Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Radio system for Turbinator?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Radio system for Turbinator?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 AM
duthie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio system for Turbinator?

Just about to complete my Turbinator jet and was thinking about the radio system which will be needed?
The servos / channels are:
Aileron - 2 servos
Flap - 2 servos
Elevator - 2 servos
Rudder - 1 servo
Nose leg steering - 1 servo
ECU (throttle) - 1 channel
Gear - 1 channel
Brakes - 1 channel

So do I Y lead the flaps, elevators and rudder / nose leg, which would give 8 channels and mix in the brakes to down elevator?
I was thinking of buying the new Spektrum DX 9 which should be ok for the Y lead set up or would it be better to go with the Spektrum DX 18 which would not need the Y leads, if using the expander box.
Or option three would be the DX9 and a Powerbox system to allow the servos to be connected without a Y lead as well.

In all cases I will be using a battery back up through a Powerbox sensor switch, which might have to be patched in to the receiver with a Y lead as well.

Cheers
Duthie.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:54 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by duthie
Just about to complete my Turbinator jet and was thinking about the radio system which will be needed?
The servos / channels are:
Aileron - 2 servos
Flap - 2 servos
Elevator - 2 servos
Rudder - 1 servo
Nose leg steering - 1 servo
ECU (throttle) - 1 channel
Gear - 1 channel
Brakes - 1 channel

So do I Y lead the flaps, elevators and rudder / nose leg, which would give 8 channels and mix in the brakes to down elevator?
I was thinking of buying the new Spektrum DX 9 which should be ok for the Y lead set up or would it be better to go with the Spektrum DX 18 which would not need the Y leads, if using the expander box.
Or option three would be the DX9 and a Powerbox system to allow the servos to be connected without a Y lead as well.

In all cases I will be using a battery back up through a Powerbox sensor switch, which might have to be patched in to the receiver with a Y lead as well.

Cheers
Duthie.
I'd go with either a Futaba 8FG or 14SG. Both are 14-channel radios with FASST - which means one receiver, 2 antennas, set it, and forget it.

But that's just me...

Bob