Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Looking for ideas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Looking for ideas

Well being away from the hobby this year has got me pondering my next project, more so the scheme I am looking for. I want to do something sporty and the colors I am thinking of are either white/ orange with black or silver trim or teal green/sky blue/silver with black outline. So to help me come up with a design I figured seeing others may give me some ideas so post if your bored and willing post your sport jets! I know there are a few post pictures of your jet threads, but I cannot locate them, some of my old bookmarked threads no longer work since rcu upgraded. Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you with the 'sporty colors', but I am interested in the status of your F-14.
Regards,
Gus
Old 03-06-2014, 09:05 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A SPORT jet Fender.. Well come on in!..... I think you will love the easy operation and great flying characteristics of a sport jet..

One of the hardest things for me, is deciding what scheme to paint my models in.. I spend hours and hours lying awake contemplating this problem. Painting a jet is such an effort, you want to get that scheme right. And there are so many beautiful “Factory” schemes out there, it is extremely difficult to be original.

Here are my three custom painted sport jets..

The Balsa Bandit is a pseudo military scheme I borrowed off a model Chris Huhn built many years ago. The Kandi Bandit scheme is my creation, trying to be different. The Bobcat is a custom scheme, similar to the factory Bobcats but hand painted with a bit of artwork.

Good Luck..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5450.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1975712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48783.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1975713   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130929_114101.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	970.1 KB
ID:	1975714   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130928_140055.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	992.9 KB
ID:	1975715  
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Gus, I finished the F-15 before I went overseas, the F-14 is still waiting to be started. I was considering selling my stuff since i have no local place to fly any more and which is why im considering a sport jet.
Roger.alli, im the same way im very picky with my color schemes, I will spend weeks trying to come up with something lol. Thakns for the pictures hoping more people chime in!
Nice looking bandit!!

Last edited by FenderBean; 03-07-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Well, let me just say that there is nothing like flying a sport jet. They are precise, go where you point them and are wicked fast.

In my humble opinion, A bandit is the most precise of any sport jet I've flown and hey, it's a BVM model so you know it will perform, build and maintain well.

Here are some of my Bandits. Included are my old kingcat and even my ultra bandit. There are even some in the colors you want!

If I was limited to only one jet, it would be HANDS DOWN, without any question, a Bandit.

Not Bandits, but a good substitute. Flashe's just aren't quite as precise as bandits.