE if that is your preference. Stay in your "country" and leave the reat of America alone. It is people like you who have ruined this world with your egotistical and self righteous attitudes. "If I don't want it, then nobody needs it". Really? Jeez.... Can we start another petition to ban trolls?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
rbean2

Originally Posted by rbean2
Go away. People know what they want and obviously you do to. DONT BUY ONE if that is your preference. Stay in your "country" and leave the reat of America alone. It is people like you who have ruined this world with your egotistical and self righteous attitudes. "If I don't want it, then nobody needs it". Really? Jeez.... Can we start another petition to ban trolls?

Sorry, one more. When I was at Kentucky Jets, the only thing that came close to hurting anything was a large A10, it actually hit the ground about 50 yards from my motorhome. Why was nobody again calling for the necks of A10 manufacturers or for the engine manufacturer because one of the engines failed to start (skepticism)? You people really need to stop. A plane flown properly, over the assigned areas is usually away from any persons. From all I hear on here is that the stabs fail after a hard turn and flying straight. Now unless you are flying straight toward a crowd of people, the chance of anyone being killed is greatly diminished and over exaggerated! Enough already. These planes we all like come apart at inopportune moments, you have no idea how I fly or flew before you see the plane when it does come apart. Every plane has a deficiency somewhere, look hard enough - dig deep enough - and someone WILL find one. Inevitable. Maybe we should all take apart each others planes and x-ray them and tear the skins off, I will bet good money, on EVERY plane, someone will find a problem. GOD BLESS THE USA!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Big Difference, A-10, pilot error, Hawk, design error. I was standing right there for both, yes, everything is potentialy dangerous, but that A-10 had so many safe flights, the Hawk, less than one.
Ron
Old 10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
rbean2

Originally Posted by G4guy
Big Difference, A-10, pilot error, Hawk, design error. I was standing right there for both, yes, everything is potentialy dangerous, but that A-10 had so many safe flights, the Hawk, less than one.
Ron
Just saying, you can't punish like some of these people are trying. To banish the whole lot of planes is insane. As LGM said, put together and not finished correctly, anything can happen. It is up to us to make sure OUR planes are safe. I know, bash me now. Not you G4, all the other witch hunters.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Tarasdad

One tail failure is a fluke, or could be put down to builder error. Two failure of the same part on the same type from two different builders should raise eyebrows and start the manufacturer looking into possible causes. Three or more and it's time for the manufacturer to issue a warning to owners not to fly the aircraft until further notice while they investigate a fix for the problem. Rather than do any of that FEJ puts the blame on the owners, or on someone sabotaging their own demo jet. That is not the sign of a company that stands behind their product but rather one that doesn't want to be bothered by you once they have your money. "Thanks for your cash, now go away."

Piss-poor customer service is piss-poor customer service, 'nuff said.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
PHall

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Hey guys: North America is US, Canada & Mexico.
To sign a petition is CRAZY
& Greenland
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Hey guys: North America is US, Canada & Mexico.
To sign a petition is CRAZY
Wikipedia defines North America as; dominated by Canada, the United States, and Mexico, while smaller states exist in the Central American and Caribbean regions.

For those that are geographically challenged, here's a map.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:06 PM
PHall

Old 10-08-2013, 03:13 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Wow, I'm blown away by the 180 most made. Lmao, I call this keyboard hard ass'ing. I still feel exactly the same. Having said that, I am a commercial pilot and I do know what happens when people request the FAA or likes to look into this. It will either be shrugged off or it will be a field day. I am not for involving the government but I am definately for sending the AMA a letter of concern.

Also, saying that a faulty airframe crashed out of control but didn't hit anyone makes it somewhat acceptable specially on a re occurring basis is also a stupid comment. It's like saying "Well, that guy shoots his rifle into the crowd but it's ok cause no one has been hit" really. The problem is that once 1 person is killed because of one of these faulty jets, not a dumb thumb accident but a legitimate faulty aircraft, there is already evidence that everyone knew that there was problems with these aircraft and no one wanted to address it and bam... Negligence. Wether from the pilot or the manufacturer or by people who knew this was possible.

If a person is at a jet event and one of these FEJ planes fail and hit or kill someone's kid. The event itself and the pilot will get sued because the victims parent can show proof of negligence and that's it. If it's just someone who dumb thumbed it, well, it's hard to prove negligence because there are no
forums full of people condemning dumb thumb pilots.
I'm done with this flip flop, I'm on the side of " I told you so" and I'm at peace with that. I will never purchase an airframe with provable and undeniable un airworthiness and negligent and unprofessional follow through of the manufacturer.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 10-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 PM
mordock999

Originally Posted by causeitflies
...and the next petition will be to ban ALL turbine jets.
I can see this getting out to the public and end up with thousands of signatures by people who know nothing about it. I've seen it happen.
I'd like to start a petition to ban all petitions.
AGREED. The LAST Thing You Need to do is to GIVE Certain Folks, the "News Media" and Particularly Politicians NEEDING the Votes, an EASY "Cause". ESPECIALLY in the Good Old "Freedom Loving" USA.....,
Old 10-08-2013, 05:36 PM
chopper52

Well I clicked on it just to read it,,There were 3 people who had signd it,,,I wonder who??? ,,,, Let AMA and the CDS handle FEJ ,,,,Thats the best way to go,and dont waste your money,,very simple..

Last edited by chopper52; 10-09-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Vote with you wallet ,will work much better than any petition ,they will change the name and sale the product nothing will stop the just you wallet if no money no biz ,FEJ will just die in dark corner .

Last edited by sysiek; 10-08-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:12 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
Wow, I'm blown away by the 180 most made. Lmao, I call this keyboard hard ass'ing. I still feel exactly the same. Having said that, I am a commercial pilot and I do know what happens when people request the FAA or likes to look into this.........
I'm a commercial pilot too, ATP actually, so what happens? Just curious.....
I'm not into turbines, but regardless of ones past or present position on the notion, it's likely best to leave the policing to the jet community (or RC community) as that community is in the best position to work those issues.
Hook
Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 PM
BobbyMcGee

Wow, the paranoia runs deep!

Seems you guys think banning dangerous fej jets will lead to regulating the whole hobby. So, now you want to live with the danger to protect your toys?
That's just Hypocritical and WRECKLESS.

It's like not wanting to report a crime because you are afraid of talking to the police in the fear that they may start looking into your background! Geeeze!

Don't you think that the two can be separated? That being just ban fej, and leave the hobby alone.
Well, I'm in on that petition.

Last edited by BobbyMcGee; 10-09-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:26 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We talk about self policing, but there is no policing happening.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 PM
hook57

Originally Posted by dubd
We talk about self policing, but there is no policing happening.
I've read enough of the threads to see that Dub, that's why I said its "likely best" to leave it the community. However, if enough noise is made outside of that community others might listen and feel the need to police. It doesn't make sense to wait for that "undesirable event" to take a stance against an unsafe action or piece of equipment. The few people I know flying turbines are rather methodical in their approach to operating turbines as well as the precautions they take. Just saying, I guess.
hook
Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by hook57
I've read enough of the threads to see that Dub, that's why I said its "likely best" to leave it the community. However, if enough noise is made outside of that community others might listen and feel the need to police. It doesn't make sense to wait for that "undesirable event" to take a stance against an unsafe action or piece of equipment. The few people I know flying turbines are rather methodical in their approach to operating turbines as well as the precautions they take. Just saying, I guess.
hook
What's up Hook,

We are trying to self police. Once someone gets whacked, then the law gets involved. I also am an ATP bud! Rotorcraft pilot though. You fixed wing?
Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
hook57

Originally Posted by SkunkWerkz
What's up Hook,
We are trying to self police. Once someone gets whacked, then the law gets involved. I also am an ATP bud! Rotorcraft pilot though. You fixed wing?
Fixed wing SW, old freight dog (MU-2, DA20, and a bit of DC-8) now more for pleasure than business, but even the RV-6 is going up for sale too.
Whacked as in fatally injured then yep, there'll be legal implications for sure, so I'd think mitigating those risks early on is beneficial. Though self policing seems to be absent per a recent post, hopefully that changes.
Fly safe SW.
hook
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Mike2735

I don't have a dog in this fight as I am not a jet pilot but, the best way to stop any manufacturer is not by petition. It is to hit them in their pocket. Don't buy the supposed "BAD" product and they will be banned because no one will have one. I know that someone will buy their product because it is cheaper or because it looks cool etc., but we need to take care of the obvious problems locally. If their product is that bad then the governing officials at any Fly In should not allow them in the air. That is the message that we need to send. That we can police ourselves. Anytime you start a petition to ban something, before you know it, someone else wants to ban something else and then if all the petitions were to succeed, none of us would be allowed to do anything.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 PM
psb667

I signed the petition to ban dumbthumbs. Now my post take forever type when im using my tablet.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

I'm not a jet pilot but out of curiosity I've been following the threads on FEJ for the past 3 + years. It amazes the hell out of me that with all the CONSTANT, UNANIMOUS, and REPETITIVE, criticism, berating, lecturing, and disgust regarding FEJ, that now all I see is a complete about face and "hands off" attitude regarding someone's effort to keep these unsafe and potentially deadly aircraft from being allowed at our events?

This is so typical of what has become the demise of this great country we live in with the "let's let someone else handle the responsibility" attitude. It seems to me that no one wants to jump on board for fear of some mythical excuse that by a union of model aircraft pilots, we make a statement to not just the manufacturer but to the community itself that we care about the quality of the airplanes in our hobby. Certainly this effort tells not only naïve buyers but John Q Public as a whole we won't stand for any supplier anywhere making unsafe aircraft when time and time again they have been proven to be substandard construction with little to no effort to change their quality of construction.

I get the impression that since obviously FEJ makes a VERY LARGE supportive contribution to these events that we're supposed to turn a blind eye to this ongoing problem because certainly we wouldn't want to "rock the boat" and shoot out sponsor in the foot" would we? God FORBID THAT! How in the world are we going to have these events if we make an effort to stop faulty aircrafts from being flown at them?

Just because they might make a good looking aircraft and some of their planes fly great, I have read enough bashing of their models to know that as a group, something such as this petition would set them on their heels as well as tell other manufacturers that we need quality built airframes that will stand up to normal flying maneuvers. These AREN'T 40 sized trainers people. This is an aircraft with highly volatile fuel, size and weight in which to cause serious harm or death very easily.

Again, it's very strange that even some of those that have squawked loudest have backed off completely and turned face. Very strange indeed. Another nail in the coffin of the morals of this country because we don't want our name to show up on a list telling people we are fighting for what we believe is right. Total complacency at it's best. WOW.

Maybe because I'm not a jet pilot I shouldn't have the right to insert my opinion but I was totally shocked to see all the tucked tails on this one. How discouraging. How gutless.

Ok folks, start throwing stones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.